You Have No Choice

Is This A Drama?

Ae Cha ended up volunteering me to help for the carnivale and I tried to run away but couldn't. I got up from class. "Hey, circus girl!" I turned to the blonde guy again. "I have a name." "But I don't know it." "It's..." I started but he interrupted. "If you could meet us today it'd be good. We're assigning positions." "Huh?" "What jobs we're going to do?" I was still clueless as to what he was talking about he spoke slowly, "We are going to assign job positions to the volunteers for the carnivale next week. We have a lot to do because we're so late this year." "What does that have to do with me?" "You volunteered." He held up the list. There was my name. "Wait, so you do know my name." "No, but your friend said you were on here." "That would be because she put it on there." "Well, it's on there. Positions are assigned at the regular time. If you're not there you'll get the left over job." He started down the steps. "I'm going to kill her," I mumbled and grabbed my things.
She was obviously avoiding me because we normally ran into each other three or four times before I went to work and I didn't see her once. She was even late to the class we shared and quick to leave. I went to work and after work went back to my dorm room. I opened the door. "How could you not show up?! You...you...gah!" "Sorry, Ae Cha, but I have a job. I didn't sign up for it so was not responsible for being there." She slammed a paper against my chest. I took it and looked at it. "I signed you up because we're short this year and the least my friend could do is help out. But the stunt you pulled today made me look bad. This isn't just some club. This is the student government. I can't look bad." I rolled my eyes. "Don't do that! This carnivale is important to not just me but everyone! So you'll do your part and dress up and have fun because if you don't I will never speak to you again!" she shouted and walked out of the room slamming the door. "She's been in here ranting for hours and whenever I tried to leave she wouldn't let me." "She's an odd one." But she did have a lot of heart especcially for the government club body thing she was in. I looked down at the paper. Not so surprisingly I had to do the odd jobs like fetch things and save sinking stalls. I'd need a costume too. Crud.

Posters, banners, and ads were placed across the grounds advertising the upcoming event. I guess the circus theme did well because everyone seemed to get excited. The teachers even mentioned it in class. Though there was late notice it was certain to be popular. Ae Cha burst into my bedroom again. This time she was in a different mood. "Have you heard? Everyone is so excited about this carnivale. It's all thanks to you." "Yeah, okay," I said sarcastically. "I'm trying to study." "I've already got an outfit," she gleamed. "It's a trapeze artist." "I have one too," Kang Sun said. I turned my head. "My club is doing fortune telling and so I'm dressed as a mystic." "You've only known about it for a couple days." She shrugged. "It's unique. It'll be fun." "Do you know how many clubs are joining?!" Ae Cha danced. "Over a seventy! That's how popular it's going to be! HongKi wanted me to thank you." "Who?" I asked. "Our vice president!" Kang Sun exclaimed. "Oh, he's adorable!" I rolled my eyes. "The blonde guy," Ae Cha explained. "Oh, him." "He wanted me to thank you for your help." "Yeah, whatever. I didn't do anything." "Do you have work tomorrow?" "No, why?" "Great! We want you to come to our meeting." "Ae Cha," I groaned. "You have no choice. Be there," and she was gone. "Why am I never given a choice?" I asked. "Because you're easily manipulated." "Then why haven't you manipulated me into getting a boyfriend?" "Because I haven't found you a man yet." "What happened to my life?" I groaned and turned back to my homework in my lap and the drama on the television.