Taemin's Struggle

Is This A Drama?

    Taemin sat beside Min He. "Oppa, I'm tired. I can't sleep." "What do you want me to do?" Taemin asked. He patted the rag against Min He's forehead. "Can you sing?" Taemin blushed and laughed nervously, "You know I can't sing." "Please, I'm so tired." "You're sick. Go to sleep. You shouldn't stay up and listen to me." "But I can't sleep. I've tried. Please, would you?" "Alright, fine. What do you want to hear?" "Any song," "Mountain bunny, bunny/ Where are you going?/ bouncing, bouncing as you're running./ Where are you going?/ Over the mountain peaks, peaks/ I will climb them on my own/ plump, plum chestnuts, I will find and bring" She was asleep even before he had reached the second verse. He smiled. This was the first time he helped her instead of her helping him.

Taemin rushed to the hospital. If she was sick she wouldn't be able to sleep. She never could sleep when they were little when she was sick. The only way she would sleep was when he sang to her. "Um, a girl arrived not long ago. Min He," the nurse pointed to the door behind him. He turned. He hurried over to the door. It was slightly open. He pushed it open. A guy stood there. She seemed so happy with him. Did she like him? "Well, then I'll leave when your oppa comes." "I'm here," Taemin stepped in. Min He smiled brightly at him. The guy turned. He gave him a curious eye. Taemin was wearing a hat and a hooded sweatshirt and was quite wet. Not even a devoted fan would recognize him like this. "You got here fast," he said. "Of course," Taemin passed by him and sat on the bed. He reached out and placed a hand on Min He's forehead. "You're running a fever." "She's on medicine for it," the guy said. Wasn't he going to leave? Was Taemin jealous? Of course he was. He wouldn't deny it. "What happened?" Taemin asked. Min He opened but once again the guy took control. "She wouldn't let me give her a ride home and she got stuck in the rain. Your little sister is stubborn." Little sister? "You know better," Taemin reached out to her face concerned. She nodded, "Sorry to make you worry and come out here." "I should go," the guy said finally. "Thanks again," Min He smiled at him. He left closing the door behind him.

"Tired?" Taemin asked. She nodded and lifted the covers for him to slide in with her. He did. He put his arm behind her and she used it as a pillow. She closed her eyes and he quietly sang, "My life is brilliant/ My love is pure/ I saw an angel/ Of that I'm sure/ She smiled at me on the subway/ She was with another man/ But I won't lose sleep all night/ Cause I've got a plan/ You're beautiful/ You're beautiful/ You're beautiful, it's true/ I saw your face,/ In a crowded place/ And I don't know what to do/ Cause I'll never be with you" She was asleep before his confession came out in the song. He placed his hand on her face, "You're beautiful/ You're beautiful/ You're beautiful, it's true/ I saw your face/ In a crowded place/ And I don't know what to do/ Cause I'll never be with you" he choked on the words. He pressed his cheek against the top of her head. "So, you like him?" He stared at the door. "I want to be able to compete with him but how can I? All you see is an older brother, your oppa. Can't you love your oppa?" He kissed the top of her head then brushed the hair behind her ear that had fallen in her face. "Min He, can't you try to love me?"