Stories

Comfort Guardian

The next day was filled with more skiing and snowboarding. The snow had grown higher overnight so the six stayed in for the rest of the day, bundled up in sweaters and playing games together. They even all crowded into one bedroom to watch a movie. Kyungsoo didn’t bring up what had happened the night before and Yixing and Sehun seemed perfectly fine with not saying anything about it.

“We should go to the sauna!” Luhan cried, hugging on Kyungsoo.

“I didn’t bring a bathing suit…”

“You just wear a towel in the sauna. You sweat a whole bunch, y’know?”

“O-oh…” He agreed to go along.

They sat in the sauna together and Luhan looked over to Kyungsoo.

“Do you think Kai likes me?”

“Probably. Why?”

“No, I mean do you think he likes me in the love sort of way?”

The smaller laughed some. “I think so. Why?”

“Because I sort of think I like him too….” Luhan’s cheeks flushed some.

“I think you guys both like each other. It’s good you’re already engaged.”

“Well, that’s just an obligation…but I do think I really like him. Enough to have a real relationship.”

“That’s great! You should go for it!”

Luhan looked at Kyungsoo then. “You really think so? I guess I could…” He paused a moment. “You’re really cool, Kyungsoo. When we first met I was a little skeptical but you turned out to be really awesome.”

Kyungsoo nodded some. “Am I that weird looking?”

“No! I didn’t mean it like that! You just look sort of…bewildered all the time? I don’t really know how to explain it. You have more whites of your eyes than normal people. Sometimes you look so cute though. Like you’re squishy and I want to squeeze your cheeks!”

They both laughed. Kyungsoo relaxed against the wall, closing his eyes. Luhan then squeezed one of his cheeks, startling him.

“I’m going to call you squishy from now on!”

Kyungsoo finally had to call it quits. He felt like he was going to pass out soon. He was changing into his clothes when Suho entered the locker room. He froze, mid putting his shirt on and only in his underwear. His cheeks immediately flushed as the elder male’s eyes met with his.

“H-hi…” he managed out.

“Hi,” Suho said, looking away quickly.

Kyungsoo’s eyes wracked over him. Even though Suho was on the short side, he was in incredible shape. No one would ever believe him when he said so but that six pack was evidence of it enough. Water droplets slid down it since he was fresh out of the pool. The young boy turned his head away quickly, the blush only intensifying. Suho opened one of the lockers and dropped his swimsuit before beginning to towel himself off. Kyungsoo had to remind himself not to look over like a complete creeper.

“Are you staying with me again tonight?”

“Uhh…I think so. Sehun never said anything to me.”

“You should bring all your luggage over then. Switch room keys with Yixing as well.”

“Y-yeah…I’ll go find them and do so,” he said as he finished getting dressed.

“Okay. I’ll see you up there then. Maybe we could watch a movie together or something.”

“T-that sounds like fun,” he agreed as he went to put the towel he’d used in one of the bins.

When he turned around, Suho had a towel around his waist and was getting his clothes out. Kyungsoo was thankful that he hadn’t seen more. He didn’t know what he would do. His heart was really going out of control when he was with the elder. He couldn’t have a crush on Kai’s brother. That would be bad.

He fled the locker room quickly and managed to find Sehun and Yixing immediately for they were swimming in the pool with Kai.

“Already done in the sauna?” Kai called.

“Y-yeah. I got overheated. Luhan is still in there.”

“You left him alone?” the taller said in surprise and worry was evident on his face.

“He’s a big boy. He’ll be fine,” Sehun said, rolling his eyes.

Kyungsoo then approached Yixing. “Uhh…I’m assuming you two will be using the room again so I thought maybe we should just switch?”

The elder man’s cheeks reddened some and he gave a small nod. “S-sure. That’s fine. I-I’m really sorry about that.”

“It’s okay. I’d just rather not have to run between two rooms.”

Yixing nodded. “Let me get covered and we can go up and switch.”

Kyungsoo waited a moment for Yixing to pull a shirt on. They proceeded upstairs. Yixing got his luggage from his and Suho’s room and Kyungsoo obtained the rest of his. They met in the hallway and exchanged key cards.

“Sorry again.”

“It’s okay. I’m…glad you’re having a good time.” Kyungsoo couldn’t think of another way to express his thought without it sounding any more awkward.

Yixing nodded, heading toward the room quickly. He turned back then and called. “Thanks for being a friend to Luhan. You’re really nice and made him feel welcome in Korea. I really appreciate that.”

The shorter gave a smile and then headed into his new room. He placed his luggage beside his bed and then lay down. He looked over towards Suho’s bed and wished he could lay on it with the other man. His cheeks immediately flushed at the thought. What was wrong with him? He seriously couldn’t have those thoughts for his best friend’s brother. If Kai knew, he’d be so mad. Kyungsoo considered asking Luhan about it, but he wasn’t sure if he could. He then wondered if anyone knew about Yixing and Sehun besides him and Suho. He also wondered how that had even come to happen and had escalated so quickly.

As his mind was filled with curious thoughts and questions, Suho came in. He stopped in the doorway and looked at Kyungsoo, smiling some at the young boy. The elder enjoyed just watching how the young boy acted, his normal expression making him look like he was confused or lost. He thought it was cute.

“Kyungsoo,” he said gently, startling the other boy out of his thoughts.

“Y-yes?”

“Do you want to have dinner? I’m feeling kind of hungry myself.”

“I’d like that,” the other agreed quickly, getting up.

-------------x------------

Just as they were about to be seated, Kai had appeared. Luhan was not far behind him.

