Missed You

Comfort Guardian

Kyungsoo never got a text back from Suho so he figured that meant their friendship, relationship, whatever it was they had, was over. He attended school and tried to focus on his studies but his mind was heavily distracted by his love. He felt depressed most of the time and began having panic attacks for no reason when he was alone. Some days he didn’t even eat and he began to look even thinner than he already was.

Luhan called him over a few weeks later. He sat Kyungsoo down on the couch and was quiet a moment, taking in his appearance.

“Kyungsoo, are you alright?” he finally asked.

“I’m fine…I’ve just been under the weather lately.”

“Did you ever talk to Suho?”

The small boy shook his head. “No…He hasn’t sent me any messages. I don’t think he wants to see me anymore.”

“You should try to contact him.”

“No. I don’t want to bother him. It doesn’t matter. We can’t be together anyways. I’m a boy.”

“Kyungsoo, you have to fight for who you love!”

“Why? It doesn’t matter what I do. I’m a boy. He has to marry a girl and carry on their family. Even if he could marry a boy, I’m the last thing they would consider.”

“Kyungsoo, stop it! You’re worthy of Suho more than ten fold! Stop being so negative about yourself!”

Kyungsoo didn’t feel like arguing and just put his head down. Luhan was ready to give him a piece of his mind when Kai came in, having returned from his classes. He was surprised to see his friend.

“Kyungsoo? I barely recognized you. How have you been?”

“I’ve been alright. I’m sorry I came over unannounced. I was just stopping by.” He got up quickly and headed for the door. “Bye, Luhan.”

Kai looked from Kyungsoo leaving to Luhan, who seemed upset. He sat down beside him and gave him a gentle kiss.

“What’s wrong, Luhannie? You seem upset.”

“I’m just worried about Kyungsoo…”

“He didn’t look so good. Do you know what’s been up with him?”

“He’s not doing well, I think. He won’t admit it though. He seems thinner than before.”

“Do you know what’s wrong?”

“He’s in love and it’s not working out.”

“Really? Kyungsoo is in love? With who? Being in love can make you like that?” Kai asked quickly.

“Sometimes when you’re so in love with someone, that’s all you can think about. And when that person isn’t paying you any mind, you become really upset and nothing matters anymore. So you won’t eat and you feel sick. All you do is hurt.”

Kai put his arms around Luhan. “It sounds like you speak from experience…”

The Chinese boy leaned into him. “Mhm. I did for a little while…I watched gege experience it too. I’m really surprised he got together with Sehun so quickly after that. But I never experienced it like Kyungsoo is. I’m really scared for him.”

“Why doesn’t he just be with this guy then? Did they already reject him?”

“No. He’s afraid to tell him how he feels.”

“What? He should just do it! It’ll make him feel better at least.”

“It’s not only that. He’s scared of what others will say.”

“Who cares? He should be happy.”

Luhan sighed some and gave him a light kiss. He then decided to poke around for some ideas. “How would you feel if one of our friends dated Suho?”

“That’d be weird. He’s my brother. You don’t date your friends’ brothers.”

“Why not? Then you could be related.”

“It’s weird. Hyung should be with someone perfect. He can’t be with just anyone. He’s too good for most people.”

“What if you found out Suho was dating one of our friends and he didn’t tell you?”

“I’d be mad! He’s a little too old to date someone our age anyways.”

“He’s only 23, Kai.”

“That’s five years. I’m sure he could find plenty of people to be with around his age.”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “You’re really dumb sometimes.”

Kai was going to ask him what he meant by that but Suho had just come in, looking exhausted. He greeted the two young men. Kai went to go do something and Luhan looked directly at his brother-in-law.

“Suho.”

“Yes, Luhan?”

“Why haven’t you contacted Kyungsoo?”

“What?” the elder said quickly, staring straight at the Chinese boy.

“I know that you and Kyungsoo have been…spending time together. Why haven’t you talked to him?”

“I’ve been so busy…How did you know? Is something wrong with Kyungsoo?”

“You should see him. He…misses you. Please see him soon. I know working and doing the marriage meetings is bad, but still…”

The elder nodded. He headed to his room and checked his phone, finding the message from Kyungsoo that he had somehow missed. He quickly texted him back.

I’ve been so busy. I should have told you. I’m so sorry. Are you alright?

The elder waited for a text. When no response came, he tried to relax by watching some TV. He kept checking his cell phone every few minutes to see if Kyungsoo had responded. He sighed when he didn’t get a response by the time it was time for him to go to bed. As he lay in bed, he sent Kyungsoo another text.

You must think I’ve been a complete these last few weeks. I’m really sorry. I miss you, Kyungsoo. Please forgive me.

He tossed his phone away from himself and covered his eyes in frustration. He’d really messed up with the younger. He could only imagine how terrible he’d made him feel. He didn’t want Kyungsoo to be upset with him. Suho wanted to see him so much but he hadn’t been able to get out of the meetings no matter how much he tried. His phone vibrated a moment later and he scrambled to get it. It was a message from Kyungsoo.

I want to see you

Suho took a deep breath. He needed to control his crazy love for Kyungsoo. He immediately got out of bed and redressed, pulling on some track pants and a t-shirt. He put on a sweatshirt and left out the front door without a word, alarming Kai who was unused to his brother going out late. He drove quickly and arrived at Kyungsoo’s home not long after. He got out of the car and leaned against the side as he sent him another text.

Come outside

Kyungsoo peeked out his window and saw Suho standing beside his car. He ran downstairs as quickly and quietly as he could, almost tripping on the stairs. He pulled open the door and sprinted to Suho. As he got close though, he nearly stopped, unsure what he should do when he reached the other. He didn’t have to figure it out because Suho grabbed him and pulled him close, kissing him. Kyungsoo eagerly returned it, putting his arms around his neck. Suho’s hands immediately held the smaller’s narrow hips and he quickly pulled away from the kiss.

