Who's the Real Him?

Is This A Drama?

I walked in and sat down for class. HongKi walked and sat down beside me. "You seem in a good mood," I smiled and nodded. "Things better with your friend?" "You mean Kang Sun? No, but I'm kind of ignoring the situation." "Why?" "Because it doesn't really matter." HongKi looked confused, "Weren't you two dating though?" "No, never." "But at the carnival." "He's spontaneous and outgoing. I couldn't stop him even when I tried." "Well, why are you happy now?" he asked changing the subject. A girl passed me and I stopped her. "What?" she asked. I stood up and pointed to her notebook. "Who's this?" A large smile crossed her face. "That's Taemin. He's a solo artist." "Like singing and dancing?" I asked. She nodded, "I can't believe you don't know who he is. He's all the  rage." "All the rage?" I repeated. She nodded. I stared down at the pictures. "Thanks," I sat back down. She continued up the stairs and sat down a couple rows behind me. It couldn't be the same. Taemin was cute and sweet yet those pictures were of someone else, a dark bad boy. Was that really who he had become?

"Min He?" I turned to HongKi. "What's wrong?" "Nothing. Do you know Taemin?" HongKi nodded, "Yeah, he's really good. Why?" "Guess I'm pretty oblivious to the world." He really had become successful. But I just couldn't get over it. That was my oppa, bullied, shy, and innocent, yet he wasn't anymore.

Someon nudged me. "Huh?" "You were out of it all of class. You want my notes?" HongKi handed me a piece of paper. I looked around. Class was over? "Damn it." "What were you thinking about? You haven't fallen in love with that Taemin, have you?" I laughed. Me flaling in love with oppa? "No, that wouldn't happen. Thanks for the notes." "What are you doing for lunch?" he asked. "I've got a lunch date." I grabbed my bag and hurried out. I didn't want to be late.

I wasn't but he was. I sat there fifteen minutes waiting for him. I sat there sipping a cup of coffee. I was getting frustrated. Suddenly he dropped into the chair across from he. Hat and sunglasses. I pulled off the sunglasses and laid them on the table. "You seem upset, but look. I was caught up in a schedule. I'm really sorry." "Being as popular as you are, I'm surprised you even have time for me." "You looked me up?" he took a sip of my coffee. "Nope, I was just oblivious to your picture everywhere before. Apparently you're the biggest rage," I stole my coffee back. "It doesn't matter." "You're right. I don't care if you're the most popular idol right now or a rookie in training. But I thought you would at least tell me." "We didn't have much time to talk yesterday. You didn't tell me about the problems you were having recently either." "That's just about guys. Guys pass. We're like siblings. You should have told me. I'm not mad," I sighed. "No, you're disappointed, right?" "Disappointed? I couldn't ever be disappointed in you." "You don't like the image." "That you're some y badass? No, not really unless that's who you are now. Are you?" "Min He," "I have a ten minute walk back. I should get going." He grabbed my hand, "Sit down."

"I guess you are different than I thought. Never thought you'd be telling me what to do." He didn't apologize either. Was this really that little boy? "I'm not the same person if that's what you're thinking. It's been fifteen years or so. It only makes sense." "So that's you?" I pointed out the window. He looked out at the notice of his concert. "That's what I enjoy so yes. But that's just an image. I have to appear to be that person which is fun. But that doesn't change who I am." "So you're still the little boy whose bag gets thrown in the creek every week?" "No, I'm the boy that likes to eat and dance who likes to play games and act cute sometimes." I didn't reply. "It's weird to think that we've changed so much." "Yet not very much." I laughed, "I guess not. I do have to get going though." "You didn't eat." "Yeah, I'll eat when I'm done with classes. Maybe pick something up at work." "Work?" "Yeah, have to pay for college somehow." "Where?" "A couple restaurants. I deliver. Call me when you get some free time, alright?" I got up. He gave me a hug. "Bye." "So, you're not upset or disappointed or anything?" "Nah," "You always got over things fast." "Yeah, yeah, I know."

But I wasn't over it. I wasn't over how he had changed. Was it for the better or for the worse? I didn't know but I felt weird around him. I wasn't as comfortable as I had been. But then again we had been kids. Everything was comfortable as children. I hoped that with time it would get better and that odd feeling in my stomach would go away.