The Lodge

Comfort Guardian

They arrived at the lodge and Kyungsoo was amazed at the size of the place. It had just snowed the day before so it was piled up everywhere. He followed his friends into the lodge, carrying his bag. He was decked out in brand new snow gear, which Suho had dropped off at his house the day before. He stuck out in his all black attire, but he felt warm and he was happy as they got inside.

“So, Yixing and I will be in one room. The other rooms will be Kai and Luhan and Sehun and Kyungsoo,” Suho said, handing over room keys to the teens.

Kai shifted uneasily on his feet, not looking at Luhan. Kyungsoo had noticed that the two of them had been warming up to each other recently. He just smiled and followed Sehun up to their room.

“I’ll take this bed. That cool?” Sehun asked.

Kyungsoo nodded quietly. “That’s fine.”

“I thought Kai and I were gonna room together, but Suho had other plans…”

“Well, they are engaged. It makes sense that they should room together.”

Sehun merely shrugged and flopped onto his bed. Kyungsoo unpacked lightly and got out of the heavy coat. He put on a sweater and sat on the edge of his bed. He had never been alone with Sehun. He was getting nervous just sitting there. He began to curl his fingers in the hem of his sweater tightly and taking shorter and shorter breaths. He got his inhaler then and took a puff, which caused the other to look up some.

“You use an inhaler?”

“Y-yeah…” he admitted sheepishly, quickly putting it in his bag.

“Were you having an asthma attack or something? You didn’t make any sound.”

“I…uh…I just have to take a puff every so often.”

“Are you getting high off of it? That’s impressive.”

“I’m not,” the small boy pouted.

Sehun laughed some. “We should go look around or something. It’s boring in here. There should be a spa downstairs. I like the idea of a hot tub…”

“There’s a hot tub?”

“Haven’t you been to a lodge? Of course there’s a hot tub. There’s probably a pool and a spa too.”

“But it’s snowing. Why would people want that?”

“It’s not always winter, you know,” Sehun sighed. “I can’t believe you’ve never been to one.”

Kyungsoo just nodded softly. Sehun was up quickly and left the room without a word, leaving the smaller alone. He bit his lip and then got up, going to explore the hotel by himself. He carried his small bag that held his inhaler and room key with him as he walked around. He eventually found the spa like the younger man had mentioned. He glanced around and was shocked to see people in their bathing suits in the middle of winter. The short young man then headed into the lobby and looked around. He wasn’t really sure what to do here when he was alone. He actually had no idea what they would be doing the entire time.

“Kyungsoo,” came a happy call.

He turned and saw Suho. His cheeks immediately heated up some. He bit his lip and lowered his eyes some.

“H-hi Suho,” he said as the elder man got closer to him.

“What’re you doing down here?”

“I…I was, uh, just looking around…Sehun left earlier and I didn’t want to just sit in the room, so…” Kyungsoo stopped himself from continuing to babble, feeling embarrassed at sounding so unsure in front of the mature man. “I don’t really know what you do here.”

Suho chuckled. “Don’t worry. We’ll be doing stuff together almost all weekend. Right now is just settling in time. I was planning on telling everyone to meet in the lobby in about half an hour.”

“Well, here I am.” Kyungsoo blushed at how gung ho he came off. He immediately lowered his face.

The elder smiled softly. “Do you want to eat lunch, Kyungsoo?”

“Oh, uh, sure…I think everyone would like that.”

“I meant you and me. Right now.”

The small boy’s eyes bulged in surprise and Suho couldn’t contain a chuckle. He gave him a smile and then gently took Kyungsoo’s hand, making him jump some. Without a word, they walked to the lodge’s café and sat at a small table. The younger man was blushing and his heart was beating furiously. He gripped his bag tightly in his lap and reached for his inhaler quickly.

“Calm down, Kyungsoo. We’re just having lunch. Take a deep breath,” he encouraged.

Kyungsoo took deep breaths and he felt himself calm. He’d never been able to do that before. Usually his hyperventilating just escalated until he couldn’t breathe anymore. He smiled some and looked to the elder across from him.

“Thank you.”

“Order whatever you’d like to eat.”

