Priorities

Is This A Drama?

"Min He!" I stopped. "Hey, what's up?" I smiled at HongKi. "Hey, what are you up to right now?" "Uh," Taemin oppa had called me and wanted me to come see him. He was at a fan thing. "Not much, why?" "I'm skipping out on class government planning wanted to know if you'd help me have some fun." "Uh, sure. What do you want to do?" "A new movie just came out. Want to go see it?" "Sure." He led the way to the parking lot. "You've got a car?" "Yeah," I stopped as he opened his door. It was nice. Really nice. It must have been expensive. I felt bad. I didn't want to touch it thinking it might break. "Min He?" "What if I break it?" I asked quietly in case my loud voice alone would shatter the windows. He laughed, "Get in. I promise I won't ask for repair damages." I carefully got in. "Relax. You look like you're sitting on a pin cushion." I tried to but couldn't. He laughed and quickly backed up. I gasped and closed my eyes. He laughed, "Don't worry. I'm an excellent driver." He stepped on the gas and I grabbed onto the door and the seat cushion not opening my eyes even for a second.

I peeked open my eyes after a few minutes only to catch a glimpse of his spedometer. "Oh, my God!" He shook his head, "You're funny. I told you I'm a good driver. Don't you trust me?" I shook my head violently and felt him step on the gas harder. "Why?!" I shouted. "So you'll trust me." I wouldn't look anymore as his spedometer's needle passed seventy miles per an hour. It was supposed to be sixty here. I screamed as he barely missed a car weaving. He laughed so hard he had to slow down to keep in control. "Stop it," I whined and pouted. But he didn't slow down.

We pulled to a stop and I couldn't move. I stared at the gearshift in park. "You getting out?" I was glued to the seat. "Unless you want to go someplace else," I shot out of that car as fast as I could before he started driving again. He laughed. He dug his hands in his pocket and headed towards the movie theater. I slowly followed trying to get over the terrifying experience. I would never ride in a car again. Buses. I'd stick to buses forever and ever. "Stop walking so slow." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him to keep up.

"So, what do you want?" he asked staring up at the concession stand menu. I shook my head. "Two sodas and a popcorn?" he asked. I shook my head again. "The car ride wasn't that traumatizing. You'll keep the food down if you eat it." He placed a hand on my stomach and I froze at his ease of intimacy. "See? Your stomach isn't making funny noises or anything. He placed a hand over my heart. "And your hearts only slightly racing. It'll slow by the time we sit down." He pulled me up to the cashier and ordered two sodas and a popcorn. "You want any candy?" he asked nodding to the display case. I shook my head. We were handed our order and he handed me the cup. "So, what's this movie about?" I asked. "You really are clueless about the world, aren't you? I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be right back." He handed me the food to hold. I sighed.

My cell phone buzzed. I pulled it out. A text message, "When are you getting here?" "Oh, sorry, oppa. Something came up. Raincheck, okay?" "Alright," he replied. HongKi came out. "Come on, let's get some good seats." I smiled and nodded sliding the phone back in my back pocket.

Taemin sighed. "What time do you want me to bring the bouquet?" the young lady asked. "Forget it. She's not coming." Taemin sighed. Was she still mad at him? Was she avoiding him? He wanted to spend some actual time with her where she could remember how much fun they used to have together. But how could he with such a busy schedule? He needed a day. One day off. He'd find it and make a special day. He swore it.