Is This A Date?

Is This A Drama?

"So, what are you studying?" HongKi asked as we sat and waited for our orders. "Uh, creative writing," I replied. "What about you?" "Business management," "It doesn't seem to fit you." "Yeah, well, I had no real choice. I have to take over the family business." "Family business?" "Lee Distributing Goods," "Guess I'm pretty secluded. Never heard of it." "That's alright. Why Creative Writing?" "I want to write dramas." "Oh really? What kind?" "Right now a romantic comedy," "Can I read it sometime?" I blushed at his innocent request. "Uh, it's not done and will have to be revised and reviewed then proofread..." "You could just say no," he laughed. He got up and grabbed our order. I felt bad.

"Are we actually going to work?" I asked finally. It had been a half hour and all we had done was talk. "Actually I forgot the folder," he said simply before taking another bite of his sandwich. "So, what are we doing here?" "Eating lunch," he said with his mouthful. "Why?" "Because it's healthy to eat lunch and I was hungry. Weren't you?" I poked at my food. "What? You're upset?" he asked. "No." "You're lying." "I just don't see what the point of this was then." He started to laugh, "Ouch, my ego just got burned. Am I that bad to be around?" "Sorry, you're a nice guy, but I didn't choose to be part of this carnival deal and I'm just helping out a friend. I'm trying to hold up two jobs and and trying to get a degree. I really don't have the time to..." "Eat? Or do you mean date?" Date? This was a date? "You're a strange person. You don't even realize how much you're missing out on life yet you're so full of it." "Huh?" I asked. He chuckled and shook his head, "Just stop worrying for a moment and have fun, okay? You don't have to leave for another fifteen minutes." I sighed and took another bite. "You're funny," he smiled. "Yeah?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah."

We spent all our free time planning and going over other people's planning. "So, two days," he sighed laying down on the couch. "Yeah, and we're now in the clear." "Yup, finally." "You trust those in charge, don't you?" He shrugged. "It doesn't matter. If it fails it's their fault. It doesn't bother me none." I laughed, "I can't believe you're so carefree." "This coming from you," he laughed. I laughed. He was right. I didn't care what happened. "Say," he sat up. "Let's go out and have fun." "What?" "I don't know. How about the arcade?" "How can we...? Sure, fine," I gave in. He was affecting me too much. "Great," he jumped off the couch. "Let's go."

We slammed down the buttons and jerked the joysticks with everything we had. HongKi groaned and I cheered, "Ha!" I stuck out my tongue at him. "Take that to your pride!" I turned back to the screen grinning from ear to ear. I looked over my shoulder at HongKi staring at me. "What? You can't be that mad, can you? It's just a game. Come on, let's play again." After another moment he leaned forward and joined me in another game.

I always seemed to lose track of time with him. I collapsed on my bed. "You're in late again. It's not like you," my roommate smiled. "Thanks for your worry but I'm fine." "Oh, I'm not worried. I'm happy for you. Whoever it is is a miracle worker. You haven't watched a drama in..." "Damn it! I missed the episode!" I rolled over and buried my face in my pillow. "Watch it online tomorrow. Remember that whoever this guy is must be something special to have turned you from being a studious and concentrated girl into having fun for once. Don't let him get away." She rolled over and fell silent. Was that really what was happening? HongKi was a bad influence. I was even missing my dramas! I stared up at the top bunk. It was my storage. It had all my life sitting on it. But as I went through the things in my head I thought, Were they ever that important? I rolled over and stared at the wall. He was getting into my head, he and his immature, playful, cute, annoying personality.