I'm a nobody

I'm a nobody

Luhan had to go clear his head. After the little scene with Baekhyun, he had to go clear his head and give Baekhyun some time to calm down before he went back. By then he willed himself to have some excuse ready to tell Baekhyun and the others, an excuse that would get them of his back. Hopefully by then everything would be alright; they would leave him alone, Sehun would be back and Luhan would get a chance to talk to him. 

It was just a matter of trying to think of something to say to Sehun when the time came. Otherwise they were probably going to find themselves in the same position of Sehun pinning Luhan up against a wall and the two of them once again getting into an argument. 

If it were to happen again though, Luhan ran the risk of having Baekhyun there as well. An angry Baekhyun at that and if he were to act similarly as he did back at school, Luhan would rather much be on the next plane back to China than face his wrath again. If he was going to have another to speak to Sehun, he was going to have to nail it. Which kind of explains the reason as to why he was wondering helplessly through Seoul so late in the evening. 

Wondering around, maybe Sehun could be in one of these shops. Maybe he was deliberately hiding somewhere nobody would be able to find or even bother to look in. 

Aha!

That could be it! Maybe Sehun was hiding somewhere nobody would bother to look. It was perfect! He could hide there for as long as he wanted to and not have to worry about anyone finding him. Perfect!

With that firmly planted in his mind, Luhan now had some sort of idea on where to start in searching for Sehun. Whilst his mind was telling him to go check out one specific area, his feet were walking him to another area, leading him further away from where he had originally planned to go. 

~

"The park" Luhan said aloud, sighing and staring at the area in front of him. 

Why the heck was he at the park? Had he been here before? Perhaps, if memory served him right Jongin, Minseok and Chanyeol had taken him there a few times when he first arrived from China. This had been the first time in perhaps... two or three years he had been here. 

Still the question remained; why was he here? It was getting pretty dark and there were only a few people coming in and out of the area. What possible need was there in coming to the park? 

Oh...

The park

Aha, very cleverly thought out Sehun

"He's gotta be in here" Luhan muttered to himself and ran in the park, stopping every so often to look around. The park wasn't that big, so it wouldn't be that hard to find Sehun. 

Hence he was able to see him slouching on a bench nearby. 

In his mind, Luhan pictured himself running over to Sehun, asking him if he was crazy and trying to calm Sehun down when the guy shouted at him for being an impossible jerk. In reality though, in reality it was the complete opposite. The minute he saw Sehun, he just froze. Why was it that he always chickened out when it mattered? 

No! 

He was not going to chicken out this time! Even if it meant approaching Sehun from behind rather than head on. He was going to talk to him and the two of them were finally going to sort this mess out! 

It wasn't until Sehun sat up suddenly did Luhan's walk falter slightly. Did Sehun know he was there? Could he hear Luhan approach him? Now was the time to find out, all Luhan had to do was open his mouth and speak to him. That would be the start of it all. 

"S-Sehun" 

The silence that had ensued the two of them shortly afterwards led Luhan to believe that perhaps Sehun hadn't heard him. Maybe he was too quiet or his voice was too shaky for Sehun to understand what was being said. Yeah, maybe that was it, maybe Luhan would have to call out his name again. 

"You know, even with my grandmother around to look after me, I still felt alone growing up" Sehun finally said, making Luhan stop to listen to him.

"Around other children I was always shy, reluctant to play with them. I guess it was those traits that held me back. Others would avoid me becauseI was so quiet. As I got older, they began bullying me about it. I would always go crying to my dad about it, but he would always tell me to get on with it, tell me that I shouldn't care and they would leave me alone. I tried to, but they always picked on me some more.

"Then they found out my mum died. The bullying got worse, to the point where one day a kid told me she probably died to get away from me and we got into a fight. I got suspended for a week and my relationship with my dad turned sour from there... like he was ever around anyway. Always stuck in work and always coming home late... I-I thought it was because he was doing it to avoid me, because I reminded him of mum... but... well... you know". 

