Is This Denial?

Is This A Drama?

I woke up and rolled over. Since the concert a couple days ago, Kang Sun had bought a poster and placed it above her bed. Now, every morning I had to see my oppa and it ripped at my heart. I hurried myself every morning and couldn't even change in the room. I left and went to Ae Cha's dorm. I knocked on the door until she opened it. "What?" she moaned before collapsing on her bed again. "What are you doing for Christmas?" "Um, I'm helping with the school's gift exchange." "Gift exchange?" "Yeah, you bring a gift and trade it with someone. It's nothing big but it's a little Christmas for those who can't celebrate it with their family." "Can I help?" Ae Cha opened her eyes. "What?" "Can I help?" "You?" "Fine, if you don't want..." "Okay, you can help. But what are you doing here?" "Didn't know where else to go." "No work today?" "Nope." "What would you normally be doing?" I bowed my head and sat down. I'd normally be with HongKi. "Other things but they're not available now." "How's your oppa?" "Busy." "You should go stalk him at his work. It'll be fun," she smiled. I gave her a weak smile back but I couldn't go and the nice thing about staying at the college was he couldn't come to me even if he had time. I wasn't ready to face any feelings I might or might not have for him.

"You want to talk?" Ae Cha asked. "Huh?" "Do you want to talk?" "About what?" "Whatever has been bothering you since the concert." "No," I replied poking at my food. "Well, then what should we talk about to get your mind off of it?" "Ae Cha, what is it?" "I just find your odd behavior odd." "Sorry," I apologized. "I'm just confused. So, what will we have to do for this Christmas thing?" "Well, we're trying to collect Christmas decorations people might have. We also need to make posters for the event. We need a quick and easy fundraiser to buy a tree and some decorations." 'Bake sale?" "Can you really make money with that?" "I don't know but Christmas desserts should be popular since they'd be missed a lot," I offered. "I'll bring up the idea with the others," she smiled.

My cell phone buzzed. I pulled it out and forgot to check, "Yeobeseyo?" "Hey, can we talk?" "Aren't you busy?" I asked trying to get out of it. "I'll be done with practice in a half hour, can you come?" "What will do if I say no?" "I'll stalk you." I laughed, "And how far will that go?" "To the point you'll sit down and talk with me." "Christmas is Sunday." "I know." I looked at Ae Cha, "Do you need me today?" She grinned and said loud enough for him to hear, "Nope!" I glared at her and she smirked. "Fine, I'll come over, but you'd better be buying me food." Ae Cha looked confused. I hadn't even ate the food I had before me. I shoved it towards her and she dug in. "Of course, anything special." "So, you're ordering in?" "Min He," "I know. You can't go out. Anything. I'm on my way." I hung up. I didn't move though. "So, that's why you're upset?" I laid my head on my arm. "Was that your oppa?" "Yeah," "Not your older brother, right?" "No." "So you like him." I looked up at her, "No." I said it but it choked coming out of my mouth. "You do! You like him. When do I meet him?" "No," I sat up. "Well, maybe I'll just follow her." "Bet I can make it to my dorm and got my coat before you can," I teased and got up, leaving her there.

The silence lasted through the meal. It was still awkward. "Five minutes," a guy peeked his head in the room and then popped back out. "Min He?" Taemin asked finally. "You kissed me back." "So?" I asked not knowing what else to say. "So?" he laughed. "So, I want you to admit..." "No. I'm sorry, Taemin, but I won't admit to anything. I'm sorry, but I don't want to date you. I don't see you that way and you can't make me change my mind. You need to find yourself a girlfriend and get over whatever you think you feel. I want to be friends, back to the way things were with you but I can't until you're over me. I don't mean to sound rude..." "But you're in denial." "I am not," I snapped. He was shocked. "Stop this. Grow up, Taemin. You're not a little kid anymore. If you want someone to care for you, I can be there when you're sick or lonely." "What if I want to care for someone?" "I don't need someone to care for me." "Obviously since that guy can take care of you." "Stop it!" I shouted bringing me on the verge of tears. "Bad oppa," I frowned and left before the tears fell down my cheeks.