Problems and Solutions

Comfort Guardian

This is a double update so please go back one to make sure you haven't skipped anything :)


Kyungsoo tried not to think about the situation until a few days later when Suho told him to go to their old hotel room instead of the apartment. When he got there, he noted his husband had suit cases in the room.

“What’s going on?”

Suho took a deep breath, putting down the glass of alcohol he’d been nursing, ice clinking against the sides. “My father cut me off.”

“W-what?”

“I lost my job and my apartment this morning. And my bank account. I managed to have put some of my savings in another account under just my name but it’ll only last a few months most likely…He said if we don’t get a divorce, I can consider myself no longer apart of the family.”

Kyungsoo trembled. He sat down in a nearby chair so he wouldn’t fall. Suho returned to drinking his alcohol.

“…what does this mean…for us?”

Suho looked at him. “It just means I have to start over. I’m not going to leave you, Kyungsoo. I love you. My father isn’t going to change that. I’ll start looking for a job. I can stay here for a while. Hopefully I can find a job before I run out of cash…”

Kyungsoo felt himself crying without meaning to. He felt at fault for everything going wrong. If only he’d never run to the hotel and confessed his love. Suho’s life wouldn’t be headed in the direction it was now if it weren’t for him. He sobbed into his hands, feeling horrible. Suho was in front of him then. Kyungsoo caught his breath and wiped at his face. He blinked, trying to hide the fact that he was upset. Suho dropped to his knees and hugged Kyungsoo tightly, pressing his face against his chest.

“Don’t cry, Kyungsoo. I’m not leaving you. Don’t blame yourself. I don’t regret anything.”

The younger cradled Suho’s head and leaned his face close, kissing his hair. He felt his shirt being dampened by the elder’s tears and he cradled him closer. He pulled back then and looked up at Kyungsoo.

“I’m so sorry, Kyungsoo. I can’t pay for you to go to school after this semester. I can’t keep my promise. I hope you don’t hate me for that.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh. “I could never hate you, Suho. You let me come this far for only love in exchange. I love you so much. It’s okay I can’t go to school as long as I have you. I’ll be okay.”

“I wanted you to have your dreams. I promise I’ll give that to you some way again.”

The younger just laughed. “Don’t worry about it. Let’s enjoy the moments we have together. I love you, my comfort guardian.”

Suho grinned and gave him a kiss. Kyungsoo smiled softly. He had already made up his mind in how he could help his husband.

-------------x------------

Kyungsoo sat nervously in front of his parents. They both were staring at him.

“You’re what?”

“I got married…” he repeated softly. “I know it’s a lot to take in but I really need to help him. I’m one of the causes of this. I should help at least a little.”

“Well…I guess it will be alright,” his mother said forlornly.

“We should meet him. I can’t believe you would do this without telling us, Kyungsoo,” his father frowned.

He lowered his head some. “I’m sorry…I know I’m a disappointment.”

Both of his parents let out an exasperated sigh. “We don’t mean that, Kyungsoo. We love you. We’re very proud of you. We just never expected you to do something this major without telling us.”

Kyungsoo nodded. He gave Suho a call and the elder was there not long after, for once not in a suit. He looked at his husband in confusion, seeing his parents.

“Oh, umm…good afternoon,” he bowed some.

“Mom, dad, this is Kim Suho, my husband,” he supplied.

Suho’s eyes widened into saucers, looking from Kyungsoo and back over to his parents. He then bowed deeply to them.

“I…I’m sorry…”

“It’s alright, Mr. Kim. Or, I guess I should call you Suho now, huh? You are my son in law.”

Suho’s face burned some. “Y-yes, sir…”

“Kyungsoo explained the situation you’ve gotten into. You’re welcome to stay here until you can get back on your feet. Thank you for taking care of my son.”

The brunet stared and then looked at Kyungsoo. The smaller gave a tiny smile. He smiled some.

“Thank you so much for the offer. I can pay you for rent and groceries if necessary. I hopefully won’t be out of work long. I’ll pay for my own expenses as well,” Suho said, giving another deep bow.

Kyungsoo’s parents merely smiled and welcomed him into their home.

Suho was back within an hour with all of his bags. He moved them into Kyungsoo’s small room, stacking them near his wall.

“I have too much stuff.”

“You have enough for a house. It’s okay. We’ll make room,” Kyungsoo said as he cleared some of his things out and into a box so he could throw them out.

Suho stopped him and pulled him into a kiss. He then held the smaller close. “I love you so much, Kyungsoo. I can’t believe you did this for me.”

He merely smiled. “My bed is really small and I know my room is kind of childish, but I hope you’ll be comfortable here.”

Suho merely smiled softly. “It’ll be wonderful.”


Double update because it's spring break! I'm trying to spend most of it writing all the fanfiction I can lol I felt like these two chapters were really short so I wanted to upload them together.

Thank you all for the lovely comments and subscribes! You guys are awesome :) Maybe I'll update one more time this week. I'll think about it.