Why?

I'm a nobody

It would be wise to point out here that many people thought that Park Chanyeol was extremely clueless when it came to Baekhyun liking him. That the whole school knew apart from the guy himself. 

Wrong!

Of course Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun liked him. Although it took him a while to realise it, he knew that Baekhyun liked him. You don't think he realised how Baekhyun would stutter around him whenever the two spoke to each other? Or how he would sometimes catch the boy blushing? The staring at him in the lunch hall made it painfully obvious but he didn't want to tell the poor guy in case it embarrassed him to death. 

It would seem that Chanyeol is not as clueless as was first thought, and that everyone in the school had just been fooled... 

~

It was one of those days whereby Sehun didn't share a single lesson with Baekhyun. It was one of those days both boys dreaded because they were away from each other. Baekhyun was really the only person Sehun could comfortably speak to whilst Sehun was the only real friend Baekhyun had. Everyone else either ignored the two of them or picked on them. It was one of those days they wished they were just away from the school for the day and away from everyone else for the day. 

Walking down the hall, Sehun frowned when he saw the occassional person stare at him and whisper something to their friend. He was use to one or two people doing it a day. But five or six people doing that in a minute meant that something was up and Sehun was beginning to worry. The headmaster nor any other teacher didn't want to see him, so he wasn't in trouble. Things were alright with Luhan so nobody was hating on him because he was hating on their precious football captain...

There was really only one option left. When Sehun realised this, he ran down the hall in the direction that the students were walking up from. 

~

Baekhyun didn't really like it when Jungmo decided it was a day to pick on him. But he could handle it. He was use to people picking on him. He hated it though when people began crowd him. He hated it when they began cheering. He hated it when people drew attention to the situation which, really, only made it worse. 

"Come on Jungmo just leave him now" one his friends said 
"Why should I?" Jungmo asked 
"Because you only know Sehun is going to be here soon and you know it always kicks of when he arrives" his friend replied, Baekhyun just awkwardly stood there listening to their conversation. 

"So what? You don't think I can handle Sehun?" Jungmo asked 
"Well you didn't last time" Baekhyun muttered, kind of wishing he hadn't said that the second Jungmo turned to him and glared at him 
"What was that?" he asked, but Baekhyun said nothing, Jungmo raising his fist to him. 

Before Jungmo could punch him though, Baekhyun felt himself being tugged backwards and fall to the floor as Sehun stepped in front of him 
"Wan't to try that again?" he asked and slowly, Jungmo lowered his fist before the two of them stood there glaring at each other and everyone else was anticipating on whether there was going to be another fight. 

Instead? Jungmo's friends shook their head and pulled Jungmo away, telling him it was a waste of time and that he couldn't afford another load of detentions. 

With the crowd dispersing, Sehun turned around and held out his hand 
"Sorry for that" he muttered as Baekhyun took his hand and was helped up off of the floor 
"It's fine" he replied 
"I didn't hurt you did I?" Sehun asked and sighed in relief when Baekhyun shook his head.

"Let's just go to lunch already" and with that, the two walked down the hall, small talk arising about their lessons and basically insulting Jungmo. 

~

With Sehun in the library making last minute preparations with Luhan for their presentation, Baekhyun was left to his own devices. It wasn't as though he could really do anything creative without Sehun. With that established, he found himself sat outside in the picnic area under the winter breeze with homework in hand. Why be cooped up in a library when you could be outside and do homework? 

"I thought I gave you my number so you could text me when you were alone" came Chanyeol's voice whilst Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, not looking up from his work 
"I forgot" he replied and in all honesty, he did, before he paused and frowned. 

"Wait, how did you know I was by myself?" he asked, finally looking up whilst Chanyeol sat across from him 
"Luhan's in the library with Sehun that's how I know" he replied 
"Oh" Baekhyun said and blushed whilst Chanyeol grinned before picking up a textbook. 

"You're doing homework? On a day like this?" he asked and Baekhyun nodded 
"It wasn't like I could anything else" he replied, taking the book back 
"Well if you told me you were alone, I would have been able to brighten up your afternoon" Chanyeol said, making Baekhyun smile before the two of them fell into a silence; Baekhyun doing his homework whilst Chanyeol sat there watching him. 

"I heard about what happened earlier... with Jungmo" Chanyeol finally said and Baekhyun nodded 
"Good thing Sehun was there though huh?" he asked and Chanyeol sighed 
"Why?" he asked, making Baekhyun frowned.

"Why is it that people pick on you all the time? It's not just Jungmo. There was Myungsoo and Jinyoung previously" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders 
"Maybe because me and Sehun are sort of similar past wise" he replied.

"You've been to see a counsellor?" Chanyeol asked 
"No... we both don't have mum's. Sehun gets bullied for being a so called freak and I get bullied because my mum walked out on me and my dad when I was younger. They bully me because my mum supposedly doesn't love me and I'm a disgrace and stuff like that" Baekhyun explained. 

"I'm sorry" Chanyeol muttered whilst Baekhyun waved the comment away 
"I'm use to it all by now" he replied and another silence overcame the two of them. This one slightly more uncomfortable than the last one. 

What Chanyeol did next, he wasn't really sure as to why he did it, it was probably one of those spur of the moment things... or to stop the awkwardness of the conversation that had just taken place between them. 

"What are you doing tomorrow, after lessons?" he asked 
"Not sure... why?" Baekhyun replied 
"Well... do you wan't to go get some drinks or something?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun sat there staring at him... had Chanyeol just asked him out on a date?


Dun, dun, dunnn

So this is going to continue slightly into the next chapter. However this may be the only update for the weekend because I've caught the flu that has been spreading like wildfire throughout my house for the whole of the week -_- 

Enough about that though!

I only have next week and then I'm off of school for two week because of the Easter holidays which means I'll be able to update more frequently!! Are you guys enjoying this though? I know I don't update much as I use to but are you guys still liking what I write? Speak to me... D: 

Until the next chapter!!