Future Wife and Lunch

Comfort Guardian

This chapter has not been proofed so if you see any errors, I'm sorry x.x


“Why did you bring me here?” he asked nervously.

“I already told you. I have to meet my future wife,” the taller said, walking briskly ahead of him.

The shorter followed quickly, holding his bag close to his chest nervously. He kept looking around. They were in one of the nicest hotels in Seoul. He felt like if he touched anything, he might be fined. They finally reached the lobby and took a seat in the plush seats.

“Kai, I really don’t want to be here,” he said, clutching his bag tightly.

“Kyungsoo, calm down. It’s not that big a deal. It’s a real short meeting. I just have to greet him,” the other said, smiling a little.

“Isn’t it kind of weird that I’m here?”

“You’re my friend. Just calm down. It’s totally fine.”

Kyungsoo nodded and went quiet. Kai relaxed in his chair, pulling out his phone and texting others. A moment later, they were approached by a small group of people who were all nicely dressed. He put his phone away and smiled up at them.

“Kim Kai?” said a short male with a dimple.

“Yes. Hello. I take it you must be the Zhangs,” he said, getting up and bowing.

“I’m Yixing. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

The family exchanged bows and then exchanged business cards. Kyungsoo sat in his chair quietly, trying to be unnoticeable.

“Hello Kyungsoo,” a voice said.

He looked up quickly, jumping some. Another man smiled down at him and he calmed some since he knew him. “H-hi Suho.”

Suho smiled before he approached the large group. He shook hands and bowed as he met the family. Kyungsoo began to wonder who Kai’s bride was. Kai was the second son of a corporation and his parents had arranged for him to get married. Despite that he was only 18, he didn’t have a say in it. Kai had taken it pretty easy but Kyungsoo figured he was actually quite upset. The other didn’t take orders easily.

“This is Luhan,” Yixing said then.

Kai came face to face with a slightly shorter male with a pretty face. He looked at the other with a disapproving gaze. Kai frowned some.

“Nice to meet you,” he finally said.

“I guess,” Luhan then said.

Kyungsoo sighed. He knew this was not going to go well.

 -------------x------------

After the Zhang family had departed, Kai was not in a good mood. Kyungsoo had a feeling that they would not be going shopping like they had planned. Suho squeezed his shoulder gently.

“Would you guys like lunch?”

Kyungsoo silently accepted the offer. They went into the hotel’s restaurant and were seated in a booth. Kai was silently texting, his unpleasant mood written across his face. Suho merely shook his head and handed a menu to Kyungsoo.

“Order whatever you’d like. It’s on me.”

Kyungsoo nodded, looking over the menu. He felt his legs shake a little. He always got nervous when Suho was around.

Suho was Kai’s elder brother by a few years. He was already planning on taking over the company and was working as an intern there underneath his father. He was kind and calm most of the time. He was extremely mature, which often made Kai annoyed. Kai was frequently compared to his elder brother which angered him. He often lashed out at the elder and they had a strained relationship. Kyungsoo blamed quite a bit of it on Kai since the times he had met Suho, the other seemed to be a caring older brother who did his best to maintain a good relationship with the younger. Kyungsoo really liked Suho.

He finally selected a salad. Suho ordered for him and Kai since the younger refused to even look at the menu. Once they were done with that, Suho turned to the smaller male.

“How have you been, Kyungsoo?”

“I-I’ve been good…I’m sorry I came today.”

“That’s alright. I’m sorry Kai dragged you along. Sometimes he’s a little inconsiderate. I’m sure you had plans.”

“We were just going shopping. It’s no big deal,” he quickly defended.

Suho gave a small smile. He then snatched Kai’s phone from his hands.

“Suho! Give it back!” he yelled.

Suho sighed some. “It’s rude to sit at the table and just use your phone. Please have a conversation with us.”

Kai frowned. “Fine. May I please have my phone back?”

Suho handed it back over gently. Kai put the phone in his pocket and crossed his arms, still frowning.

“Who were you texting anyways? Kyungsoo is sitting right beside you. He’s your best friend.”

“He’s not my only best friend,” the younger said immediately. “I was texting Sehun.”

“Ah, Sehun…” Suho looked over to Kyungsoo. “What’s he like? I haven’t had the opportunity to meet him.”

The smallest bit his plump lips before he quietly responded. “I don’t know him either…”

Suho sighed some. “I see.”

They fell into silence and Kai ended up back on his phone. Kyungsoo was quiet, running his fingers over his napkin and scrunching it up. He often couldn’t keep his hands still when he was uncomfortable. Their food was brought to them then. Kai ate what he’d been given and Kyungsoo knew it was because it was his favorite. He really didn’t see how Suho was a bad brother. Kyungsoo ate a little but mostly stirred his salad around. He didn’t eat much most of the time. After they were finished, Suho paid the bill, signing on the line when they returned with his card.

“I’ll see you at home, Kai. Nice seeing you, Kyungsoo,” he said then before departing.

“B-bye…” Kyungsoo said.

Kai looked over at Kyungsoo then. “I don’t feel like shopping anymore. Sehun and I are gonna go drink. Do you want to come?”

“No…thanks.”

“See you later.”

Kai left without another word and the smaller found himself alone. He got up, taking his bag with him and headed home.

 -------------x------------

Kyungsoo was a lonely boy. He had trouble talking to people and his wide eyes often scared others. He was quiet and small with an almost unnoticeable presence. His only friend was Kai. He wasn’t rich or famous. He only attended the same school as Kai because he had a scholarship and he had become friends with the other due to having a few classes together. Even then, he thought Kai only had him around because he didn’t argue with him and often just tagged along. Even though he hung out with the other, he still didn’t fit in. So the only person he had was Kai. But recently Kai had begun hanging out with a new friend named Sehun and Kyungsoo was often left out. Today had been the first time he’d been invited to come along but Kyungsoo was afraid to meet Sehun. He hadn’t sounded like the best person.


And this is the beginning of this story. I'm still writing it but I have a good chunk as a buffer to put up. I hope everyone likes it. This story has grown dear to my heart even though it started out as a simple contest entry, but I think that's what makes it even more special