BE MINE

"It's Complicated"

A bright morning welcomes the sleepyhead Seohyun. It was already half past ten when she finally woken up from her deep slumber. She cheerfully greeted her unnie who was busy scrolling her phone at the living room then proceeded to the dining area for her late breakfast. She was indeed happy, obvious enough that even the simple eating is a glorious feast for her. Yuri, who is secretly watching her dongsaeng can’t help but to be confused by her sudden acts lately, she then decided to join her at the table.

 

“Hey sleepyhead” she greeted her as she ruffled her hair

 

“Good morning unnie, I am not a sleepyhead, I just woke up late” she answered with a full smile

 

Yuri kept on staring at her as she munches her foods.

 

“Is there something wrong unnie?”

 

“Huh? Anni” she hesitated to ask but decided to ask it anyway

 

“Hyunnie, do you like him?” Yuri asked and looked at her intently

 

“Huh? Yonghwaoppa?” she stops her eating and looks at her

 

“I know that you know who I am talking about”

 

“Unnie.. I really don’t understand you”

 

“YAH! Kwon Seohyundo you like Kyuhyun?” Yuri asked seriously and look at her eyes intently

 

“Huh? Kyuhyun? Like? What? A…Anni, Why do you ask that question unnie?”

 

“Just want to know, so do you like him or not?”

 

“Anni, of course not, we were just friendsunnie” she stutter to answer

 

“Friends?How about Yonghwa?”

 

“What kind of question is that?”

 

“Aigoo, my dongsaeng. You still don’t understand the situation you are in now. My little sister is still the innocent one” Yuri sighed.

 

“Unnie, would you please explain what you are trying to imply with your words. What situation? As far as I am concern, there is nothing I need to worry about. I know what I am doing and I know my limitations unnie, Kyuhyunoppa is just a friend of mine and nothing more while Yonghwaoppa is also a friend of mine and my fiancée too. You don’t need to worry unnie, okay?” she tell her side

 

“that is what I am worried about Hyun” she said and take a bite of an apple from the table “Exactly what I analyse. I know you very well. I know that you are only scratching the surface of the situation. Try to hear your heart out, listen to it. Don’t let your mind do all the analysis then you will surely understand what I am talking about. We are not only talking about what you feel but what others feel too. Anyway, just don’t hesitate to run to me when the time comes that you finally understand everything. Always put in in mind that unnie is always here for you Ahrasso?” Yuri said and went off leaving Seohyun who was absorbing all the words she had said earlier.

 

 

Kyuhyun was smiling throughout the whole day that made his roommates shiver by his weird actions lately.

 

“Kyu, would you mind to stop smiling?” Sungmin finally had enough of him

 

“Also, please stop being so nice, it shivers my spine. Evilkyu is much better” Taecyeon added

 

“Why? Is there something wrong about it? I guess not”

 

“Aissh! You are such a DENIAL king. If you won’t tell her now, then you will only end up being crazy walking along the streets” both of them laughed at him imagining the scene

 

“The TWO of you are just paranoid” he said and tries to walk out

 

“If you say so Kyu. You may pretend or lie but you can’t hide it” Taec said with a smirk

 

“Hide what?”

 

“YOU’RE IN LOVE” Taec and Sungmin yelled in unison

 

“I know” he thought

 

 

Seohyun was left alone in the big mansion since Yuri went out with Nichkhun and Yoona is not available for sleepover either. While Sooyoung is also busy with her boyfriend, Jonghyun. There isn’t much schoolwork to do since she’s already done with it. She then make herself busy through scrolling some photos from her phone and ended up smiling as she spot a candid picture of him. Involuntarily, she smiled and her heart went into a race track.

 

 

Time flew fast that only a month left before the seniors of the University with enough credits are going to graduate from their own respective courses. Kyuhyun with only limited time left had already made up his mind about his now or never philosophy. And it’s going to be tonight!

 

He kept his pace from back to forth making Taecyeon felt dizzy by his actions while looking once in a while with his watch.

 

“Calm down Kyu, everything is fine. It’s perfect” Taec assured it

 

“Of course, It should be. There is no room for failure tonight. I need to go to freshen’ up” he said and went off

 

“Good luck Cho Kyuhyun, Fighting!” Taec cheered for him

 

“Thanks bro”

 

 

It was half past six yet Seohyun still can’t decide what to wear even though she knew it is just a simple friendly dinner but there is something that urges her to look perfect for him.

 

“Hyun, what time will you he picks you up?” Yuri asked as she enters her room

 

“An hour from now” she answered and pouts

 

“So, what will you wear?” Yuri asked her while glancing at the messy pile of dresses at her bed.

