Messing with him

I'm a nobody

Luhan had never been slapped like that before. When he was a kid his parents would smack his bottom if he misbehaved but that was it, they were never violent with him. When Baekhyun slapped him across the face, he could think of what to do other than stand there shocked and bring his hand up to where Baekhyun hit him. 

"What the hell Baekhyun?" Chanyeol shouted, trying to pull Baekhyun away before he could do anything else.

"Get off me. He deserved that!" Baekhyun shouted back, breaking out of Chanyeol's grip and once again faced Luhan 
"How dare you. H-how dare you. You know what he's going through and yet you go and do that to him?" he began voice shaking lightly, as did his body. 

"How can you go kissing someone like that? With no explanation?"
"Wait, Luhan you did what?" Chanyeol asked but didn't get an answer 
"He comes to talk to you and yet all you do is get angry and push him away. W-why are you messing with him like this? He's confused, especially with what's going on with his dad, and yet you just brushed him aside like that?". 

Baekhyun shouldn't really feel like crying over this, but after reading Sehun's journal, after reading everything the boy poured out in there he had the excuse to. His friend was hurting, Baekhyun was meant to be a good friend and be there for Sehun just like Sehun was always there for him against the bullies. Now that Sehun was gone and nobody could find him, Baekhyun had let him down. 

"Will you answer me! Stop standing there looking so pitiful when you're not so innocent yourself!" he shouted as Chanyeol stepped forward and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. 

"Come on, you need to go calm down" he said, leading Baekhyun away whilst Jongin remained there with Luhan. 

"Is it true?" was the first thing Jongin asked Luhan when Chanyeol and Baekhyun were out of the way
"Luhan is it true?" he asked again but couldn't get an answer out of his friend. 

Instead, Luhan just turned an ran. He didn't know where he was going, he just ran and didn't plan on stopping anytime soon. Jongin didn't go after him, this was something Luhan needed to sort out himself without anyone else poking their noses in it. Watching his friend walk away, Jongin just stood there and shook his head before going to check up on Minseok, see if he was alright. 

~

It was getting cold. In the past half an hour he had been sat there, the wind had slowly picked up and the sky was slowly clouding over. Soon evening would be settling in, then nighttime. 

Would he move from his spot though? Probably not. He didn't feel like facing anyone yet, particularly his grandmother and Baekhyun. 

Were they out looking for him? Were they even worried about the fact that he had been gone for so long? 

Running away was not the best idea that Sehun had ever come up with. It was stupid really; how was running away from his problems going to solve them? How was running away from everything and everyone going to make things better? Make his dad better? Make the situation with Luhan any better? 

After running away from the hospital, Sehun was quick to come to the conclusion that he was a fool. A massive fool for that matter. He should have gone back to the hospital or at least gone back to school and wait for Baekhyun to come and confront him about his little show with Luhan, but he didn't.

With every step he took he found himself getting further away from the hospital and no closer to the school. Settling for some park he had visited on a number of ocassions, he took a seat on a bench and just stayed there. Since arriving at the park and parking himself on the bench, he hadn't moved one bit. 

Instead he took up the position of watching those who came into the park. There were the old couple walking their dogs, a bunch of teens stuck in an intense football match until they had to go home and every so often a young couple would bring their child into the park to play on the swings and slides. The parents were probably doing it to tire the child out so they would go to sleep as soon as they got home, not that the child knew anything about that. 

There was one woman who came into the park that caught Sehun's attention. She was young, probably her late 20's if he was to hazard a guess, and with her she had a young boy. Watching how she would cheer him when he went down the slide, or how she would take a picture or two of him on the swing, Sehun didn't really know what to call this feeling. Was it jealousy? No it wasn't, he could establish that quickly. Envy? Perhaps. Longing? Longing. 

Watching the mother interact with her son, Sehun found himself longing, longing for those interactions himself. Watching the two of them, he wondered if perhaps his mum had done that when Sehun was younger. Had she taken him to the park on cold days like these? Cheer for him as he went down the slide? Pushed him on the swings? Hold him close to her and let him fall asleep as she carried him out of the park and back home to where his dad would have potentially been waiting?

Sehun had never realised up until that moment how much he wanted to just go back in time and see his mum again. Even if he couldn't talk to her, touch her, at least he would get to see what she was like as a mother. Maybe those moments would be much better than the moments he was living through at present. 

"Lucky gits" Sehun muttered under his breath, slouching back on the bench and closing his eyes, silence consuming the area. Silence that gave him time to think. 

Sehun hates thinking 

It made his mind go into overdrive. Make him think of what he did right, where it went wrong and what he had to do to make things right again. 

For the things he had done right, the list was relatively small. Where it went wrong, oho Sehun could write a novel or two about that! What he had to do in order to make things right again... he had the solutions. They were all there planned to the finest detail in his mind. It was just executing these plans which made Sehun reluctant to do so. Man he really needs to man up. 

This, this is why Sehun hates to think

Sehun stayed in that position for a while. For how long; he wasn't sure. He couldn't be bothered to check the time. He only snapped out of it though when he heard someone slowly approach him from behind. Upon hearing the rustle of leaves on the floor did he finally sit up. 

He wasn't scared though. Sehun never got scared at things like these. His heart was only beating quickly because he moved about quickly. Yeah, that was it! He just had to remain calm and hope that whatever it was behind him was just a small animal or some person casually passing by and was most certainly not going to bother him. 

Then there came a voice, a familiar voice at that 

"S-Sehun"


Oooooooooo!!

I think you'll like the next chapter. I'm not going to give much away... but I'm already thinking of what I have planned for the next chapter and just... well I'll leave it there for now. 

Until then!!