New Life…New Love?

Something More

6 years later…

In a dance studio downtown Gangnam…

            “One, two, three and four…two, two three four…slide…keep your hands straight Wonpil!” Jinyoung walked back and forth watching his students practising in front of the big mirror. “Jaehyung! Don’t you think I don’t see that!”

            “Sorry saem!” Jaehyung quickly fix his moves.

            “And back…one two…bow…”

He looked and saw sweat glistening on the faces of his hard working students.

            “Okay…that’s it for today…class dismissed…”

Claps echoed throughout the small dance studio.

Jinyoung:

            “See you tomorrow…” I said as the last student left the studio. I looked at the watch and it’s almost 8pm.

Life as a head dance instructor is not easy but this is what I’ve chose to do. I graduated from college with dance major and when Channie hyung asked me to be the new instructor at his new studio; I jumped into it without second thought. I love to dance and I was paid to do it…what’s not to like about that right?

I took my wallet from my locker and suddenly it fell off my hands. When I picked it up, a picture of Mark hyung dropped on the floor. I took it and stared at it.

*What is he doing right now?*

Everything with Mark hyung ended when he moved to LA to be with his mom. The calls getting less and suddenly it just stopped. I tried emailing him but never once it got any reply. Somehow along the way, I came to accept that my relationship with him is ending. Looks like my fairy tale story doesn’t end with a happily ever after. I dated throughout the years…on and off…but nothing last more than a few months, the longest probably around 6 months…I end it because I found out that he’s a soon to be marry guy and his fiancé is 4 months pregnant with his child.

            “Jinyoung ah…” someone called my name. I was just outside the studio, getting ready to head home.

I looked up and saw JB hyung came running towards me.

            “Hyung…”

            “Let’s go…I’ve already had reservation for us tonight…” he said taking my bag off my back.

            “Reservation? What’s the occasion?”

            “You’ll see…” he smiled.

I never thought that I’d be this close with JB hyung. He’s been the one that I turned to ever since Mark hyung left. He’s been a good friend, a great listener to all my problems and most of all, a great companion.

 

JB:

            “So, how was your day?” I asked as we’re on our way to the restaurant.

            “Good…tiring as usual…you?”

            “Same old, same old…they’re using one of my songs as the main theme song in drama…”

            “Really? Congratulation…”

            “Thanks…”

I glanced at Jinyoung and my heart stirred. I never knew when it start, but I’m beginning to realise that I’m falling for him…hard. We’ve become close during the final semester of our senior year in high school. He’s been dating Mark at that time, but when Mark moved away to LA, I saw that Jinyoung become less happy and as a good friend I tried my best to cheer him up…being the good listener…fast forward, here I am…in love with the guy that’s been haunting my restless sleeps years later…

We arrived at the restaurant half an hour later and Jinyoung keep looking at me…anxious.

            “Hyung…why are we here?” he looked around. “This is an expensive place to have dinner…roadside stall is perfectly fine to me…”

            “Just enjoy the night Jinyoung ah…it’s my treat…”

            “But hyung…”

            “Shhh…say another word and I’m gonna be mad at you…” I glared at him.

            “Nae…”

 

Jinyoung:

I was surprised when JB hyung brought me to this expensive restaurant…I’ve seen this place on TV and it’s hard to get a table here without reservation at least two weeks earlier.

            “Hyung…”

            “What?” he said taking a sip of his red wine.

            “Thanks for bringing me here…I promise I’ll take you somewhere nice after this…”

            “There’s more to come Jinyoung ah…” he clapped his hands and a few seconds later, a waiter came out from the back with a cake in his hand.

            “Hyung…”

The waiter put the cake at the centre of our table and birthday song echoed throughout the restaurant, drawing looks and stares from other patrons.

            “Happy birthday Park Jinyoung…” JB hyung said, smiling at me.

            “Hyung…how did…”

            “We’ve been celebrating your birthday together for the last 4 years…do you expect me to forget such important date?”

            “But…we could celebrate it elsewhere…”

            “It’s your 25th birthday…we should have it somewhere more appropriate…don’t you think? Hurry, blow the candle…”

Later that night…at the restaurant’s private rooftop garden…

            “Thanks for the dinner…it was awesome…” Jinyoung said as he stepped to the garden and head out to the edge of the building looking over the night sky.

            “Does that mean you like it?”

            “Like it? I love it! The best birthday ever…although, my mom will be slightly upset for leaving her out…”

JB just smiled and took a small box he secretly placed under one of the benches earlier.

