Going Away

Something More

Mark:

My dad still giving me hard time after he discovered that I was dating Jinyoung.

            “Just stop whatever you had going on with that boy!” he yelled at me.

            “Why should I? Mom was okay with it…” she does. I told her about Jinyoung and she’s okay…as long as I’m happy she said.

            “Well I’m not! It’s disgusting!”

            “You know what’s disgusting? Watching you and that gold digging …I’m actually happy that mom leaves you…”

            “Don’t give that tone with me boy!”

            “Look dad…just leave me alone ok?”

            “I can’t do that! I can’t have a son that has a relationship with another guy!”

            “You hardly ever home and now suddenly you’re acting like you actually care about me? Please…don’t make me laugh…”

A slap landed on my face.

            “You will do as I say or I will swear to god I will make you suffer…”he scowled.

            “Go ahead…I’m out of here…”

 

Jinyoung:

I was watching the TV when I heard the front door opened.

            “Hey babe…” it was Mark hyung.

            “Hey…I thought our date is tonight…”

            “I need to get out of the house…my dad is there…”

He sat next to me on the couch and I could see his cheek reddened.

            “What happened?” I asked, touching the skin lightly.

            “My dad…”

            “He slapped you?”

            “Yup…the first time in my life…” he sunk backward on the plush sofa with a long sigh.

            “Baby…” I rubbed his arm.

            “It’s okay…it’s only a matter of time I’m leaving that house…off to college and he’ll be out of my life…” he smiled weakly. “But I always have you…”

            “Yeah…so, are you hungry? Omma made some pudding…”

            “No thanks…I just wanna lay down for a while…” he lay down on the couch with his head on my lap.

            “Are you sure you’re okay babe?” I was worried about him. He’s the type that didn’t show his problem to others.

            “Yeah…I’m okay…” he said closing his eyes.

Saturday…

Jinyoung:

            “Yaa! That’s cheating!” I said and nudged Mark hyung over the shoulder.

            “No I’m not! You just said that because you’re about to lose…” he smirked.

            “Omma!”

            “Yaa! Stop being such a whiny baby…”

I put the game console on the coffee table and ran my hands on his hip.

            “Not gonna work babe…well…not now at least…” he smiled. “Yes!!! I won!” he fist pumped in the air and grinning ear to ear.

I sighed. Looks like I have to pay for the pizza.

            “I have such a cheapskate boyfriend…” I pouted.

            “A bet is still a bet babe…”

            “Yea, yea…whatever…”

My mom came from the kitchen.

            “So, who won?” she said putting a platter of fruits on the coffee table.

            “Me…and Jinyoung is such a sore loser…”

            “Yup…that my boy…”

            “Omma!”

            “What? It’s true…”

Then Mark hyung’s cell phone rings.

            “I gotta take this…” he got up and walked away a little far away from us.

A few minutes later he came back with a sad expression on his face.

            “Baby what’s wrong? Are you okay?” I asked as he sat next to me still looking kinda dazed.

            “It’s my mom…”

            “Your mom? Why? Anything happened to her?”

            “She’s in an accident…a truck came out of nowhere and hit her car from the side…”

            “Babe…I’m so sorry…” I pulled him into a hug. “Is she okay now?”

            “I dunno…my grandfather told me that she’s in the ICU…” he looked at me. “What am I gonna do Jinyoung ah? If something bad happened…”

            “Don’t think negatively…I’m sure your mom gonna pull through this…she’s a strong woman…”

            “Yeah…I know your mom…she’s gonna be okay Mark…” my mom rubbed his back.

 

Mark:

When grandpa said that a truck hit my mom’s car, my mind went blank for a while. Thank god Jinyoung was there with me…otherwise I would never know what I’m gonna do.

            “Babe…what if something bad happened to my mom?” I said as we lay in his bed.

            “Don’t think that way…she’s gonna be fine…” he caressed my arm.

            “How would you know? I don’t think I could lose her now that I’ve lost my dad to another woman…”

            “You still have me and omma…we’ll be here with you…”

I rolled to my side and draped my arms around him and nuzzled my face at the crook of his neck.

            “You’re not gonna leave me right?”

