I'm Here With You

Something More

Mark:

The train ride felt longer than usual. I was fidgeting in my seat.

            “Hyung, calm down…we gonna be there soon…” Jinyoung said rubbing my arm. Somehow his light touches soothe my nerves a little.

We hailed a cab as soon as we got off at the station and when I arrived home, everything looked calm from the outside. I saw my parents car parked by the roadside and as I walked through the gate, I could hear my mother’s voice.

            “I’ve had enough Ray! I won’t take it anymore!” she screamed.

Jinyoung and I looked at each other and rushed to the door.

            “Omma…” I said as I walked in.

I saw my mom hauling her luggage from upstairs down to the living room.

            “What’s going on here?”

My mom was crying and my dad was sitting with his head down on the couch.

            “I’m leaving Yi-En…I can’t live here anymore…” she said carrying her luggage.

            “Leaving? Business trip?”

            “No…I’m leaving your dad…”

            “But why?”

            “Ask him…I will call you when I’ve settled down…I love you Yi-En…” she kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

            “Omma…”

I looked at my dad and he was just lost in his thought.

            “Jinyoung ah…go wait for me in my room will ya?”

            “Sure…”

When Jinyoung left, I went towards my dad.

            “Appa…why is omma leaving us? Is something wrong?” I asked sitting next to him.

           

Jinyoung:

I was pacing back and forth inside Mark hyung’s bedroom. What’s happening today was practically a blur…first his mom is leaving…and then I heard some sort of yelling from downstairs…I wanted to go down but my brain kept telling me no.

            “Jinyoung ah…I brought some juice…” Misuk ajumma came in with a tray in her hands.

            “Thank you ajumma…um…ajumma, if you don’t mind I’m asking…what’s going on here?”

Before Misuk ajumma could say anything, Mark hyung walked in.

            “Ajumma, could you get some painkillers for me? I think my head gonna burst…” he said and slumped on the bed.

            “Hyung…”

I went towards him and sat down on the bed next to him.          

            “Hyung…what’s wrong?” I asked.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

He crawled and put his head on my lap. I looked down and saw droplets of tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

            “Hyung…what’s going on? Stop freaking me out…”

            “My parents are getting a divorce…”

            “Divorce?” my eyes widened

Mark:

Yes...divorce. My parents are getting a divorce. By the look at it, it’s was a long overdue.

            “What happened?’ Jinyoung asked. His hands slowly caressing my hair as I rested my head on his lap. I don’t why I did it but I did…

            “My dad’s been cheating on her…it happened before but my mom decided to forgive him for my sake…and he did it again…the constant flying, business trips…it was with the other woman…”

I could hear Jinyoung gasped. When I heard my dad telling me the reason he and mom getting a divorce, I felt like my world shattered in pieces. I can’t believe my dad did that.

            “Hyung…”

            “I think I’m going crazy Jinyoung ah…why is this happening to me?” I buried my face into his lap and cried.

            “It’s not your fault…maybe this was best for them…”

            “I dunno Jinyoung ah…” my hands wrapped around his waist and I wished that time would stay still.

Jinyoung slowly backed away and gently put Mark’s head on the pillow. Apparently, he had fallen asleep while crying his eyes out. Jinyoung took out his phone and dialled his mom’s number.

            “Hello…hey mom…”

            “Park Jinyoung! Where have you been? I’ve been calling you nonstop but no one answered…do you know how worried I was?” his mom rant at the end of the line.

            “I’m with Mark hyung…something happened at his house and I’m with him right now…”

            “Is he okay? Is he hurt?” there’s a worried tone in her voice. Mark was like a second son to her after all.

            “He’s okay…I’ll tell you everything later…I’ll be home in a while…”

            “Okay…be careful…call me if you need anything…”

            “Nae…”

He hung up and looked at Mark’s face. He pulled the covers up and when he turned around to leave, something caught his hand. He looked and Mark was staring at him.

            “Hyung…”

            “Don’t leave…” he pleaded softly. “I need someone here with me…at least for the day…”

            “Fine…”

Mark lay back on his bed watching Jinyoung every move. He was afraid that Jinyoung would leave him.

           

Mark:

When I opened my eyes, the sun is almost setting…I’ve been asleep for at least 6 hours…never had that much sleep before. I guess I was mentally exhausted.

“I’m with Mark hyung…something happened at his house and I’m with him right now… He’s okay…I’ll tell you everything later…I’ll be home in a while…nae…”

I closed my eyes back and felt Jinyoung pulling the blanket covering me. He’s going home…

Before he could leave, I caught his wrist.

            “Don’t leave… I need someone here with me…at least for the day…” I said sounded almost like pleading.

            “Fine…” he said and smiled.

My eye never left his sight. I was so afraid that he would leave.

“Hyung…you don’t have to stare me like that…I’m not leaving…I gave you my word…” Jinyoung put his right palm on his chest. “Cross my heart and hope to die…” he smiled. “Why don’t you go ahead and shower, I’ll go downstairs and see if Misuk ajumma left anything for us to eat…”

I saw Jinyoung walked out from the bathroom after changing his clothes. We had dinner in my room and listened to music. Neither of us said anything but there’s something about the presence of Jinyoung calmed me.

Jinyoung:

I woke at the middle of the night to Mark hyung’s babbling in his sleep. I sat up and he was twitching in his bed.

            “Don’t…omma…no…” he was flailing his hands.

            “Hyung…wake up…wake up…” I shook his body lightly.

He slowly opened his eyes.

            “Huh? What…” he looked at me.

            “You’re talking in your sleep…bad dream?”

Mark hyung nodded.

            “Jinyoung ah…can I sleep next to you?” he asked.

Ok…one of my greatest fantasy is about to become reality…and I have mixed feelings about it. Sure we have a lot of sleepovers back and forth between my place and his but it’s always been a separate bed for us. I’d love to have him close next to me but I don’t want his close proximity caused me to have a or something….that would be a disaster! I was battling with my mind when suddenly Mark hyung went down on the floor next to me. He took his pillow with him and put it next to mine.

            “Just sleep Jinyoung ah…I won’t do anything to you…” Mark hyung said and closed his eyes. A few moments later, soft snore came from him.

Sleep is the last thing on my mind right now.

 

Double update to celebrate my 100++ subscribers!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Thank you for your support and I'll try my best to update as often as I can...

Don't forget to flood the comment box below!

ANNYEONG!!!!