Betrayed

Comfort Guardian

Kyungsoo greeted Kai at school the next day. Kai was in a foul mood yet again.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m hung over…and my ‘wife’ is coming to school today.”

“H-he’s coming to our school?!” he cried.

“Apparently…”

Before anything else could be said, a sleek black car pulled up. Out of the car came Luhan, who already wore the uniform and carried a Prada school bag. He sighed and approached the two on the steps.

“You’re showing me around.”

“Like hell I am,” Kai growled, turning on his heel and stomping off.

Kyungsoo followed him quickly, not wanting to be left alone. Luhan followed with a glare. Kai couldn’t escape for long though and so he ended up waiting by his locker. Kyungsoo approached with Luhan only a few steps behind him.

“Show me around,” Luhan said again, crossing his arms.

"Kyungsoo will.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, making them look huge. He was shocked that Kai had just thrown him to the wolves. He knew that Kyungsoo was nervous with people. He knew he was awkward and shy.

Luhan looked straight at Kyungsoo and the smaller boy curled inward, wishing he could turn invisible.

“Fine. You’ll do.”

Kyungsoo gulped and nodded. Kai quickly fled. The smaller wanted cry. He looked at Luhan, who seemed to be frowning. He looked at him then.

“So, who’re you?”

“Do Kyungsoo. Kai’s…friend.”

“I see…I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you.” He paused a moment. “Sorry about earlier. I just…I’m not exactly happy about this engagement thing and I’m not Korean, so this isn’t exactly home.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “I can imagine it’s scary. I don’t mind showing you around. Just, umm…give me a second.”

Luhan nodded. Kyungsoo took deep breaths. He then pulled his inhaler out of his bag and took a puff. He got social anxiety and when he did, he would hyperventilate. He always carried around his inhaler just in case. Luhan gave him a curious look as he put it back in his bag.

“Okay. Let’s go.”

Kyungsoo showed Luhan around the school. He found himself loosening up and enjoying talking with the other. When they were finished, Kyungsoo saw Kai from afar. He was with another guy and the other immediately knew it was Sehun.

“Thank you for showing me around,” Luhan said then. “I really appreciate it.”

“It’s okay. I didn’t mind.”

Luhan looked around nervously. He then looked at him. “Can I eat lunch with you later?”

Kyungsoo couldn’t stop his smile. “I’d like that.”

The Chinese boy smiled some. He waved good-bye to Kyungsoo before leaving for class and Kyungsoo did the same.

-------------x------------

Kyungsoo greeted Kai at lunch. The blond boy was sitting with him.

“Umm…hi…”

“Kyungsoo, this is Sehun. I figured we could hang out together. It’s weird that I haven’t introduced you.”

Kyungsoo greeted him some as he sat. Kai seemed pretty happy and was telling Kyungsoo all about Sehun until Luhan came up. He immediately went silent when he saw him.

“What’s he doing here?”

"I invited him to eat lunch…” the smaller said gently.

“Why would you do that to me?” the taller demanded.

“I just thought…it’d be nice.”

Luhan took a seat beside Kyungsoo. He could tell the good mood had been ruined. He sat with his tray, looking at Kai. After a few minutes had passed, he frowned some. “I’ll just go…Sorry.” He got up quickly, looking for a new place to sit.

Kyungsoo bit his lip before he got up to follow Luhan. Kai stared at him in surprise.

Kyungsoo didn’t want Luhan to be alone. He knew how it felt to be all alone. He figured Kai would forgive him some time. He didn’t want to leave Luhan by himself in a foreign country with no one to be his friend.

-------------x------------

Kai shoved open the door in frustration. Suho looked up from the paperwork he was doing as the younger threw his backpack across the room and sunk into a chair.

“What’s wrong, dongsaeng?”

“Kyungsoo betrayed me today…”

“Betrayed you?”

“He invited Luhan to eat lunch with us.”

“So? He is your fiancé as of yesterday. I commend Kyungsoo for making you spend time with him.”

“He’s my friend though. I can’t believe he’d do this to me. How can he choose him over me when they’ve just met?”

Suho chuckled some. “Are you in love with Kyungsoo?”

“No. We’re friends.”

“Then why are you taking it so personally? He’s just trying to be a good friend. I’m sure there’s a good reason he invited Luhan to eat with you.”

“Ugh,” he growled. “You don’t understand! You don’t get what it’s like to be in high school!”

Suho laughed more. “Okay, Kai. I totally don’t understand.”

The younger rolled his eyes. “Why are you always so mean?”

“I’m not mean. You’re just being childish. You can’t get out of this marriage, Kai. You need to accept that you’re going to be married and grow up.”

Kai shot up, glaring at Suho. “It’s not fair! You get to love whoever you want because you’re perfect! I’m only eighteen and I have to get married?! I don’t get any consideration at all!” He then stormed out of the room in anger.

Suho sighed, watching his little brother storm away.


Wow! Already 12 subscribers! Thank you all so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed it and thank you for the comments. I hope I won't disappoint. The story does get melodramatic but I swear I won't angst it up so much you wanna die. I also apologize for my poor pacing. I just jump between scenes as I please. The Sudo will take a while to show up, but I promise it'll be worth the wait!

Leave me comments and subscribe because it makes me happy and wills me to post quicker :D