Carnival Set-Up

Is This A Drama?

I had just finished my costume and placed it on the top bunk when Ae Cha burst in. "What are you doing in here? You should be out helping set up." "I am part of the where needed not the set up." "And you're needed in the set up." "Well, it's not fair. I'll end up doing more work than anyone else." "Get your out here and help. Now." I sighed but followed her out. "Go help with the banner in front and the entrance," she said and I walked over. "Someone hand me a hammer," a guy said with his head up in the banner. I reached down, grabbed one, and handed it to him. He started to pound in a nail. "Drill," he said and I grabbed it and laid it in his hand. He used it and handed it back down. Then he started with the hammer again, "Damn it!" he shouted. I assumed he hit his hand. I found the first aid and brought it over. He was on his thumb. "Here," I said opening the box. "And you are?" he asked. "The girl who brought you the first aid." I handed him the anitseptic and a bandage. Blood was trailing down his hand. "Careful, or you'll get it on your clothes." I quickly cleaned up his hand. He looked from the cotton swab to the bottle. "You're such a child," I said taking the swab and starting to clean the wound. "So why are you working on this alone?" "The others went on a break two hours ago. If I get caught not working again I'll get in a lot of trouble."

I finished with his thumb and went to put the first aid back. "Hey, where you going?" he asked. "I'll be right back. Promise." He didn't move until I returned. "Here, let me up the ladder," I said. He got off and I climbed up and looked at what he was doing. "Hammer," I reached out and he placed it in my hand. Before long the banner was done. "So, what's your name?" he asked. "Min He" I reachedo ut my hand. "Jonghyun, nice to meet you." "So, what else do we have to do?" "We have to set up the ticket booth." "And do you know how to do that?" "No." "Oh, this'll be fun."

When we figured out we didn't have any idea how to do it we started to joke around. It wasn't long before someone ended our fun. "Ya!" Ae Cha shouted. We froze. "What do you two think you're doing?" We were silent. "Why aren't you working?" "We don't know how to continue," Jonghyun explained. "Don't know how? You two are pathetic. I'll be right back." She walked away and we started cracking up. "She doesn't know either," I smiled. "She probably hasn't touched a hammer in her life," Jonghyun laughed. "Here!" We immediately stopped laughing. Ae Cha had brought a couple others over.  "Now get it done and stop acting like children." The two students grabbed the instructions, "So we're going to..." I felt like I was in the bottom of the class compared to these two. They rambled off words I had never even heard before. Jonghyun made faces and I couldn't help but laugh. The two me so fast and so angry it wouldn't have been a surprise if I had wet myself out of fear. Thank God I didn't.

"What is so funny, Min He?" How did they know my name? "Do you find work funny? You won't make it very far in the real world." "This is a carnival. It's supposed to be fun." "No, this is an event one that needs to be perfect for the profits to..." "I pity you," Jonghyun stepped in. "You two can't even find fun in something made for fun. You'll be miserable your whole lives." "And you think you'll get far with your lifestyle Kim Jonghyun? Slacking around all day, playing games, skipping class, and going on dates?" "At least I'll enjoy my life." "We'll see in five or ten years who is better off," the guy glared. Jonghyun shrugged.

We got the work done the boring way. What was happening to me? Normally the boring way was my way. How could I have changed so much so soon? That HongKi. I sighed. "It was boring, right?" Jonghyun groaned sitting in the grass. I went and sat beside him and then laid down. "Who would think that such boredom existed? They had to measure everything every 30 seconds. I was about to die," I closed my eyes. "Min He! What are you doing?!" "Resting," I said. "Get your up and help!" Ae Cha shouted. I just shook my head. "Now!" "You've got plenty of people. Ask one of them." I opened my eyes. Jonghyun was chuckling. "Ask Jonghyun to help." His laughing stopped and he quickly defended himself, "I've been working hard and I think I sprained my wrist." He quickly gave me a look. "Ae Cha!" someone called. She hurried off. "I suppose I should hide before she comes back," I groaned. "I'm hungry. Want to go eat?" Jonghyun asked. "Mmm, food. Sounds good."