            “My gift…”

            “Hyung…it’s too much…the dinner…and now this…”

            “Just take it…”

            “Thanks…”

            “Jinyoung ah…there’s something I want to tell you…”

            “What?” Jinyoung casually answered while shaking the box trying to guess what’s in it.

            “Let’s go sit first…”

JB pulled Jinyoung’s hands towards the small wooden swing under the gazebo. They sat side by side and Jinyoung noticed that JB is looking slightly nervous.

            “Hyung…are you okay?”

            “I’m…I’m good…”

            “What is it that you want to tell me?”

JB took Jinyoung’s hand and held it tight with his own.

            “Jinyoung ah…shall we date?”

Jinyoung’s heart almost stopped beating for a second at JB’s sudden words.

            “Hyung…I know it’s my birthday but don’t you think it’s a little too cruel for such jokes?”

            “I’m not joking Jinyoung ah…I really mean it…”

            “Hyung…”

            “I really liked you Jinyoung ah…I don’t know when it start, how it start…I just did…you’re like the best friend I could’ve ask for…being with you probably makes my day…”

            “But…but…I...”

            “You don’t have to answer me now…I’ll give you time to think about this…if you decide to accept me, I’d be the happiest man alive…but if you say otherwise, just know that I’ve always appreciate your friendship…”

Jinyoung:

I don’t know that JB hyung see me that way…I mean, we’ve always been together but I thought it was just a good hyung-dongsaeng relationship. I like JB hyung…he’s funny, attentive and caring…and other good traits that I don’t have to explain.

Why me? What does he saw in me? I pulled a box under my bed and took out a photo album…there’s heaps of picture of me and JB hyung together…when I graduated…he got his first royalty as a songwriter and producer…and there’s a picture of us in his private recording studio…

I should be happy right? Someone as hot as JB hyung just confessed that he liked me…but somehow…I felt something lacking…

            “I can’t tell you what to do man…” Jackson said when I called him that night after JB hyung’s confession.

            “But…you’re my best friend Jackson ah…”

            “Look…do you love him?” he asked. I could see him trying to kill me over the phone…

            “I guess so…”

            “You know what…I think you’re not completely over Mark hyung…”

Jackson’s words struck me like lightning.

            “After all these years…do you know why your previous relationships didn’t work out? It’s because you still hoping for Mark hyung to came back and sweep you off your feet again…just like he did years ago…”

            “I’m over him…”

            “Really? I doubt that…look Jinyoung ah…do me a favour and forget Mark hyung…he’s not coming back…JB hyung is the one who’s by your side all these time and that has to count for something…move on…maybe by accepting JB hyung, you’ll find the closure that you need…”

Maybe what Jackson said is true…

The next day, I went to JB hyung’s studio. I walked in and saw him directing and he never looked so dashing…so serious and that is one of his traits that I really like.

            “Again, Yerin ah…” he said.

            “Again? Aww…oppa…” the girl inside the recording booth whined.

            “Don’t give me that look…it won’t work with me…”

            “But it’s already my tenth time…”

            “I won’t stop until you got it right…”

            “Fine…” she rolled her eyes. She took a swig of her water and starts singing again.

            “Ok cut! That’s it Yerin ah…good job…”

            “It’s about time oppa…” she frowned.

JB hyung turned around and saw me.

            “Hey…what are you doing here?” he said smiling.

            “I came to see you…let’s go for lunch…my treat…”

            “Okay…”

 

JB:

            “The food is good Jinyoung ah…thanks…” I said rubbing my full belly.

            “No big deal…” he said with his usual megawatt smile.

A guy came to our table…

            “Park Jinyoung…” he said.

            “Wooyoung hyung…what are you doing here?” Jinyoung got up and hugged the guy.

            “Visiting a relative…” he looked at me and then Jinyoung. “Who’s this?”

            “Um…this is JB…my boyfriend…”

I almost choked on my own saliva hearing Jinyoung’s words.

            “Boyfriend? Hmm…nice catch…” he patted Jinyoung’s arm. “Look, I gotta go…see you around Jinyoung ah…you too JB ssi…”

He extended his arm for a shake and I gladly took. I looked at Jinyoung and I saw him blushed.

            “Boyfriend?” I stared at him.

            “What? You don’t like it?”

            “Like it? I love it!” 

 

So JB is the new guy...

I know this is a MARKJIN fic but just stay with me ok? there's always twist and turn in a story right?

Stay tuned for the update...

Next chapter spoilers...RATED SCENES~~~