day one.

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

“Girls my type?” Jongin cockily tilted his head to the side as he repeated the question thrown to him by his group of friends. He smirked and leaned back on his seat, enumerating the things he wanted for a girl. “Long wavy hair I can run my fingers through,” he looked at his fingers. “Slim, perfect for my arms—”

   His friends snickered.

   “—Pretty, may be a little fierce, mature, knows how to sing—”

   “Soojung, for short.” Sehun, the youngest of the group, ended, earning bursts of laughter from the rest of the guys.

   “Well, if that was the case, you should have said her name instead, Jongin.” Chanyeol grinned widely and laughed.

   “Yah,” Jongin glared at everyone before he playfully punched Sehun on the arm. “Who knows? She’s not the only girl with long, wavy hair—”

   “Quit it, Jongin-ah.” Joonmyeon chuckled. “We all know it’s her anyway. For a ‘mysterious’ guy like you, you’re pretty obvious.” He grinned, making air quotations at the word “mysterious”.

   “Pfft, what are you talking abo—?” Jongin looked away but by the time he did that, his sight was greeted with Jung Soojung and her friends, chatting and laughing together. It made him stop from finishing his sentence and his friends noticed his abrupt silence.

   They all turned their heads at the direction Jongin was looking and Baekhyun broke out into a chuckle. “Yep. It isn’t her, alright.” He grinned.

   Kyungsoo shook his head. “We’re not that dumb not to notice how you look at her, Jongin. It’s obvious that you like her so why don’t you just go and confess?”

   “Guys, you’re forgetting.” said Sehun, “Kim Jongin is awkward with feelings.”

   The rest snickered again.

   “Shut the hell up, Sehun.” Jongin rolled his eyes and just shrugged, “Well, what if she rejects me?”

   “What if she rejects you?” Chanyeol repeated, gaping in disbelief. “Dude, did you forget who you are? You’re the infamous Kim Jongin! Who in the right mind would reject you?”

   “Besides,” Baekhyun continued. “If I know, every girl would kill just to be in Jung Soojung’s position, man.”

   “Chanyeol and Baekhyun are right,” Joonmyeon added. “Don’t get us wrong. You practically turned down every girl’s confession just because of her.”

   “And it’s impossible for her not to like you back anyway, Jongin.” Sehun shrugged.

   Jongin raised an eyebrow at his friends and said, “You seem to know a lot about me. Why don’t you all write my biography?”

▢ ▢ ▢

Jongin fixed his things and after zipping up his bag, he slung it over his shoulder and prepared to leave. He turned to his friends and saluted with two fingers, “I’ll get going first,”

   Chanyeol saluted back. “Take care, Kkamjong.” He grinned, calling him by the nickname their friends have come up with due to his skin tone.

   “Will do,” Jongin chuckled, shaking his head, and left the classroom. He placed his free hand in his pocket as he strode along the hallway and down to the stairs.

   “Jongin-ssi!”

   Jongin stopped from his tracks before reaching the next flight of stairs and turned around to see who called him. “Jinri,” he said.

   Choi Jinri hurried down the stairs before stopping in front of him, her hand flying on her chest as she caught her breath. She then smiled brightly, her eyes smiling as well, and asked, “Do you have a minute?”

▢ ▢ ▢

The two ended up sitting in front of each other at a bubble tea café not far from their school. Jinri insisted for her to treat Jongin since she was the one who invited him but being the guy, he didn’t let her so instead, he was the one who treated Jinri.

   “Sorry, you had to waste your money on me.” The girl scratched her head, feeling a bit shy around him. “You really didn’t have to,”

   “It’s fine.” Jongin leaned back at the couch, trying his best not to yawn. He couldn’t help it but he was feeling bored. He should actually feel happy that Jinri is right in front of him because he can take her as an advantage to know more about Soojung since she’s one of her closest friends. But Jinri? Jongins out of her league. Jinri’s entirely Soojung’s opposite and the likes of her irk him. She’s too bubbly, he could never stand it.

   “Well, thank you for the treat though!” Jinri smiled brightly and sipped on her bubble tea. “I should treat you next ti—”

   “What do you want from me?” Jongin straightforwardly asked, his voice sounding rather colder than he expected. He leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees, and played with the straw of his bubble tea.

   “Oh,” Jinri pursed her lips together before putting her cup down. She played with her fingers and said, “Right, um. I know I’m in no place to ask this since we’re not really close and all but.. Jongin-ssi, are you dating someone? Or if not, is there someone you like?”

   Jongin stopped what he was doing and just stared at the straw. After a few moments, he lifted his gaze at Jinri and asked, “Wae?”

   “Well, I don’t know.” Jinri bit her lower lip. “Curious?”

   “Wae?” Jongin asked again, raising an eyebrow.

   “I, um..” Jinri looked at Jongin and the way he gazed at her made her heart pound. She averted her eyes, feeling her cheeks warming.

   Jongin jumped into a conclusion. “You like me, don’t you?”

   Jinri choked and coughed and Jongin, instead of helping her, smirked and watched her in amusement. The girl quickly took her cup of bubble tea and sipped to ease . After awhile, she finally calmed down and stayed quiet.

   “So?” Jongin started again.

   Jinri played with her fingers once again and nodded.

   “I see,” Jongin leaned back on his seat, taking his cup of bubble tea with him and sipped, his eyes not leaving the girl in front of him. “Yeah, I like someone. It’s obviously not you though.” He said, going straight to the point. Harsh yeah, but the truth always hurts, doesn’t it?

   Jinri felt her heart throb in pain but she ignored it. She heaved a deep breath to calm herself down and said, “It’s Soojung-ah, right?” She looked at him.

   Jongin averted his gaze this time and concentrated on shaking his cup. “What’s it to you, really?”

   “Soojung-ah has a boyfriend, Jongin-ssi.” Jinri scratched her head.

   Jongin didn’t let the girl notice but he froze for a second upon hearing the news.

   “They’ve been going out for awhile now,”

   “And you’re telling this to me, why?” Jongin looked back at Jinri.

   “I-I have a favor to ask you,”

   “Break them up?” Jongin raised an eyebrow.

   “Ani,” Jinri shook her head. “Please date me.”


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I might do a double update today because I will be busy on the weekends, huhu. Well, I hope this first chapter looked promising enough for you to subscribe and comment on. ; ; huehue. Adios!