Crossing Path

Something More

JB:

            “What? New York?” my eyes widened.

            “Yup…my friend there needed someone and I think this is the best time for you…you know, expand your horizon a little…” Minjun hyung said, staring at me from his seat.

            “Are you sure hyung? I’m not that qualified yet…I mean…” before I could say anything, Minjun hyung cut my words.

            “Look Jaebum ah…I know you can do it…I don’t tell you if I don’t believe in you…so, what do you say? It’s only for a month…”

            “I need to talk to Jinyoung…”

            “Then go ahead…but I gotta tell you, this kind of chance doesn’t come twice, so you have to grab the opportunity when it’s here…”

That night…

            “Babe…is something wrong?” Jinyoung said as we’re finished having dinner and I was helping him drying up the dishes.

            “Um…there’s something in my mind…”

            “You wanna tell me about it?” he glanced.

            “Well…you know how Minjun got these connections in the States…and one of his close producers in New York is working on an album…so he needed another producer to help him with it…”

            “By another producer...he meant you?”

 

 

 

Jinyoung:

            “By another producer...he meant you?” there’s a change in his face expression and I knew I was right. I dried my hands and turned off the water tap.

            “Yeah…” he nodded.

            “That’s a great news right?”

            “But here’s the thing…I have to be there at least for a month…”

            “Then go…do your work and come back home…”

            “You’re letting me go?”

            “Yup…” I turned to him and put my arms around his neck. “It’s your work…and this might be the golden chance that you’ve been waiting for…”

            “But I hate to leave you…” his arm circled my waist.

            “Why? Are you afraid I’m gonna find someone else?”

            “Well…a little…”

            “Yaa, am I that easy looking? I don’t jump around from guy to guy…” I frowned.

            “I know…but I’m just worried okay…you have a lot of admirers out there and…”

I kissed his lips before he could say anything.

            “Hey, I’m with you and only you…”

Our lips meet again.

            “I’m gonna miss you…” JB said putting our foreheads together.

            “Me too…”

***********************************

Mark:

            “You got everything in there honey?” my mom said as she checked my luggage for the tenth time since we arrive at the airport.

            “Yes omma…everything is here…” I smiled. My step dad Jim just looked at mom and shook his head.

            “Stop being so paranoid dear…” Jim said rubbing my mom’s shoulder.

            “I can’t help it…my baby is going away…” here come the tears…again.

            “Omma…” I hugged her. “I’m gonna be fine…don’t worry…I’ll call you…and you can bring Jim back to visit me sometimes…”

            “I’m being an old ajumma again…” she stifled her cries. “Take care of yourself and don’t forget to take your meal…”

            “Yes sir!”

After agonising 15 hours flight, Mark landed back in Korea. He walked out from the departure hall gate and looked around. He saw a familiar face among the crowd.

            “Mark hyung!” Yoogyeom called out his name waving his hands.

            “Yoogyeom ah!” Mark pulled his luggage and speed walking towards the taller guy. He pulled Mark into a bone crushing, oxygen blocking bear hug. “Yoogyeom ah…I…I…can’t…breathe…” Mark said between breaths.

            “Sorry, sorry…I missed you hyung! I can’t believe you’re here!”

            “Me neither…”

            “Let get you out of here…”

At the other side of the airport…

            “I’ll call you as soon as I got there…” JB said holding Jinyoung’s hands as if he didn’t want to let him go.

            “Okay…I think I have to start raising a pet if you gonna be abroad often soon…” Jinyoung smiled.

            “Hey, I can get you a cat if you want…”

            “Really?” Jinyoung eyes sparkled.

            “Yeah…”

They heard the announcement and JB went to the departure hall. The couple shared one last kiss and the JB disappeared behind the glass door. Jinyoung pulled up his hoodies and walked away.

            “So hyung…I hope you gonna stay for a long time here…” Yoogyeom said as they walked.

            “I intend to…and thanks for offering me that job though…”

            “Don’t mention it…I really need someone as good as you…”

As they walked along the duty free shops Mark saw someone hit another guy’s shoulder and the stuff he was carrying fell on the ground. The guy who hit him just walked away leaving the poor guy picking up his things off the ground alone.

            “Here…you dropped this…” Mark picked up a magazine and hand it to the guy.

 

Jinyoung:

I was browsing some magazine at the display rack when a guy walked past and accidentally hit me on the shoulder. The magazines in my arm just scattered on the floor and the guy didn’t bother to help me let alone apologise.

            “Stupid …” I muttered. There are still inconsiderate people here in the world.

I was crouching looking for my other stuffs when I saw a hand picked up my last magazine off the floor and hand it over to me.

            “Here…you dropped this…” it’s a guy and he just walked away.

Somehow the voice felt a little too familiar to me. I got up and turned around but he was already a few feet away from me.

*Too bad…I should’ve say thanks at least…*I went into the shop and paid for the magazines.

****************************

Mark:

It’s good to be back here...Yoogyeom managed to find a decent apartment for me to live and I was looking forward for my life to begin here. I looked at the view from my apartment and it was breath-taking.

            “So hyung…since you need some time to get familiar again with the city, Wooyoung hyung said that you can come in next week…I’ll be living a few floor up from you so if you need anything just holler ok?” Yoogyeom said as he helped me arranging my things.

            “Thanks Yoogyeom ah…”

I knew Yoogyeom when he came to LA on an exchange program conducted by college. We bonded instantly as we’re big fan of dancing and martial art tricking…that kid had a sick move I gotta tell you.

            “No biggie hyung…you would’ve done the same thing too right?”

I nodded.

            “I will be starting my new job at a studio that one of Wooyoung hyung’s friend and you are the only one that I can think of…” he plopped on the bed.

            “Is that mean, we’re not working together?”

            “Yeah…but don’t worry, I’m sure you gonna fit in just fine…”

I sure hope so.

            “Yoogyeom ah, do you know anyone that can find people?” I need to find Jinyoung’s whereabouts…he’s one of the reasons that I moved back to Seoul. I need to mend my relationship with him.

            “Like a private detective?”

            “Kinda…I need to find someone…someone that I used to know…”

            “I think I know a guy…I’ll get back to you about that later ok?” he looked at the watch and got up getting ready to leave.

            “Where are you going? I thought I’d asked you out for dinner with me…”

            “I can’t…I promised BamBam that I’d be home early…we’re meeting his sister…”

            “Okay then…”

            “So I’ll see you tomorrow…”

Yoogyeom hugged me and he left.

Time for a brand new start.

 

Another update...

Ideas been pouring like tap water so I have to update....