Epilogue

Baby Steps

Epilogue

4 Years Later

 

FASHION DESIGNER KRIS WU RELEASES PICTORIALS OF DAUGHTER, CAMELLIA WU IN NEW CLOTHING LINE FOR KIDS! Read more>>

KRIS’S DAUGHTER TURNS SIX! CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT KRIS DID FOR HER!

BREAKING: KRIS WU CONFIRMED TO BE ENGAGED TO LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND, CLAIRE LEE

 

“Oh please, that engagement news is so old. It’s been like a year or two.” Joe shook his head. “Allkpoop strikes again.” He wrinkled his nose. “Is that it for Kris Wu news? Luhan called me so urgently too…” He cocked his head at his laptop screen. “What was it that I needed to see?”

Joe scrolled down the entertainment news website. “AWWW. LOOK AT THEM! RED VELVET I SEE…HOW CUTE, THEY’RE A NEW GROUP AREN’T THEY…WOW, I’M QUITE DISAPPOINTED THAT THEIR TITLE TRACK ISN’T NAMED CAKE OR SOMETHING.” Joe squealed at the pictures of the new girl group. “Oh look at dem baby faces.”

 

Then he gawked at the headlines at the side of the article.

 

Articles related to your history:

[CONGRATS] BREAKING: CLAIRE LEE CONFIRMED TO BE PREGNANT, IT’S A BOY!

KRIS AND CLAIRE WELCOME A NEW BABY BOY, HE’S GONNA BE A HEART BREAKER!

KRIS’S LITTLE BOY, LIAM TAKES HIS FIRST STEPS AT 14 MONTHS!

 

Joe screamed. “OH MY GOD…SHE WAS PREGNANT?” He fumbled with his phone as he called Claire. “THEY DID THE NASTY.”He screamed. Then he laughed as he imagined how Kai reacted to it.

 

What actually happened when the news came out:

“MOM OH MY GOD, CLAIRE IS PREGNANT.” Kai came screaming as he ran into the living room.

“Oh honey, just sit down…Good for her, she’s twenty three, has a nice job and a fiancé. I  can’t wait to meet my grandson or daughter!” She squealed.

“OH MY GOD SO THEY DID THE NASTY AND THEY…OH MY GOD. DIDN’T I SAY NO DATING UNTIL SHE’S 30?”

His mother wrinkled her nose. “No wonder you’re still single.”

“SHE LIED TO ME; THOSE PILLOWS WEREN’T FOR MAKING FORTS.”

His mother face-palmed. “Aigoo.”

 

Meanwhile

“CLAIRE…OH MY GOD, CLAIRE.”

“JOE, YOU’RE ALIVE?”

“YOU BET YOUR FINE I’M ALIVE.”

Then you heard Kris’s voice in the background. “Babe, Liam’s down for his second nap and I’m gonna go pick up Camellia from school okay?” Then you heard a kissy noise.

“Oh…was that Kris?” Joe asked.

Claire rolled her eyes. “Yeah, so what’s up?”

“I’m crying, I move to Boston for two years for school and you never even called me or told me your bum got pregnant and had a child named Liam I’m cry.”

Claire chuckled. “I’m busy with Camellia and…parenthood.” She chuckled. “And besides, I manage all of Kris’s shopping sites now; it’s a pain…especially when there are sales. Some idiot ordered like the whole store and I had to fill out all the forms before it got shipped to the states.”

“That idiot, was me.”

“….Oh my God, so were you the one who ordered that giant carrot plush toy?”

Joe chuckled. “It’s adorable. Although the question should be why the hell does Kris sell these things?”

“Um…it’s for children?”

“Anyway, before this convo gets real weird, I’m gonna come next week alright? I needa see you and the babies and Kris and his eyebrows, everything!”

Claire laughed. “Alright Joe.”

 

A week later

Joe dragged his luggage down the familiar road Kris’s mansion was located on. He stopped in the middle of the street when he saw Camellia, all grown up and all walking down the street with Kris. She held his hand and had her hair in pigtails. “Daddy look! Daddy look! It’s Joe!”

Kris looked up to see Joe with his fist in his mouth, and then he broke out into ugly sobs. “CAMELLIA?! IS THAT YOU? OH MY, YOU’RE ALL GROWN UP…I’M CRY, KIDS GROW UP SO FAST THESE DAYS…HOW OLD ARE YOU SWEETHEART?” He ran up to her and gave her a hug.

Kris laughed. “Hey Joe, it’s been a while. She turned seven a few months ago. Lemme guess, you’re here to meet my little man? Liam Wu?”

Joe stood straight up. “I needa see that little baller.” He said.

