Bells

Comfort Guardian

Kyungsoo was watching TV when Suho came in, looking livid and exhausted. His eyes widened some, unsure what he should do or say. The elder dropped all of his things and sunk into the couch. He pulled Kyungsoo close and hugged him tight. He immediately seemed to calm and the smaller looked up at him with concerned eyes.

“Suho, are you okay?”

“Sorry…Just…bad day.”

“What happened? Do you want to talk about it?”

“My father was getting on my case about avoiding the arranged marriage meetings. Then we got into this argument about me not doing what I’m told and all this stuff. I’m just so mad. I do everything I can as best as I can at work but do I get acknowledged for that? No, I don’t! It’s just so annoying. Just…ugh.”

Kyungsoo rubbed his back gently to comfort him. “I’m sorry, yeobo. I hope you’ll feel better. If there’s anything I can do to make you feel better, tell me.”

Suho looked at him very seriously. “Don’t freak out.”

The younger’s eyes widened in confusion and he momentarily felt panic well up in his chest. It felt so unfamiliar to him that he almost wanted to cry.

“Let’s get married.”

“W-what?” Kyungsoo took a deep breath, trying to stay calm.

“Sorry. I shouldn’t have said it like that…” Suho took a deep breath and then looked at him again. “Do you want to marry me? Nothing big. Let’s just go down to city hall and sign the paperwork.”

Kyungsoo began to hyperventilate. Immediately Suho had his arms around him and was rocking him comfortingly.

“Sorry. Never mind. I shouldn’t have brought that up so nonchalantly and pushed it on you. I’m sorry. Take a deep breath. I didn’t mean to freak you out.” He let out a deep sigh. “God, that was so insensitive of me…I didn’t even consider how that would freak you out. I’m such a bad boyfriend.”

Kyungsoo covered Suho’s mouth with his hands so he would stop babbling. He took deep breaths and quickly calmed while the other was comforting him silently. He then looked him in the eyes.

“Okay, let’s talk about this. Talk about it. For real.”

Suho nodded softly as he let go of him. “Okay.”

“What did you just ask me?”

“If you want to get married.”

“Why do you want to get married?”

“Because I love you and I don’t want to hide it. If I’m married, my father can’t make me go to those meetings anymore. I mean, I obviously don’t want to get married only for that reason. I really love you and I can’t wait anymore.”

Kyungsoo nodded gently. “So, you want me to become Kim Kyungsoo? You want us to get married and be together forever. You’re ready for me to move in and be apart of your life every moment?”

“I already want you to be in my life every moment. I’m fine with that. If you want to move in, come on in! I want to be with you forever. I’m ready for all of it. I just want to be able to say that this is my wife, Kyungsoo and I love him so much that I’m not ashamed to show it.”

Kyungsoo immediately hugged him. “Okay.”

“W-what?!”

“Let’s get married. No big ceremony. No commotion. Let’s just go to the courthouse and do it.”

Suho grinned. “We’ll have to go buy rings first.”

“Let’s go now. No one’s closed yet.”

Suho agreed and got up, pulling Kyungsoo by the hand.

-------------x------------

They perused the cases, looking at all the jewelry. There was no one in the shop so the employees were watching them intently, waiting to jump to help them first. Kyungsoo shook his head over and over, not seeing anything he liked. He really didn’t want a girl’s ring for himself. They were a little too flashy for his taste. He wanted something simple that wouldn’t draw too much attention. He wasn’t sure if they would be going around telling everyone just yet. Suho seemed just as conflicted as he moved from case to case.

“Is there anything you’re looking for?” a woman finally asked.

“Just really simple wedding bands.”

“For men? They’re in this case over here if you’d like to have a look.”

The couple gathered there and looked in the case. Suho nodded some and looked to Kyungsoo.

“What do you think?”

“I like them,” Kyungsoo nodded.

“What style do you like? I want you to pick.”

“Why don’t you pick mine and I pick yours?” Kyungsoo suggested as he peered into the case.

“Alright,” the elder agreed, turning back to the case to look again.

After an hour, they had purchased rings and were hand in hand on the way to the courthouse. Kyungsoo held onto him tight, shaking just slightly.

“I’m scared…”

“We don’t have to do this,” Suho immediately said. “I don’t want to freak you out.”

“No. I want to.”

He nodded and pulled open the courthouse’s door to let him in. They approached the filing window and requested a form. Suho then filled it out as Kyungsoo waited quietly. He held their rings to his chest, biting his plump lips softly. Suho signed his name and then slid it over to the younger. Kyungsoo signed his name calmly. The elder then turned in the form and got out his wallet, paying the fee. He then turned to Kyungsoo and took the rings from him.

He slipped the ring onto Kyungsoo’s ring finger. It was a simple silver band with a single oval cut sapphire in the center. “Hi Kim Kyungsoo. It’s nice to meet you,” he smiled softly.

Kyungsoo blushed some and smiled a little. He then took Suho’s ring and slipped it onto his finger. It was also a simple silver band but it had a square cut topaz in the center. Kyungsoo then smiled up at him. “Hello Kim Suho, my husband.”

Suho kissed him. Kyungsoo hugged him tight, smiling.


BOOM.

Did I kill all of you? LOL When I was planning this out, I didn't originally intend for this to happen but then I figured it would bring a better element to the story. So, I hope you all like it :)

I know in Korea they don't usually take the other person's last name (or that's what I noticed in dramas) but I thought it'd be cute!

See you all in a week~