Seeing My Oppa's Feelings

Is This A Drama?

It was finally Christmas Break yet no one was going anywhere. I stopped a girl. "Where is everyone going?" I asked as the crowd all seemed to head in one direction. "The concert!" Concert? I asked myself. I didn't know anything about it. Ae Cha grabbed me making me jump. "What are you doing standing here?! It's a free concert!" She dragged me behind her before I could say anything. We reached a huge stage. Ae Cha pushed through people until we were close to part of the stage that jutted off. Someone bumped into Ae Cha. "Kang Sun?" Ae Cha asked. The girl turned. Jonghyun had her on his arm. "We were here first," Ae Cha glared. "What are you going to do about it if I don't leave?" she snapped. "Ignore her," I mumbled. I took one last look at Jonghyun before turning forward. My phone buzzed against my leg. I pulled it out. "Where are you?" "Oppa?" I asked into the phone. It was hard to hear. "So you're at the concert?" "Yeah, I got dragged here. How did you know?" "Where are you standing?" I stood on my tiptoes to try to look over the people to see him. "I can't see you." "Of course not. I'm still getting dressed." "Huh?" "Clueless girl, right or left side of the stage?" "Uh, looking at the stage the right." "Alright, see you soon." He hung up. I slipped my phone in my pocket.

"You call HongKi oppa now?" "Huh?" I asked. Ae Cha grinned. "Oh, no. Didn't HongKi fly out yesterday for his wedding?" "I don't know. I didn't get an invitation, did you?" I shook my head. "Oh, anyways, who was that on the phone?" "My oppa," "I got that. How did you meet him?" "I knew him from when we were kids." "Oh, why don't I know about him?" "I don't know because I have only known you for a few years and I haven't seen him for a long time until lately." "Aw, cute." There were loud screams. I looked up at the screen and saw him. I laughed to myself. I really was clueless. I joined the screams as loud as I could. "I thought you didn't know Taemin!" Ae Cha screamed to me. "I know him pretty well!" I screamed back. She seemed confused. I was excited. It would be the first time I'd see him perform. How much had he improved? I was taken aback when he started to dance. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was born to dance. But then he started to sing. I closed my eyes. His voice was so powerful. I had only known the quiet, angelic songs his voice had sang. This was like a whole new him.

"He looks like he's showing off!" Ae Cha shouted. "Really?" I asked. I couldn't stop the grin from pulling on my lips. The next song he didn't dance to but walked around as he sang. He went down the left. The girls over there went wild. He stayed over there the whole song and then pulled back. "I..." he waited for the audience to quiet down. "I sing mostly pop, electric, or whatever but I don't think I've ever sang a ballad on stage." Everyone screamed. He started down our side slowly. "So, today, I'd like to sing one for you," he said just as he locked eyes with me. He gave me a smile. I winked at him and his smile grew. He winked back and started back up the stage. "Oh my God, he looked right at us!" Ae Cha screamed. All the girls in our small section screamed. "He winked!" Kang Sun screamed. "It was like he was talking directly to us saying he was singing to us," Ae Cha swooned. I ignored their comments and kept my eyes on my oppa.

He stopped at the microphone stand and grabbed a hold of it. The music slowly started and he closed his eyes to sing, "That we weren't so, that we would be different, was what I thought. Even while knowing of seperation, an unending love was what I expected. As though seperation had been waiting for me, like a planned story. Like an unexpected rain, seperation has made me cry. Until you return, I'll wait. Until you return, I'll cry for just a bit. If it rains, whether they're tears or rainwater, no one will know. Until when do I have to wait? Until when do I have to hurt? Even if I hurt enough to die and hurt even more, I'm going to wait. Until you return. That it wasn't the end, that it wouldn't be the end, was what I thought. Like an unexpected rain, seperation made me cry. Until you return, I'll wait. Until you return, I'll cry for just a bit. If it rains, whether they're tears of rainwater, no one will know. Until when do I have to wait? Until when do I have to hurt? Even if I hurt enough to die and hurt even more, I'm going to wait. Everything's just as it was. The people are just as they were. Then why in the world is the one I love not here? That you only loved me, was what you said to me. Let's be forever, was what you promised. That you'd love only me even in death, you promised. don't Goodbye, Say Goodbye, Don't Goodbye. My love, can be for only you. My tears, can be for only you. If a year passes, even if ten years pass, I'm going to wait for you. Until when do I have to wait? Until when do I have to hurt? Even if I hurt enough to die and hurt even more, I'm going to wait. Until you return." I could see the tears in his eyes. I looked around and everyone was crying. Taemin looked back over at me.

A fast beat started to lighten the mood. But it wouldn't help me. I turned and pushed through the crowd to leave. They easily let me through and I started to walk through the chilly streets alone. Was that a confession? I didn't understand. We had been kids when we made that promise. Mere children. The promise to love each other forever and to marry was something every kid did when they were little. Why did Taemin have to take it to heart? He was like my brother. How could I think of him that way? "Bad oppa," I said into the wind. "Bad oppa."