 

“Unnie, help me”

 

Yuri chuckled by the look of her dongsaeng and starts to scan the dresses for her.

 

 

After trying out a numerous dresses, she finally settled with a black mini dress that made her elegant and sophisticated bachelorette in town.

 

“Wear these” Yuri said showing a diamond necklace to add glamour.

 

“Thank you so much unnie” she is indeed truly grateful for her

 

“Not a big fuss my dear”

 

“Unnie, Im nervous and I don’t know why”

 

“Hyun, no matter what happens to your life. Just trust your heart” she said while pointing the heart’s location

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It means that….

 

- Ring –

 

“Yobseo? Oh! Oppa, your already here? Ahrasso, I’ll go down now”

 

“You’re going now unnie?” she asked

 

“Deh, just remember what I say Hyun. I am nervous too Hyun. I’ll be meeting the whole clan”

 

“They will like you unnie. Take care”

 

“You too, Bye, I love you Hyun. Have fun with your dinner”

 

She looked herself at the mirror and say the words Yuri had left for her “FOLLOW YOUR HEART”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few minutes after…

 

 

 

 

 

Ms. Hyun, Mr. Cho is already downstairs” HyeRi said

 

“Deh, I’ll be coming down, thanks” she said and took a final glance at the mirror and grabbed her purse. As she went down the stairs, she saw a glimpse of the man she was thinking about a while ago.

 

 

“Oppa” she shyly called

 

Eyes widen, jaw dropped, sweat ran down from the man being called.

 

“Oh, H.Hy..Hyun”

 

“Let’s go?” she said

 

“Huh? Yeaah! Let’s go”

 

 

They arrived at a fine dining restaurant. The place was warm and cozy and the ambiance was surely fantastic. There is also a good view of the cityscape at their side. Seohyun can’t help to admire the scene she was able to witness.

 

Everything went smoothly after, from their dinner, their atmosphere and everything Kyuhyun planned.

 

“Do you mind to stroll around after Hyun?” he asked as they took a sip of their wine

 

“At this hour? The night is already deep and dark”

 

“A night is more than just a mere darkness Hyun”

 

“Hmmm.. Alright”

 

They drove downtown from the city of Seoul, they were indeed looked like a happy couple strolling down the bay. Swift breeze wraps them and its coldness brings shiver to Seohyun whose bare skin was more exposed. Being a gentleman, he quickly pull off his coat and wraps around her.

 

“Thanks” she said and give him a genuine smile “It’s nice in here”

 

“Deh… Let sit here” he said guiding her to a bench

 

“Sure, my heels are actually starting to kill me” she slightly chuckles

 

“So, oppa. Have you decided what to do after graduation?” she suddenly asked

 

“Deh, I’m just waiting for someone’s decision before I do mine”

 

“Huh? And who is this someone?”

 

“You’ll know it later” a smirk was shown from his face “I’ll get some coffee. It’s kinda cold now. Just wait right here”

 

“Alright” she said

 

A couple of minutes pass by after he left, Seohyun was taken aback when a little girl poke her

 

“Omo!”

 

“Unnie, this is for you” the little girl handed her a single stalk of white rose

 

“For me? Why?”

 

The little girl just nod as a response and flash a white board with a yellow print on it.

 

“WILL?” she read and was about to ask the little girl but she ran away

 

“Hey” she call her and was about to follow her when another white rose is being handed by a little boy to her.

 

 

“For you unnie” the little boy said and flashed another white board saying: YOU

 

Seohyun was then left confused by what is happening, it may be a little weird but he suddenly remembers what he had said earlier that: “There is more to NIGHT than just mere DARKNESS”

 

After a while, 2 more little girls did the same thing like the others had made earlier. He was thinking too much that he forgot how Kyuhyun took too much time for just two cups of coffee.

 

“Hey Hyun, sorry, the line was…… oh, you got flowers?”

 

“Huh? Oh, these? Some random kids gave it to me” she said

 

“Cheongmal? Even kids love you hehehe”

 

“Don’t you think its strange?” she asked

 

“Strange? Why do you say so?” he asked

 

“Because, they just pop out from nowhere and these late at night? Also, they keep on flashing some white boards with a yellow word written on it. It is truly strange” she said

 

“Boards? What does it says?”

 

“Hmm… what was it again? Let me think!..ahmmm… the first one is WILL.. then BE… YOU… Anni, Ahmm WILL – YOU – BE then the last one is MY, WILL YOU BE MY?”

 

“Girlfriend?”Kyuhyun added to her words showing the same white board the kids showed her with the word GIRLFRIEND printed on it