The Two Men Meet

Something More

Jinyoung:

The silence in the car was deafening…I glanced over JB at the driver’s seat and he just had his gaze straight in the road. I never thought that JB would be at the studio and saw Mark there.

            “Babe…talk to me…” I said holding his arm.

But JB just stay silence…I looked at the back seat and saw a picnic basket…he was planning to take me out for a picnic today and somehow it was ruined.

            “When are you planning on telling me about Mark?” JB finally talk. We just arrived home and he stood in front of me crossing his arms.

            “I thought it doesn’t matter……”

            “Really Jinyoung ah?”

He shook his head and went to the bedroom. I heard the water running and then my phone rings. I looked at the screen and it was Mark hyung. I just leave it to ring and it just stopped. I took off the battery and shove it inside my bag.

 

JB:

The cool water cascaded all over my body but somehow my chest is about to burst…how could Jinyoung hide such thing from me? Did he go back to Mark behind my back? I can’t help but to think that way…

I turned the shower off and dry myself up. I walked out from the bathroom and saw Jinyoung sitting by the edge of the bed and our eyes met.

            “I’m sorry…” he said in a low tone.

            “Why would you be sorry?” I was waiting for his explanation.

            “For not being honest about Mark hyung…I was shocked when he came to the studio as Yoogyeom’s replacement since he hurt his ankle…”

            “Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “I thought it doesn’t matter…I mean…I’m with you now and he’s part of my past…he’s a friend way before we dated back in high school…”

            “If you say so…”

I got dressed up, grabbed the car key and got out. Looks like I need to give someone a little visit. I had to straight things up once and for all.

 

Mark:

*The number you have dialled is not available…* that damned operator again. It’s been half an hour I’ve tried calling Jinyoung but he didn’t pick up…I hope everything is fine with him. The look in JB’s eyes just now is the first I’ve seen as long as I can remember…

            “What are you doing there?” my dad emerged at the gate. He asked me to have dinner together and there’s no way I can avoid him.

I walked into his house and saw few people at the table. My stepmother was there and as usual, the rolled eyes from her greeted me.

            “So, this is my son that I told you about…” my dad said. An older man smiled. Next to him, a young woman around my age was sitting looking at me.

            “My, my…what a fine young man you got there Ray…”

I bowed to him and shook his hand.

            “This is Mr. Ryu…he’s one of my business associates…and that’s her daughter, Mika…”

I instantly knew what this dinner is all about. I should’ve say no from the start.

Two hours later…

The dinner ended and when Mr. Ryu left, my dad asked him to join him for a drink at the mini bar.

            “So, what do you think of Mika?” he asked, pouring himself a glass of whiskey.

            “She’s cute…and polite…” I know where this conversation gonna lead to…

            “I was thinking…you two would make a great couple…”

            “Dad, I can’t date her…I have someone else…”

            “You do? Who is she? Who is her father? Where did she come from?”

            “His name is Jinyoung…the guy I went out with when I was in high school…we met again and I’m going back together with him…”

            “What?” he glared at me. “You’re telling me that you’re gay?”

            “Dad, I told you I was gay years ago…there’s nothing new about it…”

            “You can’t be gay! My son can’t be gay!”

            “Look, just face the fact that I’m gay…if you hate it then feel free to remove me from your life…I’ve been living without you for these past years anyway and I’m fine…”

I got up, grabbed my stuff and left.

 

JB:

I did a lot of thinking and I came to a conclusion…I won’t lose Jinyoung…not to Mark or anyone else…I love him and I will fight what’s mine.

            “Hyung…what are you doing here?” Jackson opened his door. He’s the only one that can help me.

            “I need Mark’s address…”

            “Hyung…you know Mark hyung is back? Did Jinyoung tell you?” his eyes widened.

            “Nope…I met him myself…so, are you gonna give me the address or what?”

            “You’re not gonna beat him up right?”

            “Yaa! Do you think I’m that barbaric? I just wanna talk to him…”

Jackson was sceptical with my answer.

            “Hyung…” he looked at me with pleading eyes.

            “Damn it Jackson! Just give me the address!”

            “I will…but promise me that you won’t get into fight with him…as much as I hate him for leaving Jinyoung, he’s still one of my employees…Channie hyung will chop my head off if anything happened to him…”

            “Fine…now, the address please…”

***********************

Horrible dinner with his father and Jinyoung is out of his reach, puts Mark in awful mood. All he wants to do is go home and soak in the tub. Mark parked his car at the basement parking lot and got out. His eyes wondered around and suddenly he spotted someone standing at the front hood of a car across from him.

            “JB…”

            “It’s amazing that you still remember me…” JB smirked. He slowly walked towards Mark.

            “What are you doing here? And how did you know…”

            “I had my way…”

            “Ahh…Jackson…” Mark could’ve guess who told him anyway.

            “You know why I’m here right?” JB asked crossing his arms.

            “I don’t mind you explaining it to me…”Mark crossed his arms too, mimicking JB’s moves.

            “Just stay away from our life…Jinyoung is happy with me…”

            “Why? Are you afraid that he might come back to me?”

JB launched towards Mark and grabbed his collar.

            “You left him years ago!” JB was trying his hard not to punch Mark’s face. His fist tightly clenched just waiting for the right time.

            “I love Jinyoung…after all these years…he’s the one that I love…”

            “You call that love? You should’ve seen Jinyoung back then…he was a wreck…I had to pick up the pieces you left behind and what makes you think that you could just walk right back into his life as if nothing happened huh?”

A solid punch landed on Mark’s left jaw. He stumbled backwards from the force.

            “But the thing between you and Jinyoung are in the past…he’s with me now and we’re happy…and didn’t it ever occurred to you that you’re being here is just gonna open Jinyoung’s old wound and hurt him again? Think about that for a sec…”

JB gave him one last glare and walked away to his car.

 

Mark:

JB’s last words kept playing in my head for a while…I’ve met Jinyoung and I think we’re good…I mean…we talked, laughed and I could see the look in Jinyoung’s eyes that he didn’t hate me…

            “Omma…what should I do now?” I went to the balcony and stepped out. The cool breeze hit my skin but it failed to calm me down. This time I really wished that my mom was here with me. My jaw still hurt from JB’s punch…that guy has one helluva fist…

 

What happened next? Stay tuned for the next update....

Happy reading and flood the comment box below...

ANNYEONG!!!