Suho

Comfort Guardian

When he woke up, it was oddly quiet. He was on a soft couch and he sat up gently, cupping his head because it was throbbing. Before he could voice his confusion, he was offered a glass and some pills.

“Here. Take these.”

It was Suho. Kyungsoo blushed some. He took them gently and drank the water. He settled back against the couch, feeling lightheaded when he sat up.

“How are you feeling? Are you alright?”

“I’m okay,” Kyungsoo nodded. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s perfectly fine. What happened?”

“I…uhh…I had a panic attack.”

“Does that happen often?”

“No. Not really. It’s been a while…I forgot my inhaler.”

“What were you panicking over, if you don’t mind my asking?” Suho asked calmly, lacing his fingers together.

“I…uh…” Kyungsoo hid his head in the arm of the couch. “I’m not rich.”

“Well, I sort of figured since we’ve never done business with your family. But, I don’t really see what the big deal about that is.”

“Do you know how much it costs to go to my high school? I can’t afford that. I’m a scholarship student. Right before I came to the party I found that…that…” He felt his eyes filling up with tears again and he hid his face some.

“What is it, Kyungsoo? It’s okay. Just take a deep breath.”

The younger did so and caught his breath. He then looked at Suho again. “I found that my scholarship lost funding and so at the end of this semester, I won’t be attending anymore. And that really because Kai is my only friend and I’m just now making friends with Luhan and Sehun. I don’t want all of that to go away…”

Suho listened. He was quiet before he finally said, “What if I could do something about that?”

“W-what?”

“What if I could ensure you can go to school next semester?”

“H-how? W-why?” Kyungsoo was filled with questions and he just didn’t understand.

Suho laughed a little. “You take care of my brother. I need to make sure he is okay. You do that for me. Besides, I like you.”

The smaller felt his cheeks warm. He didn’t know why but when Suho said he liked him, his heart sped up. He had always liked Suho but he never thought the other paid enough attention to him to even like him. He felt incredibly flattered.

“You…would do that for me?”

“I’m sure I can set up a scholarship opportunity. How can my father reject philanthropy which will make him look good?”

Kyungsoo felt his eyes fill with tears again, although this time it was due to the fact that he was happy. He wiped at his eyes, feeling embarrassed. When he finally quieted down, he looked over at Suho.

“Where am I, by the way?”

“My room. Upstairs was the only quiet place.”

Kyungsoo immediately blushed at realizing he was in Suho’s room. It seemed more like a lounge than a bedroom. The young man sat up gently.

“I should probably get back to the party. Thank you so much.”

Suho touched his hand gently to stop him. Kyungsoo blushed harder and he tried not to make direct eye contact with the elder.

“If you need anything, just let me know. I’m more than willing to help you.”

“T-thank you…”

The shorter practically fled the room and found his way back to the party. Luhan and Kai didn’t seem to be suspicious of him being away and he wondered how long he had actually been gone. But he was smiling and enjoying himself, his heart beating happily in his chest.

-------------x------------

Kyungsoo was relieved when he was sent the scholarship confirmation only a few days after the party. Suho really had lived up to his promise. All of his tuition and books were paid for. He wanted to thank the other and ended up tagging along after school with Kai and Luhan.

“Are you staying here now?” he asked Luhan.

“Yeah. My brother stayed behind to oversee that I begin getting used to married life. We both live in the house, although in a different wing.”

“What made you want to come over?” Kai asked. “You’ve never asked before. And you brought a gift bag.”

“Oh, umm…I just felt like visiting. The gift bag is for my dad. I’m meeting him and mom at a restaurant after this.”

Kai and Luhan showed him into the foyer and Kyungsoo was able to fully take in the surroundings since the last time he’d come over, every room was filled with people. He sat down on one of the couches and smiled, liking the colors and details of the room.

“Would you like anything, Kyungsoo?”

“No thank you,” he said, shaking a hand.

“Can you help me with homework?” Kai asked then.

“Sure.”

The three of them worked on homework for a while and Kyungsoo was having a good time. He almost didn’t notice when the front door opened and shut. It was only until someone spoke, that he remembered why he’d come in the first place.

“Well, you boys seem to be having a good time.”

“Hi Suho. Welcome home,” Luhan greeted.

Suho smiled, dressed in a fine suit and carrying a brief case. Kyungsoo gave him a slight wave which was returned with a warm smile. The younger felt himself blushing as he returned to the little study group.

“What are you blushing about?” Kai said then.

The wide-eyed boy shook his head. “N-nothing…”

Kyungsoo excused himself to go to the bathroom not much later and he carried his bag with him. He went upstairs and gently knocked on Suho’s bedroom door. He really hoped he hadn’t gone to the wrong room. He felt a little panicked but the door opened a moment later to reveal Suho. He was in a track suit and was sweating a little, his hair slightly damp. He looked rather y. Kyungsoo blushed some as he bit his lower lip.

“What’s up?” Suho smiled.

“I…I wanted to give you this.” He offered him the gift bag quickly, blocking his face some.

The elder took the bag gingerly and opened it up to glance inside. There was a small bag of coffee beans and a package of colorful golf balls. He chuckled some and grinned.

“That’s awfully kind of you, Kyungsoo. Thank you.”

“I know it’s not much but I can’t thank you enough. I know you like coffee and golfing, so…”

“No, really. This is quite thoughtful. Thank you, Kyungsoo. You’re a great kid.”

His heart gave a little pang at the comment. He managed a small smile. He stood awkwardly before merely giving a little bow and running back downstairs. He stayed for a little longer before leaving to head home. As he lay on his bed at home, he cuddled a stuffed giraffe close to his chest and closed his eyes. He didn’t know why when Suho had called him a kid, he had felt a little pained.

-------------x------------

“Are you going to come to the lodge with us, Kyungsoo?” Luhan asked at lunch.

Kyungsoo looked at them. “Oh, uh…I don’t really have skiing supplies or anything.”

“Your family doesn’t go to a lodge in the winter?” Sehun questioned skeptically.

“No…Not really.”

“You should come with us then,” Kai nodded. “It’ll be fun.”

“I really don’t have the stuff for it.”

“Oh please come!” Luhan cried. “We’re only going for a few days. Suho and my brother will be there too! We’ll have a lot of fun!”

“I-I’ll think about it…”

Kyungsoo still couldn’t bring himself to tell them that he wasn’t rich. He considered a way to get out of the skiing trip as the day carried on. During his last period, he got a text. He didn’t recognize the number and wondered who it was. He opened it and was surprised to see a message from Suho.

Kai said you might come on the skiing trip. Do you have any snow clothes?

No’ he texted back.

I can pick you up some if you tell me your measurements :)

Kyungsoo blushed some. He bit his lip and considered it quietly. He headed home and chatted with his parents about going to the lodge with his friends. They told him he should go, but when he asked about snow clothes, they seemed troubled. He told them he didn’t need anything and thanked them for permission to tag along. When he got up to his room, he texted Suho his measurements. It only took a few minutes for a response to come.

What’s your favorite color?

Black’ he sent back.

Kyungsoo lay back on his bed. He looked at his measurements and wondered if he had normal ones. He often looked skinnier than most girls. He hoped Suho didn’t think he was weird.


I found some free time (instead of studying for exams >.>) but I also wanted to surprise everyone with an update to thank you for the subscriptions! We hit 30 today! I should be finished with the story soon and then I can post faster updates. I'll try to post another up on Friday or Saturday like I promised. The lodge trip will begin and it'll be taking up quite a bit of the story lol