chapter 002

Baby Steps

Baby Steps - Chapter  Two

“Good morning Camellia.” I smiled.

The little girl sat in bed with a poker face on. I frowned. This was gonna be harder then it seems. I walked over with my arms out. “Come on Camellia, you have to get up and get dressed. Do you want to wear a dress today?”

I sat down next to her, she remained silent. I sighed and pulled out my phone. Kris was it? Was that his name? Probably.

I looked up his tag on tumblr, forget google images! Tumblr’s images are spot on!

I showed her a picture of Kris. “Come on, don’t you want breakfast with daddy?” I asked.

Camellia reached for my phone, she touched the screen. I shook my head. “No Camellia, that’s just a picture. Don’t you want to have breakfast with daddy?” I asked again.

She looked at me with her shy eyes and shook her head as she dropped my phone on her fluffy blanket.

I tilted my head. “Why not?”

She looked at me with eyes full of fear. My heart started aching, she was afraid of her own father.

I nodded and put my phone back in my pocket. “Then do you want to have breakfast with me? Just me and you? Maybe Sehun?” I pointed to my chest then hers.

Camellia gave me a little smile and nodded.

 

I smiled back and picked her up, setting her on the floor, she wobbled over to her closet.

I chuckled as I opened her closet up. I almost passed out. What is this little girl doing with all these brand names? She has Gucci dresses. D&G jeans. Jordans! Converse of all different colors! IS THAT A $400 DOLLAR DKNY T-SHIRT?

I stood there in awe as I looked around. What the…Oh right, her daddy’s a designer.

I took a deep breath as I looked around. I jumped a little as I heard a car door slam. I looked over and peeked out the window. Kris was back, I scoffed. Who wears Jordans with a black suit? I shook my head. He’s only nineteen after all…

I walked over and looked in her closet. “Do you want to match with daddy?” I asked.

She looked over at me and frowned.

“It’ll make him really happy.” I said.

Camellia nodded before pointing to a dress.

“It’s a little cold today; let’s go with black jeans, matching shoes with daddy and this t shirt…okay?”

Camellia smiled and nodded.

I dressed her and put her brown locks into two pony tails. “Aww, you look so cute!” I cooed.

Confused, she touched her pony tails. I laughed as I picked her up. “What? Chanyeol never tied your hair up for you?”

 

 

I walked down the stairs with her in my arms. Boy, she was tiny as a two year old. Camellia rested on my hip as I walked around the kitchen. At one point, she put her arms around my neck.

“Hm? What’s wrong?” I asked quietly. I turned around and Kris had walked in.

Kyungsoo was busy making him coffee. I could hear them talking.

“I’ve never seen Camellia so comfortable with someone she met on the first day.” He chuckled.

“Who’s that brunette chick?” Kris whispered.

“Claire, she’s the girl you hired stupid. Go say hi.” Kyungsoo said as he dropped two sugar cubes in his coffee.

 

 

Camellia froze as Kris walked over. “Why ya so stiff?” I whispered.

Kris tapped my shoulder. I turned around and was surprised; he wasn’t that much taller then. I looked at his hair and wrinkled my nose.

“Ew dude, you need a touch up. Those roots…” I made this grossed out face.

Camellia covered as she giggled silently; Kyungsoo flipped out and started laughing. “Haha! She’s a keeper.” He thumbed me up.

Kris rolled his eyes. “So…Claire, right?”

I nodded before turning to Camellia. “Are you going to say hi to daddy?” I asked.

She slowly held her hand up and waved it slightly before dropping it down. Camellia turned away. Kris only nodded silently.

I sighed. Why was she so scared of him? I watched as Sehun walked in with his camera, I put Camellia down. “Go ask Sehun to take pictures, okay?”

I smiled as Camellia waddled her way over to Sehun with her arms up. “Okay, what’s up?” I turned back to Kris.

“Um, you can ask Chanyeol about what time she naps and stuff. Her likes and dislikes and stuff like that. I suppose you already got your stuff here right?”

I nodded. “Why don’t you tell me what Camellia likes and dislikes?” I asked. “You’re your father after all.” I said.

He shrugged. “I don’t know any of this stuff. I’m busy.” Kris mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. “You don’t make time for your own daughter?”

Kris rolled his eyes. “I can’t, I’m busy okay?” He snapped before walking away.

 

 

I shook my head as I picked up Camellia. “Let’s go ask Chanyeol about you, how about that?”

 

 

“She really likes fruits, watermelon, strawberries, cherries, mangos, honey drew…berries. Stuff like that. Camellia hates celery, don’t make her eat it.” Chanyeol chuckled. "She’ll hate you."

We talked quietly, Camellia had fallen asleep in my arms while we were talking.

“She’s just like Kris; she hates most vegetables with the exception of tomatoes and broccoli.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“It’s as if Kris and Camellia are strangers.” I whispered.

“Kris has never spent him with Camellia…after she started walking Kris just stopped all connection. He started to tell me to look after her …he got into business more. He started designing more…he started his own clothing line and everything.” Chanyeol explain. “He even missed her first birthday.”

I frowned. “Her birthdays in a few months, I don’t think she’d like it if he missed that too.”

Chanyeol leaned back. “I don’t know, I don’t think he’ll give in and spend him with her. He’s so into designing, he doesn’t even realize he has a family to take care of.” He said.

I nodded. “What if…What if I got them together? It shouldn’t be that hard. It doesn’t seem right, a father who wouldn’t touch his own daughter? This is stupid, I’d do something…I don’t know yet but I’ll do something.” I mumbled. “I want them together…I don’t want Camellia to grow up without a father.”

“That’s impossible.” Chanyeol shook his head. “Kris would never give in. He’s so nice to all of us but so distant to his daughter.” He frowned. “It makes me sad.”

“Then it’s up to us to get them together. I’ll lock them in a room for twenty four hours if I need to.” I said.

He laughed. “You’re really attempting this? This is like mission impossible.”

“Challenge accepted.” I grinned. 


You can do it Claire! 

Comment!