Kyungsoo nodded quietly and looked at the small menu. He ended up ordering a salad and a pumpkin spice latte. The young man then looked at Suho, who was giving him a curious look.

“W-what is it?”

“I was just wondering why you always order salad and then not eat all of it,” the elder said, leaning his cheek into his palm.

“I…I don’t eat very much is all.”

“Why is that? You’re near unhealthy I’d think. When you sent me your measurements, I was worried you were lying to save face, but you really are that small.”

Kyungsoo lowered his head. “I-I’m sorry…”

The brunet shook his head. “Why are you apologizing? I was just asking you an honest question. I’m worried about your health.”

The smaller blushed some. “R-really? No one’s ever told me I’m too skinny…I lose my appetite easily so I don’t eat much. My doctor told me it’s due to my anxiety problems.”

“Do you see a doctor a lot?”

They were brought their coffee and Kyungsoo immediately took a drink. He then nodded some. “I haven’t been in a while but I went a lot when I was little.”

“Do you have anxiety then?”

He nodded. “I do. I guess that’s what you’d call it.”

“How long have you had it?”

“Since I was a child. I have social anxiety…I think I’ve gotten better since I met Kai.”

Suho nodded some. “You must have had a lot of difficulty. You’re really good at hiding it. If Kai ever does anything that makes you have an attack, you let me know. I’ll punish him for it.”

Kyungsoo smiled and drank more of his latte. “Like I’ve said, I think I’ve gotten a lot better recently. I can actually talk to people with ease if I can open up. I mean, I started freaking out in the room with Sehun because I don’t know him well, but when I met Luhan, I adjusted pretty quickly. Maybe by the time I go for college, I’ll be better.”

“You’re planning on going to college then? That’s great.”

“I want to,” Kyungsoo nodded, “but I probably won’t be able to afford it. I’m going to work for a year at least and then attempt to go back to school.”

“That’s unfortunate. What do you want to major in?”

“Music,” the smaller said sheepishly. “I really like singing, so I wanted to major in music. I could be a teacher or something.”

“Are you in the choir?”

“Y-yeah, I am. I do the solos most of the time actually.”

“Is that so? That’s really cool. I’m surprised that doesn’t cause you to have panic attacks.”

“You’re right.” The young man thought hard for a moment. “Actually, I’ve never been nervous to perform my solos. I guess it’s the one thing that doesn’t scare me.”

“That’s really great,” Suho grinned. “Invite me to your next performance.”

Kyungsoo felt himself blush and agreed just as their food was brought. He felt incredibly flattered that Suho wanted to see him sing. He hoped he wasn’t terrible, but every time he preformed he felt amazing.

They chatted over their meal and Kyungsoo actually found that he was hungry enough to finish his entire salad. He even took a couple of fries from Suho when offered. They were having a good time, laughing and talking until Kai appeared with Sehun in tow.

“I was looking for you guys,” he said, eyeing them a little suspiciously.

Kyungsoo tried not to make eye contact. Suho merely shook his head and looked to Kai.

“We were having lunch. Sehun ditched Kyungsoo and he was all alone, so I thought I’d give him some company.”

“You ditched Kyungsoo?!” Kai immediately yelled, turning on Sehun in an instant.

The two sitting down couldn’t hide their chuckles as the two taller boys got into an argument. Once they were finished with their squabble, Kai turned back to them.

“Luhan wants to go snowboarding. Come with us.”

Kyungsoo looked over at Suho. He smiled and gave him a nod, calling for the check. The short young man got up then. He thanked Suho for lunch.

“You’re welcome,” he grinned, getting up then. “Do you know how to snowboard?”

The smaller’s eyes widened some. He then shook his head. “No.”

“Ski?”

“N-no…”

Suho chuckled some. “I’ll teach you while the others have fun.”

Kai huffed some. “Don’t be so happy, hyung.”

The elder shook his head. “Shush, Kai. I’m just helping your friend out.”


I know I said Friday but I'm in a good mood because I'm pretty sure I passed my exams today and I only studied for ten minutes lol I felt like spoiling my lovely readers.

And so the Sudo finally begins! It's only going to get better :D Now, I probably will post at least one more chapter this weekend