Getting there

I'm a nobody

Entry number: 10 

Things are looking up! Finally. 

I don't feel so lonely now. Whilst before I always felt like the outcast in society, now I feel like I belong. Not only do I have Baekhyun, but I also have Luhan and the others. I don't feel lonely now because one of them is always there to keep me company. Something which I didn't have before! 

I talk more in the counselling session now. If I continue to do so, I'll get out of them quicker. My counsellor told me I can stop writing in this now, but I don't think I'll get rid of this so easily. Not yet anyway. As for dad... he's getting better. He's slowly recovering, not exactly out of the woods yet, but all the signs are there to tell us he's going to eventually make a full recovery. When he was able to sit up and talk, gran made us talk. It was awkward at first, understandably, but we're able to communicate with each other more clearly now than we were able to in the past. We have a better understanding of each other. 

At the beginning of the year, I was so different to what I am like now. At the beginning of the year I was someone who avoided everyone and kept myself to myself. In a way, I've changed quite a lot. Sure it'll take a while until I'm completely comfortable, but I'm getting there. I'm getting there. 

~

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Sehun asked, running out of the class after Baekhyun and followed him down the hall. Yes today was Friday and that meant the start of the weekend, but that couldn't begin to explain why his friend had been fidgeting throughout the whole of their final lessons, shooting out the class when the bell rang and they were free to go. 

"Chanyeol is going to be taking me out in half an hour. I need to go back, have a shower, find the perfect outfit and make myself look pretty!" Baekhyun replied 
"Why are you so worried about how you look though? You guys have been out plenty of times in all sorts of states". Sehun had a point there. 

"He wants me to meet his parents. Today it's his grandmother's birthday and they're going out for a meal in Seoul. Chanyeol see's this as the perfect opportunity so I want to make a good impression" and it was there that Sehun could see the immense panic in his friends eyes, as clear as day. 

"Good luck with that then! You're going to need all the luck you can get!" he said, patting Baekhyun on the back 
"You're lucky that Luhan's Chinese and his parents live in Beijing" Baekhyun grumbled, leaving Sehun there in the halls as he bustled down them back to his room. 

Speaking of Luhan, where was the guy? Usually he would be waiting around the corner or outside of Sehun's classroom waiting for him. Now that Sehun had a chance to pause and look around, he couldn't see the guy anywhere. 

Until of course he looked again, smiling when he saw a familiar face shoot around the corner and run towards him 
"Sorry... English... teacher... nightmare" he said in between catching his breath, Sehun laughing at his misery and opting to pat him on the back instead. 

"Enough about that though" Luhan said finally catching his breath, standing up to smile at Sehun, nodding his head 
"Sehun" he said with a smile 
"Luhan" the latter replied and just like that the two were on their way, talking about their classes and whatever else popped into their minds. 

Sehun was a long way from being perfect. But nobody is ever really perfect are they? There are people who excell through life and get everything right whilst there are those who don't do so well. In the end though, everyone is the same. 

It took him a while, but Sehun was able to realise this. He didn't have to be perfect in order to please everyone around him, he just needs to be himself to please himself and that was all that mattered. There were still some moments where he found himself at the brink of getting into fights with people who picked on Baekhyun, at times he got into arguments with Luhan- over silly things really- and would sometimes walk away in a huff instead of sorting it out then. 

He was getting there. It was going to be slow, but he was getting there. Everything was finally going right for him and with the right people around him, the future looked bright! No matter how cheesy that sounded for him...