HongKi's Support

Is This A Drama?

"So, what'd you think?" HongKi grinned from ear to ear knowing my answer. "Why did you pick it? It obviously wasn't something you'd watch." "Why not?" "Because it was a romance." "Oh, wait, don't you like dramas?" I laughed, "Cute, but that doesn't explain how you stayed awake through it." "Maybe I was taking notes." "Notes? Your fiancee doesn't seem the type to like dramas either." HongKi's smile faded, "No, not really." "So, you enjoy romance movies?" "Hush, if anyone hears my reputation will be ruined," he teased. I laughed, "Then why did you pick this one?" "Because I knew you'd like it." "And why would that matter? Usually friends would fight over whether to watch the action thriller, the horror, or the romantic comedy. Why would you just give up that argument?" "I'm sorry I took the fun out of it but I didn't want to wait for the horrors which aren't fun until night time and I've already seen the action thrillers that were within fifteen minutes of when we arrived." "You couldn't have checked all that that fast. You walked up and got the tickets. No waiting." "Alright, you caught me. I picked what you'd enjoy. Oh wait, I told you that already." I laughed, "I don't understand you." "I don't understand you either. Why are you questioning it?" "Fine. I give up trying to analyze you." "Good, you're hungry, right?" "Sure." "Mmm, I know just the place."

We couldn't stop laughing through the whole dinner and one hour turned to two to three until it was starting to get dark. "Whoa, look at the time," I smiled. "Yeah, time flies. Let me take you home." "Uh, no, not getting in your car." "I'll drive slow." We got up and started walking down the street. "It's an hour walk; I'll be fine. The walk will do me good." "Well, then, the car is that way," he pointed the other way and so I stopped walking. "Thanks for everything today. It was a lot of fun." "I know. I'm full of fun. I had fun too. Thanks for coming. Are you sure..." "Yeah, bye." He gave me a hug, "Stay safe, okay? Bye." He walked the opposite way. I laughed and continued towards the dorm.

HongKi pulled off his shirt and changed into a tee shirt and a hoodie. His roommate walked in soaked. "God, it just started pouring like crazy. It's freezing." "Yeah?" "The streets should be empty in about thrity seconds and anyone who's still out there is an idiot." HongKi laughed. His roommate started to change clothes. "So what did you do all day?" "I...!" He grabbed his keys and ran out the door.

He drove down the road eyeing the sidewalk. He jerked the steering wheel to the side and stopped the vehicle. He hurried out of the car and hurried over. "You're soaked." "Yeah, I am. You will be too." "Get in the car." "I'm just staying out of the rain until it stops." "Then sit in the car until its over." "I don't trust you." "This could last all night." "Then I won't get much sleep tonight." "Please?" She smiled. Even in this weather her smile was like a ray of sunshine. He couldn't help but smile back. But his smile faded, "Are you alright?" "Yeah," she said before sneezing. "See? You've caught a cold. Get in the car and let me turn on the heat." She pulled away from the wall as if contemplating. "Alright, fine." She started towards the car. He hurried out after her. She grabbed a hold of the car. "You okay?" he stopped in the rain and asked. She nodded but she didn't look okay. "Min He?" he hurried over to her side but not before she collapsed. "Min He?!" he shouted. She was out though. He lifted her into the car seat and hurried around to get in. He slammed on the gas to get to the hospital as fast as possible.

HongKi paced back and forth. Why wasn't she awake yet? The nurse walked in the room and he stopped. "She'll be fine. She's on some meds that will help with the fever. She needs to sleep. We'll keep her here over night to make sure she doesn't get worse. Is there anyone you should call?" He didn't reply so she walked away. He grabbed her cell phone sitting on the table. He went through the contacts. No parents? Oppa? He called and there was a quick response, "Min He?" "Um, you're Min He's oppa?" "Yeah? What happened?!" "Uh, she's sick and in the hospital right now?" "What?! Where?!"

Min He woke up. "HongKi?" she asked. HongKi spun around. "You're awake. Are you alright?" She nodded. "Are you sure?" "Yeah, but why am I here?" She looked at the IV in her arm. "Some medicine. You have a high fever. You should have gotten in the car the first time. You're so stubborn." "I know." "You want anything? A glass of water? Anything?" She shook her head. "I'm tired." "Yeah, you should sleep." "I can't." "Why not?" "I just can't sleep when I get sick not since I was little."