            “Of course not…I’d be a crazy guy to do that…” he rubbed my back lightly. Every single touch made me feel this thing gonna be okay.

 

Couple of days later…

Jinyoung:

Mark hyung looked somewhat distressed after the new of his mother’s accident. I felt bad for him and there’s nothing I could do other than being by his side.

            “Babe…we need to talk…” he said as we went out for dinner one night. He seemed restless…something is not right…

            “Sure…”

            “Um…I don’t know exactly where to start…”he’s fidgeting, playing with the cutleries in front of us.

            “Babe…just go straight to the point…you know I don’t like beating around the bush…”

            “Fine…” he took a deep breath. “I’m moving to LA…”

            “You what? Why?”

            “It’s my mom…she needs me there…”

Am I hearing this right?

 

Mark:

When my grandfather called last night, I never thought that I’d be making this decision. I hate to leave Jinyoung but this is my mom…I’m torn between the two.

            “Is this a prank you’re pulling on me now?” he stared at me.

            “No…I’m serious babe…I’m moving to LA this coming weekend…”

            “Do you have to?”

            “I need to…this is the only thing that I can do…I don’t want to leave you but…”

            “Then go…” he said softly.

            “Baby…”

            “It’s not like you’re gonna stay there forever right? We still can call each other…there’s Skype…Twitter and stuff…”

            “I promise that I will call you every night…” I said holding his hands. I felt relief…Jinyoung is such an understanding guy.

            “So, when is your flight?”

            “This Sunday…10 a.m.…”

Jinyoung: 

The day I dreaded the most came in a blink of an eye.

            “You have everything in there Mark?” my mom asked.

            “Nae omma…” he nodded.

            “Good…I’m gonna go get something to drink…you guys want anything?”

            “No thanks…I’m good…” I said and Mark hyung nodded too.

            “Okay…I’ll be back…”

When my mom left…

            “This is it then huh?” I said looking at him. He took my hands and laced our fingers together.

            “Yeah…it felt so short…it seems like we’re just starting dating yesterday…”

The week flew faster than I thought…we spend every waking minute together…he practically lived at my house these few days.

            “I gonna miss you…” he said kissing my knuckles. His gestures drew some unwanted stares from people around but honestly, I don’t care.

            “Me too…”

Half an hour later…

            “Attention…all passengers on flight KH673 to LAX…please be at the boarding gate now…the plane will take off shortly… attention…all passengers on flight KH673 to LAX…please be at the boarding gate now…the plane will take off shortly…thank you…” it was the voice that I hated the most right now.

            “That’s my call…” Mark hyung put on his jacket.

This is it...

            “Have a save flight ok? Call me when you got there okay? My mom said as she hugged him.

            “Nae…”

He looked at me and pulled me into a tight hug.

            “I love you so ing much Park Jinyoung…” he whispered.

            “Me too…”

As he disappeared into the departure hall, my heart felt heavy for some reason. Maybe I shouldn’t have let him go…

And that is the last time I saw him…

*********************************************

Jinyoung:

            “Hey man! What’s up?” Jackson came and as usual, hooking his arm around my shoulder.

            “Nothing much…”

            “How’s Mark in LA?” he asked.

            “Ok I guess…”

Actually, I don’t know how he’s doing over there. It’s been two months since he left and he did what he promised…he called almost every night. He managed to adjust himself rather quickly…his mom is getting better and now going through the rehab process to heal from the accident.

            “Jinyoung ah…” I turned and saw JB hyung at the door. I was alone at the rooftop skipping class. Looks like I’m not the only one.

            “Hey hyung…”

He come over and stood next to me looking over the school.     

            “You don’t look to good…how’s Mark?”

            “You’re the second person to ask me that…” I looked at him. JB hyung has always been the quiet one among my friends in school. He only talk when needed and have this mysterious aura around him.

            “Well…I had to ask…he’s the only one that could make our school happy virus looking like he had some sort of sad bacteria infecting his whole system…”

            “I’m a happy virus? I didn’t know that…”

            “You are…at least to my eyes…so, you wanna tell me what’s going on?” he put his arm on my back and rubbing it gently.

            “I don’t know where to start…”

 

Mark is going away....will they still be together?

Stay tuned for the next update...

Spoilers...NEW MAN~~~