Undercover

Is This A Drama?

The bake sale was a hit and we got our tree. I was one for decorating things that poke you so I helped hang the lights in the square. "Min He?" "Yeah?" I replied. "Do you think it'll snow for Christmas?" It had been chilly even cold at times but it hadn't snowed yet and everyone had been wanting it. "Ae Cha, over here!" someone called and I was left alone on the lights. I tried reaching for the hammer at my foot without letting go of the lights. Only a little more. I kept my eyes on the lights. If they were pulled too far the whole thing would need to be redone. Suddenly the handle hat the palm of my hand. "Thanks," I said quickly pulling up to fix the lights. I handed it back down and continued with the twisting. I finished the strand. "That make it half done." I stepped down on the ladder and missed. I lost my balance and fell.

I opened my eyes. I hadn't hit the ground. "And you said you didn't need anyone to take care of you." "What are you doing here?" I hissed. But he didn't set me down. "I'm undercover." "As what?" "Your oppa," he smiled. I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry about last time. I've been regreting it since I said it." "I know. And if I hadn't come to see you then you'd still be suffering." "Are you planning on setting me down?" "No, can you take a break?" he asked. "Are you on a break?" "I have until late tonight. I'm all yours." "Then put yourself to use." "I have to work when I'm not working?" "I thought you enjoyed what you did." "I do. But it's still tiring." "Fine. Go sit elsewhere. You're in the way. Now set me down. People are staring."

"Hi!" I covered my face, "Crap," I mumbled. Taemin finally set me down and I grabbed the ladder and scurried to continue my work. "You must be Min He's oppa," Ae Cha smiled. Taemin helped me though so she wouldn't see his face. "Yeah, does she talk about me?" "Only when she denies that she likes you but whenever she's on the phone with you she blushes like a little girl." "I do not!" I shouted at her. "She does." I didn't dare look at Taemin for his response. "She's in denial," Taemin whispered. I barely heard him. "I'm not in denial. Stop it you two." "Speaking of which," "Speaking of what?" "Denial, guess whose wedding is tomorrow?" Ae Cha said. "Isn't that great?" My hands froze on the wire. "I wish I could get married at this age. Wouldn't have to worry about getting a boyfriend." I felt a nudge on the back of my leg. I looked down at Taemin. "Come on. It's cold. Don't make me stand here all night."

"Oppa, can you help me down?" I asked and he took my hand and helped me down the ladder. "Min He and Ae Cha working, shocker." "What do you want Kang Sun?" I asked moving the ladder again. "We came to mock you." "We?" I turned and saw Jonghyun. "How can you two still be together?" "It's called love. You'll find it when you're forty or so." "Oh, that's right when a guy shoves..." Ae Cha covered my mouth so I didn't finish my comment. "Why don't you just go?" Ae Cha smiled. Taemin came back with another string of lights. "I've got this one," he said climbing up the ladder. "Who's that?" Kang Sun asked. "Finally found a guy? I thought you weren't interested in men." "You have to wrap it looser," I told him. He loosened it and looked down for my approval. I nodded. "Aren't you going to introduce me?" Kang Sun asked. "No," I replied. "How's HongKi?" Jonghyun asked. I turned to him, "He's good. Why?" "Isn't he getting married soon?" "Yeah, he is. Isn't that nice?" I smiled. "Why are you still pissed at me? Do you still like me?" he smirked. "No. I just find you disgusting to be around." He leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "I'll take you back if you ask." "Pft," I turned back to Taemin.

"I know. Why don't we play a game?" Jonghyun offered Taemin. "What will be the prize?" Taemin asked sitting down on the bench. Everyone was taking a break. "Oppa, I'm going to grab..." Taemin grabbed my hand and pulled me on his lap. I was about to resist but he whispered, "Go with it. This guy is pissing me off." I stayed on his lap. Ae Cha's eyes widened. Taemin's phone rang. He pulled it out. "Yeobeseyo? No, it only takes an hour. I don't need to practice. I did already today. Yes, I'll be fine. I promise I'll get there in time." He hung up and checked the time. "I have to leave for work soon." "I thought you said late." "I know. But there's going to be pictures now or something." "How far is it?" "An hour away," "What?! And you're here?" "I wanted to spend time with you." "You're a child. You're going to be late." "You don't even know what time it starts." "What if there's traffic?" "It really can't start without me anyways." "You've gotten a prince complex. Go." "You make it sound like you don't want me here." "I don't want your manager to yell at you for being late. Then he'll be mad at me and then I can't visit you." "You still want to visit me?" "As your little sister not anything else."

"You two are siblings?" Kang Sun asked. I had forgotten about them. Taemin ignored them he quickly kissed me. "Stop that!" I got off his lap. "You are getting frustrated." "See?" Ae Cha smiled. "Denial." "I'm not in denial!" He pulled me in and kissed me again only this time slower. He pulled back smiling, "You're not cute or y and if you kiss me again I won't visit you anymore." He pulled off his jacket and placed it over my shoulders. A guy walked up, "We need to leave now." "Yeah, I know. I'll try to see you tomorrow, okay?" "Don't strain yourself," I glared angry. "Keep on the jacket. You keep shivering. It was nice meeting you," he waved at Ae Cha. She blushed slightly. He started to follow the man, "Taemin!" I shouted. He stopped and turned. "Merry Christmas." He smiled, "Merry Christmas."

I shook my head and turned to Ae Cha. I wasn't in denial. I just didn't want to pull away from his kisses. It didn't mean anything. "Let's finish this." The three of them stared shocked. "You..." Kang Sun started. "Oh my God!" Jonghyun said breathless. Ae Cha couldn't speak. "What's wrong with you?" I passed by them and continued with the lights. Ae Cha grabbed a hold of my arm. "At the concert..." "Huh?" "At that concert, he was looking at you." "Who?" "How long have you two known each other?" "Taemin oppa?" I asked. She nodded. "We grew up together. I told you that before." "But you never said it was Taemin!" "Oh !" I groaned. I had forgot about it and let it spill. I was a failure. Kang Sun grabbed my arm, "I'll be your best friend forever!" I shrugged her off. "Are you two seriously together?" Jonghyun asked. I pulled out my cell phone and texted him, ":( im being attacked-they figured out who u were" He returned with ":P loser enjoy" Still a child at heart. "I'll give you anything for his phone number!" "I'll give you anything for him to kiss me on the cheek!" "Shut up!" I shouted. "I'm going to bed. You finish with the lights." I shoved them in Kang Sun's hands and stormed off. I didn't know where I'd go.

I wandered and found myself standing in front of HongKi's dorm room. I laughed, "God, I'm such an idiot." I knocked on the door. His roommate opened the door. "Oh, hey, he's..." "Yeah, can I crash here?" He grew wide-eyed, "Uh, I suppose." "I got locked out of my dorm room and all my friends are out for break. It'll just be tonight." "You're lucky. HongKi washed his bedding before he left." I nodded and dropped on his bed. "So, it's tomorrow?" I asked staring at the ceiling. "Yeah," his roommate said. And just like that my mind was off Taemin and back on HongKi.