The Trip Part 2

Something More

Mark:

I ended telling Amber about Jinyoung and how I really felt about him. To say that she was shock is under rated.

            “Amber ah…say something…” I said with my eyes following her as she pacing back and forth in front of me.

            “What do you want me to say? I just found out that one of my closest friends that I haven’t heard about for ages is not straight and he liked the guy that I was about to ask out on a date…just give me a sec to process all of this…” she sat next to me.

            “Sorry…”

            “Why would you be sorry? You didn’t do anything wrong…” she glared at me. “Did your parents know about this? I mean…you being gay and all…”

            “No…I haven’t told them yet…you’re the first person to know…”

            “Aren’t you glad that we meet again here?” she smiled.

            “Yeah…I felt relieve that I finally told someone…”

            “Are you planning to tell Jinyoung how you really feel?” she asked.

            “Soon…maybe…I’m not really sure…”

            “Hey, that guy is a chick magnet on feet…you gotta make your move before someone else snatch him away…”

            “Like you almost did just now?” I chuckled.

            “Hey, it’s not funny! I never went for someone that my friend likes…”

            “I know…I was just teasing you…”

            “!” she smacked the back of my head. “Let’s go back there…they probably making assumption about us now…”

Amber pulled me up on my feet and laced our fingers together.

            “It’s good to see you again Yi-En…just make sure that we don’t lost contact after this…”

We walked back to the group holding hands. As soon as we arrived, cat calls and wolf whistles echoed.

            “Yaa! You’ve just met and already holding hand? Don’t tell me that you two gonna kiss before we go back…” Jin said looking at us.

            “Shut up!” I glared at him.

 

Jinyoung:

I saw Mark hyung was so into talking with Amber noona. He was whispering something and then Amber noona burst into laughter. Do you know how it feels like seeing the man of your dream doing things that you think he should be doing it to you? I was regretting coming to this trip. If I know that this would happen, I would’ve agreed going back to my grandparents’ house in the mountains and spend my weekend there.

“Jinyoung ah…” Jackson called me.

            “I’m not feeling too good…I’m going back to the tent…”

            “You want me to go with you?”

            “It’s okay…”

Another day and this trip gonna end. I just hope I could withstand the torture prepared for me.

 

Mark:

            “I beat him once at basketball and he was bitter with me for the whole week…” Amber said followed by laughter from the guys.

            “We’re just 13 and I was sick that day!” I tried to defend myself but it was useless. The guys started teasing me.

            “Yeah right! Whatever cry baby!” Amber laughed.

            “I’m not a cry baby!”

I looked around and Jinyoung wasn’t here.

            “Yaa, where’s Jinyoung?” I asked Jin.

            “I dunno…hey Jackson! Where’s Jinyoung?” Jin yelled at Jackson who’s sitting not far away from us.

            “He went back to the tent…he said that he’s not feeling good…” Jackson answered.

Jinyoung is sick? He said that his stomach is troubling him.

            “Just go check on him…” Amber whispered at my ears.

            “I’ll be right back soon ok?”

            “It’s okay…give me your phone…”

            “For what?”

            “Just give it to me…”

I took my phone and gave it to her. She keyed in a number and gave it back to me.

            “That’s my number…maybe we could hangout sometimes…” she said patting my arm.

            “But I’m gonna see you tomorrow again…”

            “It’s our last night here…we’re going back tomorrow morning…”

            “Okay…good to see you again Amber…”       

            “Me too…now go…”

I went back as fast as I could to the campsite and when I arrived, I saw Jinyoung is sitting on a blanket looking over the dark sea.

            “Jinyoung ah…” I called his name.

            “Hyung…”

Jinyoung:

My stomach is rumbling from eating too much but the pain in my heart is far greater. I can’t get the picture of Mark hyung and that noona out of my head. The dark sea in front of me is the exact reflection what I’m feeling inside.

            “Jinyoung ah…”

I turned and saw Mark hyung walking towards me.

            “Hyung…” why would he be here?

            “What are you doing?”

            “Nothing…”

            “Here…” he handed a couple of white pills and a bottle of water to me. “It’s for your upset stomach…”

            “Thanks…”

I quickly swallow the pill and wash it down with the water.

            “Better?” he said sitting next to me.

            “Yeah…where’s Amber noona?”

            “Amber? I dunno…she’s probably having fun with her friends…what are you doing here all alone anyway?”

            “I’m not in the mood for crowd…”

            “But I saw couple of girls flocking around you just now…”

            “They’re fun but I just need to be alone…”

I dunno what I’m gonna do if Mark hyung end up dating that noona.

Mark:

We sat on the beach for quite a while in silence. Jinyoung didn’t talk to me and I was afraid if I say something wrong to him.

            “Jinyoung ah…is something wrong?” I asked. He just sat there scribbling doodles on the sand. “Yaa…you’re freaking me out…”

            “Hyung…” he finally said.

            “What? Are you sick?”

            “That noona…do you really like her?” Jinyoung turned to look at me.

            “Who? Amber?”

He nodded.

            “She’s just a good friend…we’ve lost contact over the years…and it’s a huge surprise that I met her here…”

            “I just saw you walking holding hands together…that must’ve meant something…”

I sighed.

            “Look, Amber is nothing more than a good friend…and she felt that way too…girls by far are the least thing in my mind right now…” I scooted closer to Jinyoung.

He looked at me and I saw a faint smile on his face. I bet he was worried that I might end up dating Amber. Too bad baby boy…the only person that I want is you.

 

Jinyoung:

“Look, Amber is nothing more than a good friend…and she felt that way too…girls by far are the least thing in my mind right now…” Mark hyung scooted closer next to me.

I felt huge relief inside of me. I dunno why but the fact that Mark hyung said that he wasn’t gonna date Amber noona makes me happy.

            “Is your stomach okay now?” he asked.

            “Yeah…better…” I nodded.

            “It’s a beautiful night isn’t it?” Mark hyung said looking at the sky. “There are no stars though…”

 

The next day…

Jinyoung:

I woke up and the cool sea breeze greeted me. I opened the tent and the sun is coming out through the thick strings of clouds. It’s already 10 am and when I looked aside Jackson is still snoring lightly. My stomach got better over the night and I was ready for our second day of the camping trip. I got out of the tent and saw Mark hyung got out from his too.

            “Hyung…”

            “Jinyoung ah…” he took out his bag with him.

            “Hyung, you’re going somewhere? What’s with the bag?”

            “I’m going back home Jinyoung ah…Misuk ajumma called and said that something huge is going on at my house…”

            “Is it your parents?” I was getting worried.

            “I dunno…I have to go back to find out…”

            “Hyung, wait…I’ll come with you…”

            “It’s okay Jinyoung ah…you come here to have fun…I don’t want to spoil your good time.”

            “Do you really think I could have fun when I know that you’re going through something? Let me pack my bag…”

I got back inside my tent and start shoving my stuff inside my duffel bag.

            “Yaa…where are you going?” Jackson woke up. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned. 

            “I’m going home…with Mark hyung…”

            “Is something wrong?” he asked.

            “I dunno…tell the others okay?” I got my bag and head out from the tent to waiting Mark hyung.

 

Mark:

When Misuk ajumma called me in the dawn telling me to come home, my heart beating like crazy. “Something huge is about to happen at home...” that’s the only thing she would tell me.

            “Hyung, everything gonna be alright…” Jinyoung said tapping my lap.

            “I hope so too Jinyoung ah…”

I was about to go home without everyone else knowing but Jinyoung happened to be out of his tent when I was about to leave. He asked and insisted that he followed me.