chapter 019

Baby Steps

Baby Steps - Chapter  Nineteen

“Claire no…Claire no, please. Claire…Please, don’t ….don’t leave me.”

 

Camellia stirred in her sleep, she opened her eyes to see her father all frustrated and scared. Kris talked in his sleep.

 

Claire wrinkled her nose and turned away as she waved her arms. “Jesus Kai shut up…let me sleep.” She turned around and whimpered “O-Ow…what the-“

Camellia sat up and crawled over to Claire. “Mummy? Are you okay?”

 

“Claire please…no…don’t leave.”

Claire sat up and groaned. “Holy…what the heck happened to me?” She asked. She turned to Kris. “And what is he talking about?”

She nudged his shoulder. “Kris? Hey, Kris…Kris?”

“Daddy! Daddy!” Camellia too joined in on tapping him.

 

Kris flew up. “CLAIRE DON’T LEAVE ME I LOVE YOU PLEASE HANG IN THERE-“

He froze in the air with his eyes wide full of embarrassment. He screamed. “OH MY GOD. CLAIRE IT’S YOU.”

Camellia looked around. “Is daddy…okay?”

Luhan sat up from his sleep. “Daddy ain’t okay, he’s in love. And gosh Kris keep it down…the amount of sleep I lost because of you guys…” He mumbled before turning around. He looked extremely uncomfortable sleeping in that chair.

Camellia climbed off the bed and grabbed Sehun’s shirt. She walked over to Luhan and spread the shirt on his lip. She patted his thigh. “There.” She smiled.

Luhan grabbed his heart. “Ah you lil rascal, giving me heart burn every time you do that thing where you smile…come here you!”

 

Claire raised an eyebrow at Kris. “Kris? Are you okay?”

“Claire…CLAIRE.” Kris reached and hugged her tightly.

“Ah ah ah ah! My back!”

Kris gasped and pulled away. “Crap! Are you okay? I’m so sorry-“

Claire chuckled and pimp slapped his shoulder. “Nah, pain killers.” She stuck her tongue out.

Kris furrowed his brows and frowned. “Hey…I really thought I lost you.” He admitted.

 

Luhan wiggled his eyebrows at the little girl. “Let’s uh…let’s get some juice at the vending machine down the hall yeah?”

Camellia nodded and then pointed to her father. “And daddy? And mommy?”

He shook his head. “Pft. They don’t need juice…they need a room.”

“Huh?”

“Coffee, I said they need coffee.”  Luhan snapped as he stood up. “Do you like orange juice?”

 

Kris sighed. “Thank you…for everything.”

“Oh the lawsuit thing? That was light work-“

“No, not just that… You brought Camellia and I together again, you helped me soften up. You got her to call me daddy and …you taught me how to love again.”

Claire stared at him quietly.

“Remember that bet? You probably made it because you thought you wouldn’t win, but at the end you did. I know you and Sehun have a thing together so I’ll just…I mean, he likes you so…thanks for everythin-“

She grabbed his cheeks and gave him a kiss. “Shut it, Kris Wu.” She said with her red cheeks. Claire turned away. “Agh…I-I lost so much sleep.” She stuttered.

 

CHOKES. I JUST KISSED HIM. I JUST KISSED HIM. TTT. THAT WAS SO UNPLANNED WHAT DO I DO NOW OH MY GOD. I’M GONNA BE THE ONE WITH THE HEART PROBLEMS.

 

Kris leaned over and rested his chin on her shoulder. “Erh…so what was that?”

“Nothing…it’s the pain killers. They’re making me crazy.”

“But you’ve always been crazy.”

“What?!” Claire turned around right into his lips. Her eyes widened.

Kris gave her a peck and grinned a lovely mischievous smile. “Hm?”

Claire covered her face. “Stop kissing me when I look like crap and stuff.” She whined.

“Oh really? Then crap must look beautiful.” Kris chuckled.

Claire turned around and sat up. “Happy birthday…” She changed the subject. “I…I didn’t get you a present so…I guess you’ll have to wait.”

“What present? What else do I need when I have you?”

 

SCREAMS. KRIS WANTS ME…HE LIKES ME. OH…GOD. HELP. ME.

 

Claire wrinkled her nose and turned away. “You’re so cheesy I’m going to die…any minute now.” She whispered.

 

"You can't die, Camellia wants a lil brother for her birthday."

Kris yawned and stood up. “Anyway, I have to go back to my room, my nurse is death glaring me from outside because…well…” He looked at the nurse and turned back. “I may or may not have told her that I was here and she kinda thought I was missing.” He said sheepishly.

 

Claire laughed and waved. “Fine, but you have to visit me later. Okay?”

 

 

“Oh wow he escaped from his room to be with you.”

Claire jumped at the sound of her brother’s voice. “K-Kai?” She looked around and stopped at the couch. A giant lumpy thing covered in a blanket was there.

“Oh my god, were you here the whole time?”

Kai kicked the blankets off. “Pretty much, and ew you guys kissed. Gross.”

Claire rolled her eyes. “I can’t believe you’re older than me.”

“So, you like Kris.”

“Pretty much.”

“My lil munchkin is in love with an idiot…aww..”

“Shut up, Kai.” 

[a/n] haha guys it's supposed to be a comedy remember? Don't cry! 

And are you excited for chap 20? BECAUSE JOE RETURNS!