Meeting

Something More

Jinyoung:

I looked at my watch and I’m already late for my work. JB called last night and said that he might be home sooner than expected since the work ended earlier. I was walking through the glass door and saw Jackson already at front desk, crossing his arm.

            “Good morning…” I said and waved at the receptionist, Jimin.

            “Morning oppa…” she smiled and handed me my schedule for the week.

            “Thanks Jimin ah…” I looked at Jackson and he was staring at me.

            “You’re late…” he pointed at the wall clock.

            “2 minutes…chill…the kids aren’t here yet…” I rolled my eyes and looked at my schedules. Looks like I’m gonna be busy for the next few days…

            “Don’t make this as a habit though…”

            “Yes mom…” I said and bowed to him. “Are you done being my assistant now?”

            “Kinda"…” he grinned. I know he couldn’t stay mad at me for more than 2 minutes. “Anyway…the new instructor is here…and let me warn you...don’t be surprised…”

            “Why would I be surprised?” I frowned.

            “You’ll see…let’s go…he’s already in the dance room.”

I walked with Jackson to the end of the hallway. I could hear music coming from the dance room.

            “Are you ready?” Jackson looked at me. There’s something I couldn’t explain with the expression on his face.

            “Yaa…stop freaking me out here…you sound like that new guy is some kind of weirdo or something.”

            “I just want you to prepare yourself…”                                                 

Jackson opened the door and I saw a guy, a little bit taller than me dressed in a black sweatpants and a matching hoodies, dancing to the beat. He stopped, probably sensed that someone is here in the room. He went to the stereo and killed off the music. He pulled down the hoodies and to say that I was shocked was an understatement.

            “Yoogyeom ah…”

            “Hyung!” he came running towards me and hugged me. “Jackson hyung told me that you’re the head instructor here…”

            “And you’re the new guy?”

            “Yup!” Yoogyeom beamed with smiles.

I know Yoogyeom as he was one of my juniors back in college. He went to the States for exchange student program and as soon as he came back, he was scout into a famous dance company.

            “I thought you’re with Wooyoung hyung…”

            “I was…but Channie hyung needed my help so he kinda steals me for a while…with Wooyoung hyung’s permission of course…”

            “So, you’re gonna stay here?”

            “Yup…” he nodded.

 

Mark:

My new work at the dance studio was kinda cool. I mean…the working hours are pretty flexible and I can do what I loved the most which is dancing…I wonder what Jinyoung are doing right now…we had a plan before where we would open our own studio and teach under privileged children dancing.

            “Hey Mark, there’s someone here wants to see you…” Eunmi stuck her head at the door. I was in the dance room, about to leave for lunch.

            “Where is it?”

            “They’re waiting for you at the lounge…”

            “Thanks Eunmi ah…”

            “No problem…” she disappeared behind the door.

I got up and went to the front towards the lounge. As I stepped in, I saw my dad and his wife…

            “Yi-En ah…” he hugged me. “I missed you so much son…” he said as he broke the hug.

            “What are you doing here? And how did you I was here?”

            “Your mom told me…you’ve become a fine young man Yi-En ah…”

He hugged me again. I looked over his shoulder and saw my stepmom rolling her eyes towards me.

            “How about we have dinner together tonight? Just like one happy family…”

            “Um…I dunno dad…I’m kinda busy these days…”

            “Tell you what…give me a call whenever you’re free then…” he slipped his card inside my hand.

As much as  didn’t want to see the woman that he called his wife right now, this man is still my father and somehow that still counts for something.

**************************************

Jinyoung:

            “You need to stay focus Jaehyung…I know you’re a good dancer but you tend to go a little too far…” I said as I looked at Jaehyung’s progress test result.

            “Nae saem…” he nodded.

            “And don’t skip any class…if I heard you did, I don’t have any choice but to kick you out…”

            “Saem…you can’t be serious?” his eyes quivered.

            “I am dead serious…remember that your parents gave their best for you to be here so I don’t want you to waste their effort…you understand me?”

            “Yes saem…”

            “Good...you can go now…”

            “Thanks saem…” he bowed and left my office.

I was walking towards the dance room when I saw Jackson came out running.

            “Jackson ah…”

            “Bad news Jinyoung ah…Yoogyeom is hurt…” he said hitching his breath.

            “Yoogyeom’s hurt? How? When?”

            “He was doing one of his routine spin and somehow had his foot twisted…I think his ankle is broken…”

I quickly ran towards the dance room and saw the students gathered around Yoogyeom. His face scrunched as he was trying to withstand the pain.

            “Yoogyeom ah…how could this be? I told you to be careful…” I crouched next to him.

            “I know…”

            “Help him up…we’re going to the hospital now…”

Few hours later…in the hospital…

            “You just need to rest for the next two months and I mean no strenuous foot usage and definitely no dancing…” the doctor said as Yoogyeom and I walked out from the emergency room. Yoogyeom was using a crutch to walk and somehow he didn’t look awkward using it.

            “Yes doc…” he mock saluted the doctor.

            “I mean it this this Yoogyeom…if you break this ankle again you won’t be dancing for the rest of your life ever again…”

In my car…

            “So, you’ve broke the same ankle before?”

            “Yeah…last year…” he nodded. “BamBam gonna pissed off if he knew about this…”

            “You haven’t told him yet?”

            “Yeah…”

15 later we arrived in front of Yoogyeom’s apartment building.

            “You want me to come with you?” I said as I helped Yoogyeom getting out of my car.

            “It’s okay…I can do it…looks like I won’t be at the studio for the next two months…”

            “Never mind…your health comes first…anyway, take care ok?”

            “Thanks hyung…”

 

Mark:

I saw Yoogyeom walked in crutches towards the lobby. What happened to him?

            “Yoogyeom ah…” I said running towards him. “What happened to you?”

            “Minor accident…I broke my ankle…”

            “You said that was minor? How did it happen?”

            “My mistake…I didn’t see where I was landing after a spin…”

I helped him to his apartment. His boyfriend, BamBam was shocked and a long nag was heard even after I went out the door.

*****************************************

Mark:

            “Please hyung…you’re the only one who can help me…” Yoogyeom said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

            “But…what about my work here? I just can’t abandon things as I like…Wooyoung hyung gonna chop my head off…” I stood up and walked towards the big window in the staff lounge.

            “I’ve talked to Wooyoung hyung…he gave me his green light…it’s only for two months…until my ankle heals completely…please hyung…”

He got up and walked in crutches towards me.

            “Hyung…you’re the only one that’s good enough…I don’t have anyone else…” he held my arm. He made this adorable puppy face and he knew I can’t say NO that.

            “Fine…just because you helped me so much since I got back here…”

            “Thanks hyung!”

Looks like I’m gonna prepare myself for a new place for work…thank god it’s only temporary.

Jinyoung was alone in the dance studio listening to the new music that he has to do the choreo when Yoogyeom came in with his usual grin.

            “Hyung…” he said waving.

            “Yaa…what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be resting at home?” Jinyoung got up and went towards him.

            “I know but I’m here for a reason…hyung, do you remember when I said that I found someone for replace me for the time being?” Yoogyeom said. Jinyoung just nodded.

            “I brought him over…he agreed to help…”

            “Who is he?”

            “Someone I know when I went for that student exchange program…hold on…” Yoogyeom went to the door and stuck his head out. “Hyung, come on in…”

Jinyoung went to the stereo and turned off the volume. He heard heavy set of footsteps and when he turned around, the papers in his hands dropped off on the floor and he felt like everything around him disappeared for a moment.

 

Who did Jinyoung meet? I guess all you you already know who...hehehehe