Letting You Go

Something More

Mark:

Jinyoung is getting married today…I guess I just lost him forever…

            “Hyung, are you sure you don’t want me to send you to the airport?” Yoogyeom said as he watched me packing up my clothes.

            “Yeah…I can take the subway…it’s easier that way…”

            “How long you gonna be there?” he sat at the edge of my bed.

            “I dunno…maybe until everything settled…”

            “So you’re not going to Jinyoung hyung’s wedding I suppose?”

            “Yeah…” I bitterly smiled.

How could I be at the place where the love of my life is getting hitched to another man? I’d rather die than have to witness that.

            “Hyung…” Yoogyeom stared at me. I know what he was going to say…

            “I’m fine Yoogyeom ah…maybe Jinyoung and I wasn’t meant to be…maybe JB could be the one that can make him happy…”

I closed the luggage and dragged it to the front with Yoogyeom following me.

            “When is your flight?” he asked.

            “Um…two hours…here are the house keys…” I gave Yoogyeom a bunch of keys. “And this…” I gave my phone to him. I don’t anyone to bother me while I’m away…I need a peace of mind so I can slowly forgot about Jinyoung…although I know that it was the hardest thing to do in my life.

            “But hyung…how am I gonna call you?”

            “I’ll call you when the time comes…thanks for everything Yoogyeom ah…you’re really a great dongsaeng to me…”

I hugged Yoogyeom.

            “Let me send you to the subway at least…”

 

Jinyoung:

Black tux with a matching black dress shoes…I looked at the reflection in the mirror but all I can see is someone else. I’m getting married today…it still felt surreal and the reality haven’t really sink in with me.

            “Are you ready?” JB asked with a smile.

            “Yeah…”

He stood next to me and looked in the mirror as held my hand.

            “We do look good together don’t we?” he said.

            “Yeah…”

            “Can we go now?”

            “Yup…”

In the car…

            “I can’t believe that we’re actually getting married today…” JB said as he drive. I glanced over and smiled.

            “Me neither…”

            “I’m sure my mom gonna cry…”

            “Mine too…”

            “I’m still amazed how our moms could be so attached to each other…”

After half an hour I realised that we’re going to a different direction from our intended destination.

            “Hold up…I thought we’re supposed to go that way…” I looked when JB missed our exit on the highway.

            “I have a surprised for you…” JB said. “I know that our wedding supposed to begin in an hour but I told everyone that we’re gonna be late…”

            “Why?”

            “I want to take you somewhere…a special place…” he caressed my cheek. “So relax, and enjoy the ride…”

*****************************

JB stopped the car in front of a restaurant.

            “We’re here…let’s go…” JB said getting out of the car. He opened Jinyoung’s door and extended his hands.

Jinyoung gladly hold his hand and the both of them walked into the restaurant together. They took a secluded table by the window.

            “Do you remember this place?” JB asked. I looked around and nodded.

            “How could I forget? This is the place when you first ask me to go out with you…”

            “So you do remember…”

            “Baby…what are we really doing here? I’m sure people at the hall will wonder where we were…”

            “Relax…I told them that we gonna be late…” JB leaned over and grabbed Jinyoung’s hands. “Are you happy Jinyoung ah?”

            “Of course…why wouldn’t I be? I’m getting married to you…why? You’re not happy?”

            “I’m so happy that I could die…” JB got up. “ Stay here…I’ll go get something for us…”

            “Baby…is something wrong?”

            “No…everything is great…stay put…don’t move an inch…” JB kissed Jinyoung’s lips before disappeared behind the wall.

 

Jinyoung:

I looked at the watch and JB is not here yet…it’s been 15 minutes since he left. I wanted to go and find him but he told me to stay.

A waiter came.

            “Park Jinyoung ssi?” he said looking at me.

            “Yes…”

            “There’s something for you…”he put an envelope in front of me and left.

*What’s this?* I opened the envelope and it was a letter.

My love Jinyoung…

It’s me, Jaebum…you must be wondering why this letter come to you during this time right? I know we’re supposed to be on our way to our wedding but I guess there will be no wedding today…at least not between me and you. There’s a secret I’ve been keeping from you…I heard what you and your mom talked about the other night…the fact that you still love Mark.

It hurt so damn bad hearing that from your own mouth…feels like sharp blade slicing through my open wound… but there’s nothing I could do about it…we can’t force love and forcing you to love me when your heart belongs to someone else is the last thing I want to do.

I love you Jinyoung ah…I love you so much that I’m willing to let you go…I want you to be happy…even without me along the way…I just hope that in our next life, I will meet you first and when that time comes, you better be prepared because I’m not letting you go…

Don’t worry about me…I will be fine…I’m a big boy and I know how to take care of myself…

Go get Mark back and be happy Jinyoung ah…I don’t want to say it but that damn bastard is lucky to have you…I wish you all the happiness of the world…

Love,

JB…

Flood of tears b Jinyoung’s eyes as he read the letter. Folding the paper and shove it into his pocket, Jinyoung dashed towards the door.

JB watched from afar as Jinyoung got into a cab and drove away.

*Be happy Jinyoung ah…* he said in silent.

*******************************************

The cab stopped in front of the apartment building and Jinyoung quickly got out and ran towards the elevator.

            “Hyung…what are you doing here?” Yoogyeom said as he exited the elevator with BamBam next to him.

            “Yoogyeom ah…you know where Mark live right?”

            “Yeah…his place is just 4 floors below mine…what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at your wedding now?”

            “The wedding is off…I need to see Mark…is he at home?”

            “No…he went back to LA…”

            “LA?” Jinyoung’s eyes widened. Am I too late?

            “Yeah…”

Half an hour later…airport…

Jinyoung arrived and ran to the departure hall. He searched around looking for Mark but no avail. He went to the counter instead.

            “Hi…may I help you?” the receptionist said with a smile.

            “Yes…the flight to LA today…what’s the status?” Jinyoung nervously asked.

            “LA? I’m sorry sir but it already took off an hour ago…”

Jinyoung let out a long sigh. He’s too late…

            “When is the next flight to LA then?”

            “Um…tonight at 7…”

            “Book me a ticket…thanks…” Jinyoung took out his phone and dialled Yoogyeom’s number. “Yoogyeom ah…I need Mark’s address in LA now!”

 

JB:

I looked outside and the sun is setting. People started clearing up the hall and the decorations are being put away in boxes. I guess this is for the better.

            “Jaebum ah…” I looked up and saw Jinyoung’s mom.

            “Omonim…”

She hugged me.

            “You ok?”

            “I will be…” I smiled. “I just want Jinyoung to be happy…even it’s not with me…”

            “I know…I’m sure one day you’ll find someone that loves you the way you deserved to be loved…”

She hugged me again.

 

An update...one more chapter and this fic will end...huhu...TT TT...