Sehun was laying his heart out to Luhan... all of his feelings... did, did he really know who he was talking to? 

"Sehun-"

"Now that I think about it I've done some pretty stupid things in my lifetime. Like getting into various fights, always keeping myself to myself and just being 'odd', weird... whatever people call it. I was doing it for attention you know! Just to get my dad to notice me and yet all he did was throw me in counselling sessions. 

"Baekhyun is really the only person who I trust besides my grandmother. Sometimes I rely on him too much and yet when we fight, when I see him with Chanyeol... I feel so lonely... why can't I have what he has? Even if his life was just as ty as mine his is going down the right path and mine is going down the wrong path! No wonder people think I'm so weird and try to avoid me I'm just a nobody... a freak! Someone who is a waste of time!". 

"Don't say that!" Luhan shouted, startling Sehun as Luhan stood in front of him. 

"Don't say that about yourself. You aren't a nobody you are a somebody! You are just as important as those who even think about bullying you! Sehun, Baekhyun loves you just as much as he loves Chanyeol. He even slapped me across the face when he found out about what had happened! You'll never lose him because he cares so much for you!" he said, watching Sehun drop his gaze to the floor. 

"W-why... why are you saying all of this to me? After how badly I treated you throughout the year?" he asked 
"Because! Because" Luhan began. This was it. This was the time that he could finally explain everything to Sehun including the kiss. He could not afford to screw it up now.

"That kiss Sehun... it meant something. I wasn't taking advantage of the situation you were in. I-I could have picked a better time, yes, I know that. Look, you, you've been in my thoughts since the day I found you on the roof. How could someone who I never seen before make me so interested in them so quickly? At first I spoke to you to try and become friends with you... then slowly I began to fall for you, like you more than I should!". 

"Y-you like me?" Sehun asked eyes still fixed to the floor. 

"Yes I like you Oh Sehun! I like you, I like you, I like you! I like how you're always there to stick up for Baekhyun whenever someone messes with him. I like how you actually have a sense of humour when you show it on the rare occassions. I like how even though you put on this tough guy act there is someone deep inside who just wants to be recognised and loved and will get those things if he just opens himself up!". 

Luhan didn't really appreciate the fact that he was telling Sehun everything he liked about him, confessing to him, and yet Sehun himself couldn't so much as bring himself to look the other in the eye. Very frustrating was this becoming. 

"Will you look at me!" Luhan shouted, cupping Sehun's face and forcing him to look up from where he sat. Doing so, Luhan was shocked at Sehun's appearance. He had never seen him like this before. All he could do was hug him, hug him and refuse to let go. 

"It's okay Sehun" he whispered, still holding the guy with tears streaming down his face. Sehun didn't realise he had been crying. It was rare that he did cry. 

"S-sorry, I don't even know why I'm crying" he said, quickly pulling himself away and attempting to wipe his tears away, with Luhan beating him to it. 

"Why are you doing this?" he asked 
"Didn't I just explain myself previously?" Luhan replied earning a small smile from Sehun. 

"And you meant what you said?"
"Every last word" well, at least Luhan was being serious this time, and the two weren't getting into arguments. 

"So, what... what does this make us now?" Sehun asked 
"Whatever you want it to be" Luhan replied. It was there that something in Sehun turned, something that hadn't been there before. Something that compelled him to grab Luhan and pull him down, their lips moulding together in a kiss that Sehun needed. Luhan didn't pull away from it, in fact he found himself enjoying the fact that Sehun was kissing him. 

The two of them could figure out what was going to happen next later on. They weren't going to rush things now!


 

Yikes this chapter was longer than what I had originally anticipated! I regret nothing though, I'm very satisfied with how it panned out in the end! 

Originally the fic was going to end in the next chapter, however certain things will need to be answered, therefore this fic will end in two chapters time! Be prepared!

Until then!!