Apart

Comfort Guardian

Kyungsoo had managed to make it home and explain away why he had never come home the night before. He and Suho didn’t discuss what had happened that night and Kyungsoo found himself thinking about it more often than not. Their meet ups went back to the way they were and the time when Kyungsoo began college quickly approached.

He loved college. He was having such a great time and couldn’t stop talking about it when he texted Suho and even when they met up. The elder was delighted for him though and would merely smile at him.

The short young man was texting Suho to ask what time they would meet up. He had been thinking about asking if they could have again. He sent him a small text to ask what the plans were. After some time, he got a message back.

I can’t meet up today. I’m sorry. We can meet up next time as planned

Kyungsoo was disappointed. His heart actually hurt a lot at being told that Suho wasn’t going to spend time with him.

The situation didn’t get better. As the weeks passed, Suho began to cancel his plans with the younger and even stopped texting him. After he had cancelled for the third time on their meet ups, Kyungsoo was beginning to think that the elder was upset with him. He spent a lot of time thinking about Suho and being upset that he hadn’t spoken to the other in some time.

He found himself at Kai and Luhan’s house, wanting to talk with Luhan. Luhan greeted him and let him in, telling him Kai wouldn’t be home from school for a while.

“That’s okay. I wanted to talk to just you.”

“Oh, okay. What did you want to talk about? You seem kind of depressed lately…”

“I…uhh…I have something I want to talk to you about.”

“Fire away!” Luhan chimed, sitting down on the couch.

Kyungsoo joined him and tried to think of a way to approach the topic lightly. “Umm…if your best friend dated your brother, how would you feel?”

“Well, my best friend isn’t dating my brother. Sehun is dating my brother. Because my brother is apparently crazy.”

“Okay, let’s say, we’re Kai. What if your best friend dated Suho? How would Kai feel?”

“I’d probably be really pissed. You know how he is. Why? Is someone dating Suho?”

“N-no…well, uhh…” Kyungsoo’s face flushed some.

“Explain,” Luhan said then.

“I…I’m in love with Suho. I’ve been in love with him since we went to the lodge. We’ve been hanging out in secret for a really long time because we know it’ll make Kai mad.”

“Well, it sounds like you’re just friends. But you want to be more?”

“We…we’ve kind of had .”

“You had ?! When?!” the Chinese boy cried.

“Uhh…the night you guys got married?” he said nervously. “It just kind of happened. That’s the only time. But…lately he hasn’t been talking to me and we haven’t seen each other. I’m afraid he doesn’t like me anymore. I don’t know what to do. I feel stupid and upset and I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m in love with Suho. I don’t want to tell him and ruin what we have and I don’t want to ruin my friendship with Kai.”

Luhan was shocked and just a little appalled but he was mostly upset for his friend. He sighed some and looked at him. Kyungsoo began to cry, unable to control his emotions anymore. Luhan hugged him and rubbed his back lightly.

“It’s okay, Kyungsoo. I’m sorry you’ve gotten into this situation. I think you should tell Suho how you feel. If you don’t, you’ll just destroy yourself. If you and Suho can work out, you’ll just have to face Kai. I could try to break it to him if you want.”

“No. I’ll do it. I guess you’re right. I’ll just have to talk to Suho. If I can get him to meet me…”

“I’ve heard he’s been pretty busy,” Luhan informed him.

Kai entered then, greeting Kyungsoo. He looked tired from all his dance practice. He flopped onto the couch. Luhan brought him some water like a good wife and sat beside him. He pressed a kiss to his cheek and then decided he could use his husband to get some information.

“Kai, do you know where Suho has been lately?”

“Hyung? He’s had to attend arranged marriage meetings.”

“What?”

“As soon as we got married, dad started setting him up for arranged marriage meetings. I guess he was waiting til I got married off to get Suho married off too. He’s met with quite a few people already. He works all day and then ends up having to go to these meetings.”

Kyungsoo felt his chest filling with panic. He felt incredibly upset at the news. No wonder the elder hadn’t been talking to him or seeing him. He had no time for Kyungsoo. He was going to get married. That was the most upsetting part. Suho was going to get married and leave him. They wouldn’t spend time together anymore. They probably would stop talking. Their lives would become separate. Kyungsoo’s hopes, dreams, and future wouldn’t be important anymore. He had to control the emotions that were welling up inside him. He thanked Luhan for his help and went home. He sent Suho a text.

Maybe we shouldn’t meet up anymore. It seems like you’re too busy for me. I don’t want to inconvenience you. I had a lot of fun

He worked on his homework quietly and attempted not to cry. He couldn’t bear to lose Suho. He was so hopelessly in love with him. He’d given him all of his firsts. He knew people said first love didn’t always work out but he couldn’t imagine being without Suho.


And the angst/melodrama returns...I'm sorry!! I don't like it either! But unfortunately it is necessary to move the plot. Also this is the shortest chapter but if I put it together with any other scenes I didn't feel it would mean as much.

Look forward to the next chapter because I will update again this weekend! I actually just wanted to post this because I realized it's the one month-aversary of when I started posting Comfort Guardian!

Happy one month-aversary!!!

(Yes, I am a nerd lol)

Also, quite a few of you guessed that the room next to them was Kailu. I wanted to leave it to the imagination haha If I have some time, I may write an accompanying oneshot that's Kailu focused. I'd like to write a oneshot that basically covers everything that happens with them during the course of this story but if no one is interested in that, I can just write their wedding night as a bonus chapter xD

Anyways, so much writing going on here at the end! I'll see you again tomorrow or the day after with one more update! Thank you all for reading and subscribing and leaving comments! I love comments, so feel free to leave more! Have a lovely weekend! :)