Love

Comfort Guardian

When he awoke the next morning, he shifted some and rubbed at his eyes. He hadn’t even realized he’d fallen asleep. He yawned some and then looked to his side. Suho was sound asleep beside him, their faces rather close. Kyungsoo almost screamed but quickly bit his lips. His cheeks turned as red as a tomato as he stared at him. His eyes immediately focused on the elder’s lips. They were just there in front of him. He really wanted to kiss him.

The smaller got a little closer, feeling Suho’s breath mingle with his own. His cheeks flushed even more. He was so fixated on Suho’s lips that it took him a moment to realize Suho had opened his eyes. When he saw, he immediately shot back.

“S-Suho!!”

“Good morning,” the elder greeted, rolling onto his back and stretching some before he sat up. “Did you sleep well?”

“Y-yes…I’m sorry I slept in your bed. You could have told me to move.”

“I didn’t mind. If I had wanted you to go, I would have told you. You looked so peaceful I couldn’t bring myself to wake you.”

Kyungsoo blushed and sat up. He couldn’t believe what he had just done. He couldn’t even bring himself to look at the other at the moment.

“Hmm…I wonder what we’ll do today.”

“I’m not sure,” Kyungsoo said quickly. He got up and went to find some clothes to wear for the day, fleeing to the bathroom so he wouldn’t have to face the elder.

Once they were both dressed, they headed down to the lobby. Kai and Luhan were already downstairs with Sehun and Yixing.

“Good morning!” Luhan cried with a wave. He gave Kyungsoo a hug and grinned at him.

“What’re the plans for today?” Suho asked.

“It didn’t snow overnight and it’s gotten a little less deep, so I thought we could go for a hike,” Kai said, “Since you like hiking, hyung.”

“That sounds like a lot of fun.”

-------------x------------

As they made their way up the path, Kyungsoo’s eyes were trained on Suho’s back. He was walking in the middle of the group. Suho was at the head and Sehun and Yixing were ahead of Kyungsoo. Behind him were Kai and Luhan because Luhan had insisted Kai stay beside him. He was terrified of heights and as they got higher up the mountain, he pressed deeper into Kai to get away from the edge. Kyungsoo smiled some when he looked back to check on them.

“Please don’t make me go back over there,” Luhan whined.

“Can we switch sides then? That way you won’t be near the edge.”

Luhan nodded and switched sides, still gripping Kai’s sleeve. Kai sighed some and tried to speed up. The shorter boy whimpered as he was left behind by the other quickly.

“K-Kai, don’t leave me!” he cried, grabbing the other’s hand.

Kai turned around then, stopping. Kyungsoo stopped to wait for them a little further ahead. Kai gently took Luhan’s hand in his own. Luhan actually looked like he was going to cry which didn’t go with the manly persona he tried to press all the time.

“It’ll be alright. I’m here. I won’t let anything happen to you,” Kai said calmly.

Luhan looked up at him with teary eyes and the taller gently cupped his face. He then pressed a gentle kiss to the shorter’s lips. He pulled away just as quick and began to walk, pulling Luhan so they could catch up. Luhan’s cheeks were bright red as were Kai’s, though he tried to hide it.

Kyungsoo grinned some at the sight. He then went after the other three who had continued ahead. When he managed to catch sight of them, Suho had taken up the rear. He waved to the smaller some as he saw him. Kyungsoo passed him and he waited until Kai and Luhan had caught up to continue on. After about an hour, they had reached the top of the small peak they’d decided to climb. Luhan hung onto Kai as they got close to the edge to take in the view. Kyungsoo grinned as he looked out, seeing the lodge down below and all of the snow covered hills around. He took out his phone to snap a picture.

“It’s pretty, isn’t it?” Suho said.

“Yeah. I’ve never seen something so pretty!”

Kyungsoo smiled at the elder then. Suho returned it before glancing over at his brother.

“They seem to have gotten closer.”

“Kai and Luhan just had their first kiss, so I would say so.”

“Their first kiss?! Well, Kai suited up quick!” the elder chuckled some. “I’m proud of him. He’s doing well.”

Kyungsoo smiled. “I hope I can fall in love like that one day…”

“Me too.”

The two continued looking on before they finally all headed back down the mountain. Kyungsoo’s feet sorely hurt. He lay on one of the lobby’s couches beside Suho. Even he seemed to be a little exhausted from the hike. Luhan was sitting in Kai’s lap, curled up into his chest and looking exhausted.