“Can we eat with you guys?”

“That’s fine,” Suho nodded.

The four sat together, Kai beside Suho and Luhan next to Kyungsoo. They looked at the menu although it only took a moment for Suho. When the waiter came, he ordered for himself, Kai, and Kyungsoo. He then asked Luhan what he would like. Luhan told the waiter and they were left alone. Kai immediately turned toward his brother.

“Hyung, it’s not that weird for you to order for me, but how did you know what Kyungsoo wanted?” he asked, looking at him with a suspicious expression.

Suho was beginning to become accustomed to his brother giving him that look. He merely smiled. “We’ve eaten together a few times. I just remember what he likes. If he doesn’t like it, he can change his order.”

They turned their looks to Kyungsoo. He flushed some and quickly shook his head.

“N-no. It sounded good. I’ll eat it. Thank you for ordering for me.”

“You sure do blush a lot, squishy,” Luhan grinned.

“Squishy?” the brothers said in confusion.

“He’s so cute! I just want to squish his cheeks so now I’m calling him squishy.”

Kai and Suho both laughed and the shortest blushed harder.

“That is pretty cute,” they agreed.

Luhan immediately turned the attention away from Kyungsoo then. “So, Suho, you’re going to be my brother-in-law soon and I don’t know anything about you! Talk!”

Suho chuckled and began to give Luhan some basic info about himself, like where he went to college and what he majored in. He also told him about his hobbies which Kyungsoo already knew.

“Will you tell me a funny story about Kai? He won’t tell me anything,” the Chinese boy pouted.

“Sure,” the elder brother grinned. “You know he hates shoes right?”

“No!”

“Yeah. It takes a lot of power to make Kai wear shoes. When he was little, he was always barefoot. Once I had to take him to get his picture taken for a card…I think it was for his elementary school graduation. Anyways, he wouldn’t put on his shoes at all. I wouldn’t even consider trying to get socks on him. I took him to the shoot without his shoes on because he was being so fussy. We get to the photo shoot and I finally wrestle him down long enough to get the shoes on. He just glared at me the whole time and when I put him in front of the camera, he wouldn’t smile at all. The photographer kept posing him and Kai was getting more and more upset. Then all of a sudden, he kicks his foot and his shoe flies across the studio and hits the photographer in the head! The photographer was so angry but Kai was giggling and smiling so cutely he just told him to remove his other shoe and shot the photos. Our parents were so angry at me because I couldn’t get him to wear the shoes but it’s one of their favorite photos because of his smile. To this day, he still won’t wear shoes if he doesn’t have to. And certainly no socks.”

Luhan was laughing loudly, holding his stomach in pain. Kyungsoo himself was laughing pretty hard and Kai was blushing furiously.

“Hyung, don’t tell them those stories.”

The elder chuckled and ruffled Kai’s hair. “It’s not that embarrassing. I could have told them the story when you ran through a party .”

“Hyung!!”

“Tell it!” Luhan cried.

The dinner was filled with funny stories from each of them. Kyungsoo managed to find one he could tell about when he was younger and had played a prank on his elder brother. Kai managed to embarrass Suho with the many times he had managed to prank him or tricked him into doing something. Luhan had all kinds of stories about his friends in China.

“Will they be coming to the wedding?”

“I hope so,” Luhan nodded. “I was going to invite them.”

“When are you guys getting married?” the shortest asked.

“About a month after we graduate. That’s not too long from now already…”

“I think Luhan and I are going to fight over whose wedding party you’ll be in,” Kai said.

“Yeah! We both want you on our own side,” Luhan agreed.

Kyungsoo chuckled some, finishing his meal. He just smiled at the two of them in happiness. Once they had finished dinner, Suho was signing for the bill yet again. The younger realized he spent quite a bit of money taking everyone out to eat all the time. Kai thanked his brother for dinner and gave him a hug. Suho seemed a little surprised. Kyungsoo and Luhan both beamed. They bid one another good night and headed back up to their room.

“That was fun,” Kyungsoo grinned as he got his pajamas.

“It was. I don’t think Kai has hugged me like that in a really long time. It made me really happy.”

“See! I told you Kai would come around!”

Suho chuckled as he began to undress. “You were right. I’ll have to believe everything you say now.”

Kyungsoo blushed some. He rushed to the bathroom so he could change into his pajamas. He really wasn’t getting used to being with Suho all the time and being paid so much attention. He felt like he would self combust from all the embarrassment. His heart wouldn’t settle down and his cheeks felt like they were on fire all the time. He definitely had a crush. It was starting to become a little too problematic.

When he returned from the bathroom, Suho was reading again. Kyungsoo put his clothes away and then glanced over at the other.

“What are you reading?”

“An old book I liked in high school.”

“Is it your favorite?”

“Basically,” Suho nodded. “That’s pretty much what it is.”

Kyungsoo nodded and then sat awkwardly on his bed. He didn’t have much to do.

“Do you want me to read it to you?”

“W-what?! No, you don’t have to. You look like you’re almost done!”

“I don’t mind starting over. I’ve read it before.”

“O-okay.”

Suho patted the space beside him on his bed. “Come over here.”

The small boy blushed but gingerly got up and went to join the elder. He settled beside him and looked at the book. Suho flipped back to the beginning and opened it to the first page. He then began to read quietly to the smaller who listened intently. After a bit, Kyungsoo drifted to sleep, cuddled up to the elder’s side.


The next chapter will finish up the part at the lodge so I hope you'll look forward to it :) Other than that, we're about half way through the whole story so I hope you'll stick around til the end.

Thank you again for all the lovely comments :)