chapter 021

Baby Steps

Baby Steps - Chapter  Twenty One

“Sehun!”

Kris runs up to him a couple days into their vacation. Claire is by the pool with Camellia and the rest of the guys while Sehun is standing by the water alone; he prefers the beach.

“Hyung.” He turns around. “Hey, what’s up?”

“We need to talk.” Kris says quickly. “I feel bad, you’ve always been there for me; supporting me when everyone said my career was a joke. You hung out with me in high school and helped me with so much.” He sighed. “You like Claire, don’t you? You’re so gloomy, you’ve been so sad for the past few weeks because you still like Claire…Why didn’t you confess?”

“Was I really the one who was there for you? I think it was you who was there for me; you stood up for me in middle school and killed off bullies in high school. You offered to help me with assignments and sat with me at lunch. You even showed me your artwork when you had fan girls who wanted to see them. Then after high school, when I didn’t know what I wanted to do for the rest of my life you helped me discover my love for the modeling industry. Then when no companies accepted me because of my age, you took me in and allowed me to recruit and judge models… You’re the reason why I actually have a career I enjoy today. Besides, it doesn’t matter if I like her…”

“H-Hm?”

“Because she’s in love with you, can’t you tell? I’ve seen the way that girl looks at you and the way you look at her, you guys have something nothing can replace. You finally moved on because of her, you started loving Camellia because of her. She’s done so much for you and you know it…Kris, you love her.”

“Sehun-ah…”

“Stop, don’t even. I’ll be fine, and I can’t believe you haven’t noticed the models I’ve been using for your new clothing line. Don’t you…see it? There’s this one model who keeps on coming back, and it’s not just because she’s pretty.” Sehun says.

Kris raises an eyebrow. “Is it that Minhee girl? Her profile is all over the pictures Luhan gives me… Oh my God, you found love and you didn’t tell me-“ He nudged his shoulder. “What a prick.”

Sehun laughed. “And just like how Claire helped you get over Cara…Claire’s my Cara and Minhee’s my Claire.” He leaned over. “Minhee makes amazing bubble tea too…”

Kris laughed. “Sheesh, why don’t you tell us this stuff? How long has it been? A month since the pictorials came out…”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Because if I did, the guys would tease me about it all the time. Have you seen them when you and Claire are together? Esh…” Then he nudges his arm. “Why don’t you bring Claire on a date or something? You guys never have free time together, and when you do Camellia is there. I’ll look after her; bring her to that fancy restaurant behind the spa.”

Kris turned to him. “I-I was…I was gonna do that.” He stumbled away yelling. “I-I’LL MAKE THE RESERVATION…LIKE NOW.”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Reservation? You own this place!”

“OH Y-YEAH.”

“What an idiot.”

 

Sehun walked towards the pool and pulled his shirt off before jumping in. Camellia giggled as she floated around the pool. Sehun splashed her a few times.  “You got a whole day with us kiddo!”

“Mommy too? Daddy?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Nah…Mommy and daddy should have a play date together shouldn’t they?”

“Guys I’m right here.”

“CHRIST.” Chanyeol almost choked on water as he fumbled to turn around in the water. “Oh um...”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes; he had a noodle wrapped around his waist as he circled the pool with a poker face. “This is gonna be a long day.”

Suho looked around as he took his goggles off. “Where did Kris go?”

“He probably got lost wondering around, this place is so big. I wonder if he even remembers where everything is.” Sehun says. Then he turns to Camellia. “Lil Miss. Wu, would you like to go to the beach?”

“Darfish?”

Sehun laughed as he climbed out of the pool. He reached in to grab Camellia. “Yes, there are starfishes too.”

 

Kyungsoo climbed out as well and ran after the two. “HEY I WANT TO CATCH STARFISH TOO.”

Suho rolled his eyes. “Watch, he’s gonna fall-“

“AW CRAP.”

Claire turned around to see Kyungsoo face down in the sand. She burst out laughing and stood up. “Kyungsoo! Are you okay?!”

Suho followed and ran over to the shorter male. “Christ, you just smashed a crab. Poor thing.”

Claire chuckled. “Let’s go, I wanna  find more crabs.”

 

***

“Hey guys what are you doing?” Kris came running towards them.

“Kris look!” Claire held up a little crab. “It’s a baby crab!”

Then you heard high pitch screaming.

“AHHHHHHHHH. OH MY GOD, CLAIRE NO GET THAT AWAY FROM MEEEEEE.” Kris ran as Claire walked towards him with the crabs in her hands.

“BUT KRIS THEY ARE SO ADORABLE.”

“NO, THE LAST TIME I PLAYED WITH A CRAB IT PINCHED MY OH MY- THAT WAS SO PAINFUL.”

Sehun watched them with a confused Camellia in his arms. “Yep, those are your parents alright…” Then he turned his attention back to the sand castle they were making. “Wanna put a shell here?”

Suho picked up a pink one. “Would you like this one Camellia? It’s pretty, like you.” He tapped the shell on the little girl’s nose and smiled when she giggled.

Kyungsoo stood in the middle, on his left were Sehun, Suho and Camellia who were busy making a castle while Kris and Claire were running after each other in a circle, on top of that, he had a bit of crab stuck to his forehead. When he turned to his right, he found Chanyeol passed out on top of a few rocks.  He stood there unimpressed and sighed. “Aigoo.”

 

A few hours later, the sun started to set and so everyone packed their stuff up and walked towards the penthouse Kris owned.

Suho reached for Camellia as Kyungsoo picked up all the pool noodles. Sehun gathered all the bottles of sunscreen while Kris had a bag of shells in one hand and Claire in the other.

 

Then you heard the notorious idiot Park Chanyeol screaming. “OH MY GOD- OW, OH…MY…OMO…I’M SUNBURNT.”

They all turned and looked to see Chanyeol freaking out on top of a bunch of rocks before falling into the water. He scrambled to his feet and grabbed the bottle of sunscreen. “WHAT..SPF 50? LIES…LIESSSS.”

“Oh so that’s where Camellia’s sunscreen went.” Sehun said.

Chanyeol’s eyes nearly popped out of his sockets. “C-CAMELLIA’S?” He turned the bottle around to see the label. “Baby Sunscreen. Ages 2 and up.” He face palmed then flinched at the pain. “A-Ack…”

 

Kris laughed. “Guys let’s go…”

“Can we go to that restaurant Kyungsoo mentioned?”

Chanyeol perked up. “THE ONE THAT GIVES OUT CRAYONS AND COLORING BOOKS?”

Claire raised an eyebrow. “Oh my, the sun fried his brain cells too…”

Chanyeol ran around the beach holding his head. “I’M SO BURNT I’M GONNA GO CRAZY.”  

 

When everyone settled into the penthouse, Kris seemed to get ready the fastest. He was out of the house within an hour.

Claire walked into her room and went straight to the bright pink box sitting on her bed.

 

Wear this

Get ready by 7:00

Meet me at the restaurant behind the spa

-Kris

 

Claire opened up the box to see a pair of earrings and a black lace dress, reading the tag it said;

K.WU – CLAIRE

 “Well, he is a designer after all.” She smiled. 

[a/n] aww he named a dress after her! 

heh, anyone ready to Klairis date night? ;)