Time

Comfort Guardian

Everything went well. Suho’s job was wonderful and his employers loved him. They were impressed by his work ethic and people skills. Kyungsoo had begun his job at the convenience store and was doing well. The two were slowly putting away money and Kyungsoo was still doing well in school. Even though everything was doing so well, there was still a hole in Suho’s heart where his family was supposed to be.

Kyungsoo hugged Suho tight every day when he came home from work. Then he’d ask him how his day went and they would eat dinner together. Kyungsoo could tell Suho was still down even though it had been a few months.

“Suho,” he said, touching the other’s arm gently.

“Yes?” He looked to Kyungsoo curiously.

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine, yeobo. Why? Do you not feel well?”

“No, I’m fine. I can tell you’re still not yourself. Is it your family?”

Suho’s face fell some. “A little.”

“Have you talked to anybody at all?”

“I talked to Kai yesterday. He’s begun talking to me again.”

“When did that happen?” he asked in surprise.

“When you told me about Luhan going back to China. I yelled at him. We’ve chatted a few times since then.”

“I’m glad you’re talking again. That’s a relief.”

Suho nodded and finished his dinner. He sighed some. “I just wish my father would give us a chance. I bet they’d think you’re wonderful like I do if they got to know you.”

Kyungsoo smiled some. “You’re sweet, Suho. Maybe they’ll come around some day.”

“How are your parents? I don’t see them much even though I live here…”

“They’re fine. You know them. They’re asleep because it’s late. They haven’t really said anything else.”

“I love you,” Suho chuckled, kissing Kyungsoo before he took the dishes away.

“I’m having lunch with Luhan tomorrow. I’ll ask about your family if you’d like.”

“That’d be great. Thanks. I’m going to go shower now.”

“Okay. See you in bed!”

-------------x------------

Suho took a seat in the booth and glanced over the menu. He ordered right after and smiled at the waitress as she left him with a water to wait. Not long after, Kai slid into the booth across from him.

“I ordered your favorite.”

“Thanks, hyung.”

Suho smiled some. “How are you?”

“Good. Classes are tiring but I’m almost done.”

“That’s good. How are you and Luhan?”

“We’re doing good. I’m glad I talked to you a few weeks ago. I almost lost him.”

“You have to take care of the people you love.”

“Yeah. I’m glad we’re together. We’ve had a couple date nights and I bought some couple items for us. We’ve talked a lot too.”

“What have you talked about?”

“What we want to do with our lives and where our relationship is going. Making plans for the future.”

“That sounds very mature of you. Great job.”

“How are you and Kyungsoo doing?”

“Really good. We’re happy and working hard. No smooth sailing when you have to work all the time.”

Kai nodded as their food was brought. He bit into a piece of chicken. “Mom and dad asked about you…”

“What did they say?”

“They asked how you were doing and if you were still married.”

“What did you tell them?”

“I told them you were doing great and were happy with your career and married life.”

Suho nodded. “Thanks. I guess I’m happy they at least asked about me.”

“I think they miss you and don’t want to admit it.”

The elder was quiet as he ate. They fell into a silence for a while and finished their meal. As they got up, Kai hugged his brother.

“I miss you, hyung. Let’s hang out some time.”

“Sure, buddy,” he nodded, rubbing his back gently. “Thanks for having lunch with me.”

“Any time. I love you, bro.”

Suho laughed and said good-bye. He drove home and found Kyungsoo sitting at the table, looking at something.

“What’s up?”

“Oh, I’m looking at the schedule for the show.”

“Show?”

“I got a solo at the end of semester show. Kai has the dance solo.”

“Oh really? He didn’t even mention it at lunch.”

“Well, he does. It’s going to be really great.”

“What day? I’ll definitely come.”

“Good. You should help me pick what song to sing.”

“Whatever you want, my wonderful wife.”

Kyungsoo giggled and agreed.


This chapter isn't very long and the next one isn't either. I will be putting up the final chapter and epilogue on Friday together so it will be a double update.

My hiatus for the next two weeks is only semi because I want to finish posting this story (and I'm entering a contest that ends the same day as my graduation >.>) I'm sad it's come to an end, but I love this story so much~

These chapters just tie up the basic plot and they're not the best but I hope you'll still enjoy them.

I love all of you guys. Thank you so much for reading and commenting and upvoting and subscribing. I can't thank you enough from the bottom of my heart.

See you Friday~ <3

P.S. Thank you for voting in the poll. I got a resounding yes, so I will write that bonus detail info in the next few weeks and add it!