“You’ve lost weight. That’s not good.”

Kyungsoo immediately burst into tears. “I thought you didn’t want to see me…”

“Why did you think that?”

“B-because we had …”

Suho squeezed him into a hug. “No. Never. I’ve just been so busy. I take it you know…That my father wants me to get married. Luhan told me that you needed to see me.”

“I didn’t want to be pushy…”

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. This is all my fault.”

Kyungsoo just kissed him again and Suho held him tight. They pulled back a moment later and blushed. They really were acting like a couple. Kyungsoo wanted to tell him he loved him but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. He just settled with hugging the elder tightly.

“How’s school going?” the elder asked, gently nuzzling the young man’s hair.

“It’s good. I auditioned for the school choir and got in. We’re doing a show in a few months.”

“That’s great. I’m sure you’ll do excellent. Tell me the day so I can attend.”

“How’s work?”

“Horrible. My father officially hired me a few weeks ago so I have to do about double the work I was doing before. Then attend those arranged marriage dates and have to listen to these girls talk about how privileged they are and so on and so forth. I don’t think one of them has said one nice thing about me. Am I boring or ugly or something? Is it that hard to compliment me?”

“You’re wonderful. You’re sweet, thoughtful, mature, smart, and hot,” Kyungsoo said without a thought.

“You think I’m hot?”

Kyungsoo immediately blushed. “Is that really all you heard?”

“No,” Suho chuckled. “I think you’re wonderful too.”

“I missed you.” The smaller said it after a moment, hiding his face in his chest gently.

Suho tilted Kyungsoo’s chin up with his fingers and pressed a kiss to his lips. “I missed you too.”

They talked to each other for a while, curled in one another’s arms, leaned up against Suho’s car. Finally, Kyungsoo pulled away and looked apologetic.

“I have class tomorrow. I should get to bed.”

“Okay. I’m glad you’re having fun. I promise we’ll get together soon, alright? Maybe have a repeat of last time.”

Kyungsoo blushed a little and nodded, pressing a sweet kiss to the taller’s lips. They said good night to one another and Suho went home. The shorter watched him drive off and stood outside until he could no longer see his car. He then headed up to his room and had the most peaceful sleep in months.

-------------x------------

Kyungsoo didn’t get to see Suho until his first college choir performance. He waved at him some from his place on the stage and Suho just gave him a warm smile. The young man blushed a little and grinned, unable to contain his happiness. After he had performed, Suho took him out to dinner. While they were eating, flowers were delivered to their table.

“What are these for?” he asked.

“I wanted to surprise you. I thought Kai might be there so I waited until we got here to have them delivered.”

“You’re so sweet. I really don’t deserve these flowers.”

“You deserve the world, Kyungsoo.”

The younger blushed hard and set his flowers on one side of the table. He couldn’t stop blushing due to the look Suho was giving him. He was totally and completely in love with the elder. He just kept chickening out on saying it.

“Do you want to come over tonight?”

“Come over?”

“To my house. I’m going to visit after this. I can say we ran into each other on the way there.”

“Do you not live at home?”

“Ah, no. I moved out about a week ago into my own apartment. I was going to tell you we could meet up there from now on, but I haven’t had time. I’ve seriously been running ragged lately.”

Kyungsoo smiled. “I guess I can go visit for a while.”

The elder grinned. “Great. I’m sure Kai and Luhan would love to see you.”

-------------x------------

When they arrived at Kai’s home, Luhan gave Kyungsoo the all knowing look. He just smiled and tried to downplay it. He took a seat on the couch while Suho went to greet his parents. He and Luhan chatted about his performance when Yixing passed by with some boxes.

“Yixing, you’re still here in Korea?” the wide eyed young man said in surprise.

“Yes. I decided to stay behind with Luhan for Sehun.”

“But don’t you have to go back and carry on your family line? You are first born.”

“Yes, I am. But I don’t want to give up on the love I found here. I think being in love is more important than the duty to your family. A lot of people wouldn’t agree with me but I can’t bring myself to give Sehun up. We’re actually moving in together this weekend.”

“Wow! That’s really brave of you. I hope you two will be happy.”

“Me too. There’s nothing better than being in love.”

Yixing disappeared down the hall to go pack. Kyungsoo thought about what he said. He had been right. The younger considered telling Suho his true feelings once again. Every time he saw Suho though he chickened out and couldn’t bring himself to do it. He was 90% sure that the elder felt the same but he was still worried that he didn’t. When Suho returned from seeing his parents, he didn’t look as happy as earlier. Kyungsoo didn’t ask him what was wrong and Suho dropped him off at his home, saying he could see the apartment next time. The smaller agreed and took his flowers inside, placing them in the spot where the old ones used to be.


And here is my promised update because I love you guys :)

We're at 95 subscribers now~ Almost caught up with my Articles of Love subscribers! That makes me really happy!

This was a long chapter because I decided to couple the last two sections into this one to make a long chapter. The next chapter will be long too and will finally bring what everyone has been waiting for :D

Also, lots of you asked for the Kailu accompanying oneshot so I will put it on my list of things to write! I'm really happy that so many showed interest. Unfortunately I have many things on my list to write but hopefully I'll be able to get it out real quick since most of the story is already written as reference! But I hope that little Kailu scene in the middle was enjoyable :)

I also like showing Suho's side of things and regret I haven't done it more in the story.

Anyways~ I sure do talk a lot here xD There will be another week break of updates and then I will come back with a great chapter! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and see you then! :)