chapter 012

Baby Steps

Baby Steps - Chapter  Twelve

Claire came running into the living room with Sehun; Kris jumped up and almost smacked Camellia in the face.

“Oof! Oh gosh! Hi baby!” Kris sat up and smiled. “Hi.” He turned to Claire and Sehun and raised an eyebrow. “Guys?”

Camellia reached to touch his black locks and gasped. “Daddy’s hair!”

Kris smiled widely when he noticed that her vocabulary was beginning to expand. “Y-Yes, I got it dyed. Do you like it?” He asked.

Claire stared at the black haired beauty sitting on the couch. She was almost thankful that he got his hair done because his new color was gorgeous.

Sehun turned to her. “Claire? Aren’t we gonna hide from Luhan?”

She squirmed away from her touch. “Erh, actually…Camellia it’s bath time. Are you ready?” She walked over and picked the little girl up. Camellia couldn’t stop looking at her father’s new hair. He looked like a completely different person.

“Do you like daddy’s hair? I like it too.” Claire complimented. She looked over. “Come with me.”

Sehun nodded to himself and walked down the hall in silence. “I…I have something to do.” He mumbled.

 

Kris stood by the bathroom door and scratched his head. “Claire?”

Claire pulled the t-shirt off Camellia’s head. “Daddy’s gonna help you take a bath today okay?”

The little girl completely blew her off when she ignored her; her eyes were focused on the pink rubber ducky Xiumin had gotten her a few days ago. She giggled when it squeaked.

Claire pulled the skirt off Camellia and gawked when she realized it was Gucci. “And…And then Daddy can make bubbles with you, you like bubbles right? Camellia? Were you listening?”

 

Kris gulped. How do you bathe little kids?

 

“Gimme that…” Claire reached for rubber ducky and was only ignored again when she turned and ran around the huge bathroom.

Kris picked up his little girl and chuckled. “No running around in just your undies! That’s unladylike.” He set her in the tub and reached for the soap. “Do you want bubbles? Lots and lots of bubbles?”

“Yes!” Camellia threw her hands up in the air; it was something she did when she was excited. “Bubble!” She repeated Kris’s words. “Bubble!”

Kris laughed and nodded. “Bubble!”

 

Claire smiled and watched as they played with water and splashed each other with foam. She put Camellia’s towel down and walked over to Kris. She reached for his shirt; Kris stood up and turned around when she pulled his t-shirt off.

Claire flushed pink as at his pale chiseled chest. She tugged on his jeans. “This has to go too…”

“Huh?”

“What? You’ve never bathed with your lil girl?”

Kris held his shirt in his hands. “A-Ah…”

“I have this friend, Tao, he showers with everyone. Don’t think too much, it’s completely normal.” She said.

Claire reached to undo the button on his jeans and froze when she realized what she was doing. Putting her hands behind her back, she said “I-It’s something parents usually do when they have babies. I don’t see why not… You’re drenched anyway…” She leaned over. “Leave your boxers on…” She whispered before leaving the bathroom. “I’ll get you new clothes!”

 

She came back with a hoodie and some shorts. Claire didn’t mind when Kris wore suits, he looked great in them; but she preferred it when he dressed according to his age. The hell was a 19 year old walking around looking like a business man in his forties?! Okay well, Kris looked nowhere near forty but still, she liked it when he wore something simple and plain.

 

Claire walked into the huge bathroom a few minutes later; she heard the giggles and the laughs.

Kris sat in the tub next to Camellia while making bubbles with his hands. His dark hair was a mess and he was laughing and smiling, he looked so carefree. Camellia was giggling along and slapping her hands against the water causing it to splash everywhere. Claire eyed the sliver chain Kris always wore; there was something about the way the sliver necklace would contrast against his pale skin. She almost swore she felt a shiver run down her spine.

She held a ducky up. “Mommy come!”

 

Claire put his clothes down by the sink. “Maybe next time.” She chuckled.

 

 

“What’d you want to show me?” A confused Kyungsoo was being dragged down the hall. Luhan followed him with his camera ready.

“I got Kris to help Camellia take a bath; he ended up going in there with her. It was so cute!” Claire squealed.

Kyungsoo stood by the door and smiled his heart shaped smile. The scene itself was heartwarming. Luhan held his camera up and snapped a few pictures; Kris was standing by the mirror with a towel wrapped around his waist while Camellia stood on a stool next to him with her little pink towel around her. Kris was blow drying his hair while Camellia was combing her hair, not that she was succeeding at it, she was randomly smoothing the little comb over her damp locks. It was adorable.

Kyungsoo almost passed around when the two turned to each other and exchanged a smile.

“Daddy…I want some warm too!” Camellia pointed to the hair dryer.

Kris chuckled and turned it down to low before drying her hair for her. “Okay Camellia…”

 

Claire froze by the door, her eyes traveled from his chiseled chest and gleaming six pack she had missed earlier in the mirror’s reflection to his backside.

His glorious back; his shoulder blades were sculpted and his back dimples were so…hot. She noticed the little dip that was down the middle of his muscular back and almost choked on air. Kris had been working out lately hasn’t he?

 

Claire grabbed the frame of the door and bit her lip discreetly.

Oh my God. When did he become so attractive?