chapter 005

Baby Steps

Baby Steps - Chapter  Five

Claire smiled and held her arms out when Camellia ran to her. “Hi Camellia! How was the show?” She asked as she picked the little girl up. She responded with a thumbs up before taking the lollipop out of . Camellia stuck it in Claire’s mouth and reached to play with her earrings.

She may be young, but the little girl was starting to wonder why Claire walked down the runway wearing such a pretty dress.

“You did great.” Sehun walked up to her. “You look very pretty with that dress on.” He smiled.

Claire blushed a little. “Aw…thank you. Did I walk weird or anything?”

Sehun shook his head and fixed the strap of her dress. “I think you looked the most professional.” He chirped.

 

During the ride home, Claire sat in the passenger seat while Camellia sat in the back. Luhan accompanied her; he gave her lollipops and read her a few books. Kris was busy driving; it was going to be a long drive. He hoped Camellia would fall asleep; he wanted her to be awake for dinner.

Luhan watched as Kris stopped at a red light. Kris reached over to fix Claire’s seatbelt; he took his jacket off and covered her up. She must’ve been exhausted.

Luhan leaned back and smiled, he didn’t know why but seeing Kris like this made his heart happy. Instead of the cold hearted person he resembled, he was the complete opposite.

Camellia watched in silence, she turned over to Luhan and tugged on his sleeve. He simply made a heart shape sign with his fingers before Camellia turned away.

 

When they finally arrived, both Camellia and Claire were fast sleep. Luhan was about to go crazy, a hungry Luhan was never good.

He leaned over and gently tapped the little girl. “Camellia Bear…” He whispered softly. They had read Goldie Locks and the Three Bears earlier; he thought it was appropriate to give her a little nickname.

The little girl squirmed around and cried when she got rudely awaken from her sleep.

Kris turned around. “Camellia, we’re here. Are you hungry?” He asked softly.

She rubbed her eyes and nodded her head.

“Alright, let’s go…you two can go first. I’ll wake Claire up.” He said before digging his phone out. “Oh right, we’re reserved for nine o’clock. Just tell the front that Kris Wu is here.”

Luhan nodded and carried Camellia out.

 

Kris turned to the sleeping angel next to him. He tapped her, he didn’t know if it was okay or not to touch her in certain places. He had just met her a couple weeks ago. “Hey Claire…uh…we’re here.” He said.

He sighed and reached over to undo her seatbelt, he paused when their faces were a few inches apart. Her eyelashes…are so long. Kris stared.

Claire flinched when her phone vibrated in her  clutch. She opened an eye and raised her eyebrow. “Kris?”

He flew back. “I was undoing your seatbelt! We’re here…” He stammered.

“Right…” She scoffed and picked her phone up.

“Hi mom.”

“Oh honey, you looked so wonderful on that runway! Just make sure you don’t wear anything too revealing if you go again!” Her mother squealed. “CLAIRE OH MY GOD, YOU WERE LIKE UP THERE.”

Kris turned around when he heard the deeper voice.

“Kai…I was not!”

“Honey! That was a nice dress, your little sister’s growing up.”

Claire laughed when she heard her mother.

“CLAIRE WHERE ARE YOU?” Kai practically screamed over the phone.

Claire turned to Kris. She had no idea.

“Soul. The restaurant down by Hongdae.” Kris said.

“OH MY GOD. IS THAT A MAN? CLAIRE I TOLD YOU THAT DRESS WOULD ATTRACT MEN.” Kai screamed.

“Kai! Stop! I’m with Kris.”

“Oh…that designer?” Her mother asked.

Claire rolled her eyes. “Guys, I’m here for dinner, jeez. I gotta go; C-Camellia’s waking up.” She said as she sat up. She gave Kris back her jacket and slipped her phone in her clutch.

Kris stepped out of the car first and was surprised at all the paparazzi. How did they even know? Oh right, they must’ve spotted Camellia.

He opened the car door, the paparazzi gasped as Claire stepped out. She was tall, with perfect proportions; her dress was made for her and her brown hair seemed to fall in waves down her back. Her eyes sparkled under the moonlight and her heels made her legs look gorgeous. She looked like a princess.

Kris nodded at the reporters and turned to Claire. “Let’s go…” He whispered.

He put a hand on her back and led her into the restaurant. Kris could only imagine what the headlines would say tomorrow.

 

Camellia’s hand shot up when she spotted Claire walk into the restaurant. She waved hi when Claire sat down. “Hello, did you sleep too?” She reached to fix her hair.

Camellia nodded. She reached over to play with Claire’s earrings again. “Do you want your ears pierced too?” She asked.

Camellia looked at Claire with a look of confusion.

Claire pointed. “Like this, do you want to wear earrings?”

The little girl nodded.

“Maybe Daddy could bring you.” Claire whispered.

The little girl looked at the kid’s menu in front of her.

Claire sighed. Making Camellia open up to Kris was gonna be harder then she thought.

 

Kris sat around and fidgeted as he waited for his food. His blonde hair was swooped up and he had taken his suit off. Claire noticed the two ed buttons on his button down and saw a chain with a ring on it. A ring?

He still loves Cara. She thought. Claire smiled, she thought it was adorable that Kris still loved his deceased girlfriend so much but it made her heart hurt at the same time; Camellia would never meet her mother.

 

She chuckled silently as Kris waited impatiently for his food. He’s 19 after all…

 

“Wait for it…wait for it…It’s bound to happen anytime now…” Joe refreshed his Korean news websites. He remembered everything Claire told him last night. He had called to see how the fashion show went.

“Refresh…refresh…refresh…Ah…There we go.”

 

KRIS WU WITH A WOMAN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS?

Famous designer Kris Wu was seen with a beautiful woman last night; sources say they were out for dinner. What do you think? Are they an item?

After all these years of being single, has Kris Wu given up the life of being single?  Scroll down to see all the pictures taken; she’s a beauty isn’t she? Good job, Kris!

 

Joe scoffed. “All these years? It’s been like two…jeez. Korean news articles are exaggerating so much. Aww…She does look really nice.” He scrolled past the photos. He looked over at Kris and nearly passed out.

“WHOA. LUCKY GIRL CLAIRE.”