Side story: The boyfriend

Baby Steps

The Boyfriend ft. The Overprotective  father 

Oh every father flips out and goes crazy when their daughter mentions a boy or even brings one home, in this situation, Kris and Claire are 34,35...Yeah somewhere around there, and their little girl Camellia is 17. And guess what? Ahhhh you bet, Camellia fell in love! 

 

"Kris?" Claire walked into the living room. Her eleven year old son ran up to her and jumped into her arms. "Mommy! I finished all my homework, can I watch TV now?" Liam asked excitedly. 

She chuckled. "Of course you can, why didn't you just ask daddy?"

Liam frowned. "I did! Five times, but he didn't say anything so..." The little boy ran off into his room, he couldn't miss his favorite show. 

 

"Babe? What's wrong? Are you ignoring me too?" Claire scooted over and wrapped her arms around her husband's torso, he placed an arm on her waist. 

"I think I'm having a midlife crisis." He whispered. 

Claire threw her head back laughing. "You're only 35! What are you talking about?" 

"Camellia said she had a crush...a few months ago...remember?" Kris whispered.

Claire rolled her eyes. "And so? Kris, she's turning eighteen in five months, she's not our little girl anymore. She's senior in high school, and she's gorgeous! Of course someone would come rolling her way..." She reminded him. "And what's wrong with having a boyfriend?" She asked. "Remember when I met you? I was only 19..." 

Kris stood up and paced around the room. "And she said she would bring him home...like soon. So is it today? She left me a note saying she would go on a date!" He fumbled with the wrinkled piece of paper. "I skipped work today because I was going crazy over this! I  had to push back the meeting with the CEO of Gucci, can you believe that?"

Claire rolled her eyes. "This is gonna be a long day..." She wrinkled her nose. "Baby? Can you calm down? I'm sure Camellia met a nice guy alright?"

 

"Mom? Dad?"

Kris threw the piece of paper in the air. "OH MY GOD."

Claire laughed. "We're in the living room sweetie, we'll be right down!" then she turned to her husband and grabbed his hand. "Come on, let's go...and Kris Wu, you better...behave yourself."

Kris frowned. "If he's not nice I will cut him into pieces."

"Goodness!" 

 

Camellia elbowed her boyfriend. "T-They're here." She whispered. "Mom...Daddy, this is Yixing." She held up their intertwined hands. "And....we're dating." She said bravely. 

Her boyfriend turned to her and smiled, showing that cute dimple of his. Then he turned to her parents and bowed. "I'm Zhang Yixing." He introduced himself. "Please treat me well." 

Claire smiled and walked over. Giving him a friendly hug, she grinned cheekily. "Nice to meet you Yixing, take a seat...we can chat."

"I see where you got that beautiful face from." Yixing turned to Camellia. 

"He's a keeper!" Claire chuckled as she made tea. 

Kris took a seat, and with a stoic expression he stared into Yixing's soul with his cold eyes. "So...Zhang Yixing is it? How long has it been? Did you make her cry? Where do you live? What school do you attend? What college are you going to? What major?" He interrogated the young man.

"Dad-"

Yixing placed a hand on Camellia's hand. "I got this." He whispered. "It's been...six months? No, I've never made my girl cry. I live in...Seoul? I attend Seoul high and I'm going to Seoul University with a full scholarship and I'm majoring in the medical field." 

Kris nodded to himself, he was pretty impressed. "Do you know who I am?"

"Kris Wu...fashion designer, word renowned." Yixing said, remembering the things Camellia told him to say if he ever asked. "Tall, handsome...genius." He said.

Kris again nodded. "I'm impressed, you know all the right things to say, young man." 

Claire sat down. "So...how long have you known my Camellia Bear?" 

Camellia wrinkled her nose in embarrassment. "Mom..." She whispered.

"Well, I've known Camellia Bear since the first day of high school. We were friends since then and I guess we only started developing feelings at the end of junior year... I never noticed how beautiful she was until the end of junior year." He shyly admitted. "I wish I knew earlier..." 

Kris nodded. "Alright, you pass...whatever. I guess I won't have to commit mass murder...What?" He looked away and got up. "Oh my little boy is calling me , see ya honey." He waved awkwardly before walking away.

"Don't mind him, he's just extremely overprotective-"

Kris came flying back. "Now remember, her curfew is midnight and make sure her skirts aren't too short. If you bring her clubbing and some ert s her, you better beat the crap out of him alright? And if anything, if you end up in the police station for beating up someone for my Camellia, I got you. I'll bail you out by all means. Um, what else..."

"She hates the color orange, she likes all her drinks to be filled to the brim with ice. She hates walking alone, she has a low alcohol tolerance and when she's mad she goes to the dance studio to relieve stress. She got a scholarship to Seoul University for physics and she also got accepted into Columbia University. She wants to be a model and she already got three offers from the fashion industry." Yixing said proudly.

Kris put his hands up and nodded. "Okay, okay...you knew her inside out too...okay." 

"Oh my God, honey really? Which companies?" Claire beamed. 

Camellia smiled shyly. "I found out today..." She held up the letters and gave them to her parents.

 

Kris nodded. "Zhang Yixing, welcome to the Wu family. I swear to God if you even make her shred a single tear, I will beat you up so hard...."

Yixing chuckled and nodded. "I understand."

"And as long as my girl is happy, you don't have to worry about broken bones. Alright?"

"Yes sir."