 

Claire ran into Joe’s arms when his sassy figure appeared in the hallways. “Oh my gosh! Joe!”

Joe chuckled and hugged her tightly. “Now show me the love child of you and Kris.”

She rolled her eyes and lead Joe into Liam’s room. She walked into his room to see Kris picking Liam up. “Babe…he was standing by himself in the crib.” He smiled cheekily. “Did you wanna see daddy that bad?”

Claire walked over and touched his cheeks. “Aw…you’re growing up so quickly aren’t cha? Aren’t cha? My little man took three steps yesterday, mommy’s so proud!” She cooed.

Joe clutched his heart when the little baby giggled. “Oh…Oh god, what is this feeling? FEELS.”

Liam looked over and stared at Joe. “Joe, come here.” Claire whispered.

 

Joe walked over to take a look at the little boy. “Omo…cheeks for days! Well aren’t you a cutie…” He smiled and waved hi. “You’re so handsome.” He smiled.

Liam giggled and covered his face.

Kris held him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Oh look at you, you know you’re cute don’t you? Don’t you?”

Again Liam just simply giggled.

“Kiss mommy, Liam.” Kris said.

Joe watched as the little boy leaned over to press his lips against Claire’s cheek.

“Okay now daddy.” Claire smiled.

Liam then leaned over to kiss Kris on the cheek too.

“Aigoo! Such a smarty!”

 

“Mommy? Daddy? What about me?”

Joe turned around to see Camellia with her book bag off.

Squatting down, Kris opened his arms. “Come here sweetie.”

Camellia ran into her father’s arms and kissed his cheek before giving her little brother a peck too.

She ran to Claire and gave her a hug before kissing her cheek as well. “Mommy, uncle Luhan wants us to meet in the living room.”

 

“Ah, now it feels right.” Chanyeol grinned cheekily. “How ya doing buddy?” He leaned over and poked Liam’s cheek gently; he put his arms in the air in excitement before smiling.

Kris grinned. It was something Camellia used to do all the time as a baby. “You’re just like your big sister.” He chuckled.

“Aish…Just when Joe comes back I need to leave.” Sehun wrinkled his nose before holding up his hand to show the engagement band on his ring finger.

Joe covered his mouth. “Oh my gosh, congrats!!!”

Claire smiled and winked at Sehun. “So you somehow got Minhee to say yes?”

Suho shook his head. “Evil brat, he probably drugged her and stuff.”

Luhan laughed. “Anyway, since Sehun is getting married next month and you guys are getting married next week…I think it’s appropriate to show you this.” He took out an iPad and showed them the pictures of Kris and Claire at the resort.

They were a bunch of ‘aww’s and ‘ohh’s until Luhan’s selfie came up.

“Oh my God.” Luhan gawked and pulled the iPad back.

Sehun threw his head back laughing. “Were you taking a picture with those flowers?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Goodness, its called baby’s breath. How are you gonna plan a wedding when you don’t know the difference between baby’s breath and hawthorns?”

Claire laughed. “I don’t think anyone does except you.”

 

Kris eyed Sehun. “Hey kid, you know that big house down the block? The big white one with a yard and all?”

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “What about it?”

“It’s done.”

“Huh?”

Kris pulled a pair of keys out of his pocket. “It’s done, congrats man, consider it as a present. Visit a lot okay? I know you and Minhee wanted kids, when you have kids you must have a yard with grass and stuff. Right Camellia?”

“Right!”  His daughter grinned. “And a pool!”

Kris laughed. “Don’t worry; daddy gave them a pool too.”

Sehun took the pair of keys and smiled. “T-Thanks man.”

 

 

Kyungsoo then brought out the cake he was baking. “Taste test!”

They all groaned. “Again?”

“Yah, running a bakery is harder than you think okay? I need my recipes to be perfect.”

Luhan chuckled. “Fine, but I’m leaving in twenty minutes…I have a client to meet at my office. Freaking Sehun is taking a break so I have to do all the work.”

“Hyung…I gotta get ready man…I’m a married man now, I can’t look at other ladies!”

Luhan gawked. “WHAT. BUT YOU GOTTA HELP MEEE."

Sehun only shrugged it off teasingly.

"Well the studio ain't gonna help itself." 

 

In the midst of all the quarreling, Kris simply took Claire’s hand into his and smiled.

 

“Claire?”

“Hm?”

“I’m happy…really happy.”

“So am I.” 

 

Camellia got off her seat and walked over to her father, climbing onto his lap, she asked "Daddy? Do you love mommy?"

And with a lovingly gaze, he stared at Claire and smiled. "Yes, I do." 

decorative-lines-17_large2.png

[a/n] any request for side stories? I'm down! 

thank you for reading! <3