“We should probably call it a day. We have to leave at nine tomorrow so make sure to be down here by then,” Suho said.

Kyungsoo managed to drag himself up to the room. He lay on his bed and ended up dozing off. He hadn’t gone hiking in a long time. When he woke up some time later, Suho was watching television. He sat up and rubbed at his eyes.

“Are you hungry?”

“A little, yeah.”

“I was thinking of ordering room service. My feet hurt too much to walk all the way downstairs.”

“That sounds nice.”

“Order whatever you’d like.”

The younger looked at the menu and picked something out. Suho called down to room service and placed the order. Kyungsoo sat up and stretched some, letting out a yawn.

“I’m a little sad we have to go home.”

“That’s true. It’s okay though. We had a lot of fun.”

Kyungsoo nodded in agreement as he turned his attention to the television. They watched TV together until the room service came. They ate quietly, savoring their last meal on vacation. Kyungsoo looked over to the older.

“Umm…” He drew Suho’s attention. “Do you think we could read together again? I really liked the story. I’m sorry I fell asleep.”

“That’s okay. And sure, I’d like that. Just remind me of the last part you remember.”

Kyungsoo told him and then went to sit on his bed. He immediately curled up to Suho so he could see the words. He pointed to one of the sentences and from there is where the elder began to read from. After a while, the younger found himself staring at the elder’s lips as he read intently. Every word out of his mouth sounded beautiful. Before he even realized what he was doing, he leaned up and locked lips with Suho. The elder immediately froze and his eyes looked to Kyungsoo in confusion. The younger immediately pulled back in shock, realizing what he had done. He scrambled off the bed and reached his own in a split second.

“I’m so sorry!!”

“K-Kyungsoo…”

“I’m sorry!”

His heart was beating hard and he felt himself beginning to hyperventilate. He trembled some.

“Kyungsoo, you just need to calm down…” Suho tried to say.

The young man grabbed his bag quickly and ran out the door. He ran as fast as he could down the hall, feeling his chest constrict and eyes fill up with tears.

“Kyungsoo!!” he heard behind him.

He rushed into the elevator just before it closed. He collapsed to the floor, trying to catch his breath as the elevator made its descent to the lobby. He took a puff off of his inhaler and then began to sob uncontrollably.

How stupid could he be? Why did he kiss his best friend’s brother? He had to do something stupid that would ruin absolutely everything. He couldn’t bring himself to face anyone.

-------------x------------

He slept on a lobby couch in a secluded corner, unable to convince himself to return to the room. He didn’t know how he would face Suho. He awoke to a flurry of text messages from Suho, Kai, and Luhan. They were looking for him and were worried. He rubbed his tear stained face and got up slowly. As he made his way to the elevator, Sehun appeared with his own luggage. He seemed surprised to see him.

“Luhan and Kai are up in arms searching for you,” he said. “You should head up there.”

He nodded and got into the next elevator. He felt scared. What would he do if he saw Suho? His fingers tightened in the end of his t-shirt. His inhaler was out before he even knew it and he took a small inhale to calm down. As the doors opened, a tear rolled down his cheek. He made it to Kai and Luhan’s room, where he knocked gently. Luhan pulled open the door and screamed.

“KYUNGSOO!!!”

He pulled him into a tight hug. Kai was immediately there and hugging him as well.

“Where were you?! We were so worried!”

“What happened?! Hyung came to tell us he couldn’t find you and we searched all over!”

“I’m sorry…” he managed out.

After explaining away the incident, he went down the hall to his hotel room to pack his things. Suho wasn’t in the room which relieved him. He quickly packed his luggage and fled the room. He stayed with Kai and Luhan until it was time to go home. When they went downstairs, they met with Suho. He looked like he hadn’t slept the night before. He looked toward Kyungsoo and the smaller immediately hung his head. The ride home was awkwardly quiet and the smallest male was thankful when he was dropped off at home. He cried himself to sleep that night and dreamt about Suho.

He really couldn’t believe he’d fallen in love.


And so the melodrama finally comes in. I'm sorry. :/ I had to put a little melodrama/angst in here for the plot. It doesn't help that I also am feeling pretty crummy today and it's kind of fitting I get to put up this chapter.

I'm nearing completion of the story but I still have quite a bit to post up before that comes. Thank goodness for buffers lol :)