chapter 010

Baby Steps

Baby Steps - Chapter  Ten 

Kris heard the giggles.

He heard the laughs.

He heard Claire’s voice.

He heard Sehun’s.

He didn’t like that.

At all.

 

Kris hovered his hand over the door, should he barge in? Sehun worked so hard yesterday to get everything done and today is Claire’s day off.

He sighed and looked down at his daughter. “Camellia, what should I do?” He asked.

The little girl just held her hands up in the air. “Daddy!”

“Right…I shouldn’t disturb them.” He mumbled to himself before walking away.

Camellia stared at the giant doors. What was that? A movie theater he says? How come she’s never been there?

She squirmed around in his arms. “Daddy…Daddy…” That’s all she said.

Kris stopped. “Huh?”

Camellia pointed to the giant doors. “Daddy…”

He turned around. “But Sehun and Claire are in there…” He whispered. “Do you want to disturb Claire?”

“Mommy?” Camellia’s eyes lit up.

Kris stared at her for a few seconds; he finally realized that the ‘mommy’ she was referring to was no Cara but Claire. “A-Ah…”

She pouted and pointed to the doors. Kris sighed, how could he say no to that?

“Okay fine…but only if you give me a hug.” He held his arms out and let the little girl hug his neck. Camellia snuggled up in her father’s arms before pulling away as if she was saying “Show me the theater! I didn’t forget!”

Kris reluctantly opened the doors. “Claire?”

Sehun turned around. “Kris! Hey…wanna watch?”

Kris shook his head, he wasn’t a fan of scary movies, and he also wasn’t a fan of Claire being in Sehun’s arms.

Camellia ran up to Claire and simply gave her a hug before running out. Kris chuckled. “Okay see you guys later.” He tried his best not to sound hurt. He had to admit, although Claire and Sehun looked great together…he was convinced that she would look even better with him.

 

Kyungsoo eyed the frowning Kris who was in the kitchen. Camellia was too busy eating strawberries to notice the face her father had on.

“Whoa, slow down there strawberry monster!” Kyungsoo chuckled as he took a seat. “What’s wrong?”

“Huh? Hm? Oh nothing.” Kris sat up and tried his cup of coffee.

“It’s because of Sehun right? Aish…I told him not to kiss Claire…you must’ve seen it.”

Kris choked on his coffee. “PFT. WHAT.”

Kyungsoo nodded while feeding Camellia a strawberry. “Man they made out when she was sleeping.” He covered the little girl’s ears. “It was hot.” He whispered.

Kris wrinkled his nose. “Ugh…Day ruined.”

“And why? Do you like her?” Kyungsoo grabbed his heart. “Did you finally…move on?”

Kris furrowed his brows. “W-What? Why would you say something like that?!”

“Ah…so you do.” Kyungsoo grinned cheekily. “It’s cute. I’m glad you have someone who makes your heart pound.”

Kris shook his head. “I don’t like Claire.”

“Then why are you so concerned about the fact that she’s Sehun’s girlfriend?”

He shot his head up. “They’re…dating?!”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Well they wouldn’t make out for no reason now would they?”

Kris frowned. “Ugh…Mental note: stay the hell away from Kyungsoo when you’re in love.” He paused. Gasped. Then stared at Kyungsoo with wide eyes.

Kyungsoo too stared back with his eyes nearly out of the sockets. “OH MY GOD. DID YOU HEAR YOURSELF?”

Camellia jumped at the sudden commotion. “Ah!” She put her hands up in the air.

Kris slapped a hand over Kyungsoo’s mouth. “Holy crap shut up!”

“You.Like.Claire.” Kyungsoo said. He clapped. “My ship’s going to sail.”

“Huh?”

Kyungsoo stood up and slapped his arm. “Sehun and Claire aren’t a thing, at least that’s what I know. Get her before Sehun does, you need love more than that little prick anyway.”

"I just want someone to look at me the same way Luhan looks at Sehun!" He whined. 

Kyungsoo scoffed. "Someday Kris, maybe your wish will come true."

Kris turned around and sighed. “Camellia…” He turned to his daughter who was busy with her strawberries. “Help daddy out…”

 

Sehun looked over at Claire who was knocked out. “Five movies later and my Claire is passed out!” He chuckled and grabbed a blanket. He covered them up and rested his cheek on top of her head.

“I’m gonna do it…” He thought. “I’m gonna ask her out…soon.” Sehun mumbled.