Misunderstanding

Destined to be

Its been a week since June has entered your life again. It turns out she is also a student at Julliard and has most of your classes with you. When it was time for your music theater class you couldn't help but feel excited because today there was going to be auditions for the university's annual musical. You were excited as last year you only got to be in charge of backstage. You were going to audition for the main lead. This years musical was on the musical Guys and Dolls.

As you entered the big auditorium you saw other students practicing their acts that they were going to perform for the auditions. You smiled as you saw Stacy waving towards you. But your smile faded once you saw June talking to the director. You could see how hard she was flirting but you smiled as you saw how annoyed the director was. You know that Director Jason hated when people tried to get on his good side just to get a part.

Soon the auditions started and everyone went up one by one. People either got their part on the spot or were told to wait for the list to come out. Stacy got a part as one of the dolls and was so happy that she started tearing up. You hoped you would get the part of Sarah the main lead. When Mark got the lead of Sky you were happy, Mark and you have been friends since you came to Julliard and you were comfortable with one another on and off stage. When it was time for all the auditions for Sarah's part you started getting more nervous. Only 6 girls were auditioning for this part.

The first 4 girls didn't get the part leading it to be June's turn. She walked on stage and sang "A whole new world" by the Disney movie Little Mermaid. Not a lot of people reacted towards her performance because you knew June never really had a thing for Arts. When they called your name you felt your heartbeat even more. You smiled and introduced yourself.

"Hello. My name is ____ Choi. I am going to be singing "If I were a bell" from the musical itself." you took a deep breath and starting singing.

Ask me how do I feel
Ask me now that we're cosy and clinging
Well sir, all I can say, is if I were a bell I'd be ringing!

From the moment we kissed tonight
That's the way I've just gotta behave
Boy, if I were a lamp I'd light
And If I were a banner I'd wave!

Ask me how do I feel, little me with my quiet upbringing
Well sir, all I can say is if gate I'd be swinging!
And if I were a watch I'd start popping my springs!
Or if I were a bell I'd go ding dong, ding dong ding!

Ask me how do I feel from this chemistry lesson I'm learning.

SKY (spoken) Uh, chemistry?
SARAH (spoken) Yes, chemistry!

Well sir, all I can say is if I were a bridge I'd be burning!

Yes, I knew my moral would crack
From the wonderful way that you looked!
Boy, if I were a duck I'd quack!
Or if I were a goose I'd be cooked!

Ask me how do I feel, ask me now that we're fondly caressing
Well, if I were a salad I know I'd be splashing my dressing
Ask me how to describe this whole beautiful thing
Well, if I were a bell I'd go ding dong, ding dong ding!

You didn't expect all the people in the auditorium to cheer as loud as they did. You knew most of the students here at Julliard but you didn't think they would react like this. Director Jason smiled and told you the results will be posted soon. You smiled and thank the judges before walking off and hearing the last girl to audition say "How am I going to beat that..." You smiled looked at her and said "I believe in you. I know how good your voice is. You still have a chance." You held her hands and walked back to your seat.

You could feel someone glaring down at you as you looked at June who was sitting by herself. You got up and sat next to her shocking her.

"Unnie. I know you are mad at me but please don't think about the past. You won't be happy if you keep thinking about getting revenage." you said looking at her.

"You have to be kidding me. Me forget the day Kai humiliated me just because of you. Ha! Never." June said as she got up slamming the auditorium door causing everyone to look. You sinked into your seat knowing that they were all looking at you. Thanks to Stacy's charm of talking a lot most students knew about you and June's bad relationship.

You sighed and went back to sit by Stacy. You stayed there after auditions were done to wait for the list to come one. After an hour Director Jason walked out and posted the list. You and everyone who stayed to wait ran to look at the list. There was cheers and there was crying. Suddenly you felt someone pick you up into a hug and start spinning you around.

"___! You did it! You made it! You don't know how happy I am that you will be my partner!!!!" Mark said still spinning you

"MARK! I'm getting dizzy. Wait what did you say?" as he finally put you down allowing you to look at the list someone.

Male Lead:Mark

Female lead: ___

"OMG! Mark I got the part!!" you said as you ran and hugged him.

You two started laughing as this was your second musical together. You two were still in a hug when someone took your picture and walked away.Without you knowing you were happy the rest of the day waiting for Kai to skype you so you could tell him. But that whole day there was no skype, no call and no email. You were sad thinking that maybe he was busy with his schedule when you heard a knock on your dorm door. You climbed down your bed and open the door.

"Oppa...." you said as you stared into the eyes of Chanyeol.

"____ care to explain this?" he asked as he showed you the picture of you and Mark hugging on his phone.

"Oppa what is that? I mean that is me but how did you get that picture? How did you get here to the States?" You started asking questions

"We landed here last night and planned a surprise visit when the whole group got this picture. Are you cheating on Kai? He locked himself in his hotel room and noone can get inside since he has all the room keys. Now explain cause I know you have an explanation." Chanyeol for the first time looked pissed off at you.

"Chanyeol-ah, hes just a friend. We both got the lead to the musical. Here in the States they aren't afraid to give out hugs. He's only a friend. Can we go see everyone now? I'm worried." You said as you ran to grab a jackey and your purse dragging Chanyeol with you to the elevator.

"___ are you sure this isn't what it looks like?" Chanyeol asked you

"Oppa I don't know who sent you that but it isn't true. He is just a friend." You said getting off the elevator to be faced with Mark.

"___ whos this?" Mark asked looking back at you and Chanyeol

"Oh Mark, this is Chanyeol my best friend. Channie this is Mark. He is JUST a FRIEND!" you said looking at Chanyeol

"Hi nice to meet you." Chanyeol said in his best english before dragging you out of the dorm building.

"Oppa what was that I didn't even get to say bye."

"____ that boy likes you. I know because he is looking at you the way I did when I liked you. Stay away from him." Chanyeol said just as Mark came out to see what was wrong.

"___! Are you okay?" Mark said running down to the car.

"Oh yeah. I'll see you later okay?" you said as Chanyeol pushed you into the car driving away. You saw Mark looked worried as you slowly drove off.