Chapter 11

Fishy's Love

  Donghae looked at TeukJin, HeeAe, DongRi, WookSuan and KyuRi…. He couldn’t help noticing how comfortable they are when they are together. He couldn’t help think back on how it is when he and Hanuel are together. They always seem to be struggling to find topic to talk to… What Donghae talk doesn’t seem to interest Hanuel, and what she talk doesn’t seem to interest him as well…

‘Yah~ where is ur Pinky?’ Heechul asked his favorite dongsaeng.

‘Japan…’ Donghae answered.

' Love sick?’ Heechul .

‘I am fine hyung…’

‘But u certainly doesn’t look fine to me… talk..’

‘Hyung…. Will u and hyung su nim ran out of topic to talk?’

‘Seldom… but yes we do…’

‘Really?’ Donghae asked, slightly relieve that not only he and Hanuel faces that problem.

‘Yes… but it’s a comfort just being with her even if we don’t talk…’Heechul smirked.

‘…………..’ Donghae kept quiet… reminds of the awkwardness when he and Hanuel doesn’t talk….

‘Yah… what up?’

‘Nothing….’

‘Lying… having problem?’

‘Hyung…. Have u ever loved Sohee ssi?’ Donghae asked.

‘Yah! Why bring it up again?’ Heechul hissed, glancing over to Ae Li who is talking with Hyojin right now.

‘Just answer….’

‘I….. don’t think so… I should say from outer appearance she is my ideal girl.. but being together with her is totally a different thing.’

‘How?’

‘We had no spark at all…’

‘…………………..’ Donghae turned his face away, shutting his eyes.

‘And I thought I love her….and I tried to persuade myself I love her….’

‘Hyung… what make u realize?’

‘Ur hyung  su nim…’ Heechul smile, glancing to his wife. ‘She can control my heart beat, my anger, my jealousy….’

‘……………….’ Donghae bowed his head low… The person that can control him doesn’t seem to be Hanuel…

‘U don’t love her?’ Heechul asked.

‘I don’t know…’ Donghae answered, honestly.

‘Since when u started to have doubt?’

‘Cos I can’t feel the spark anymore, like what u said… We talk even lesser than a pair of normal friend.. and we have so little in common…’

‘Think carefully of what u wanted… nobody can help u….’ Heechul said, patting his shoulder.

‘Thanks, hyung…’

……………

………………..

………………………

Donghae looked at Hanuel who is packing up for her trip to Italy… She doesn’t seem to notice the unusual quietness of Donghae at all.

‘Hae… wait for me all right… I will be back fast…’ Hanuel pecked on his lip, smiling sweetly at him.

‘Princess… cant u just change your schedule with your colleague??’

‘No….U know I wont… Moreover, I been waiting for this trip… I must go… don’t be a baby all right?’

*sigh* Donghae leave out a heavy sigh, walking out of Hanuel’s room. Paran wagged it tail at him and he stooped down, Paran. Chaerin looked at Donghae who is squatting down, staring blankly at Paran… He doesn’t seem to be in his usual jovial mood, in fact he look sad…

‘Prince, I am going, don’t bother to send me, my colleague is here… I will miss u…’ Hanuel pecked on his cheek, waving at Chaerin and dashed out of the house fast. Donghae sat on sofa after Hanuel went out of the house, holding Paran close to him.

‘Chaerin… do u think she really love me?’ Donghae asked, looking at Paran still.

‘U should know better…’ Chaerin answered.

‘Why can’t she stay by me when I need her most???’ Donghae muttered, closing his eyes. Chaerin bit her lip, moving her fingers, typing few keywords on the internet search option… She is amaze at the details she can find on the net about this dejected man. Today is 8 August, the day his dad passed away….

‘…………………’ Chaerin closed down the pages and turn her head, looking at him.

‘I am going back…. Bye Chaerin…’ Donghae stand up, smiling at Chaerin.

‘Going to your hyung?’

‘No…. they had their own schedule or family to attend to…’

‘Stay here then…’ Chaerin walked over to Donghae, looking at him.

‘Chaerin?’

‘If u need to cry I promise I won’t laugh at u….’ tilting her head, she looked at him…

‘How do u…..’Donghae started to choke and Chaerin pat on his arm. ‘I miss him so much….’

‘I know….’ Chaerin nodded. Donghae started to sob, burying his face in his palms. After all these years he still feel so much pain when he think of is father. 8 August never failed making him cry….

‘I am not even with him when he….’

‘I am sure he will understand…..’ Chaerin pulled his hand away, wiping away his tears.

‘Appa….’Donghae is unable to stop his own sobbing, pulling Chaerin to him into a hug for comfort. Chaerin let out a small sign, resting her head on his chest while patting at his back gently…

It’s not easy for Chaerin to coax Donghae to go to bed. Finally he gotten tired from all the crying and fall asleep on Hanuel’s pink bed. Chaerin looked at his tear streaked face, swiping away the hairs on his forehead. Looking at him, she couldn’t help noticing how handsome this man is…. Shocked at her own thought, Chaerin exited the room immediately…. 

…………..

……………..

……………………

Donghae stepped out Hanuel’s room and went in to the bathroom to wash himself. He saw Chaerin is busily juggling with the stacks of papers in front of her. Donghae suppose she must be getting her hands on the assignment again. She is very much concentrated on what she is doing and did not realize Donghae’s gaze at all. He walked nearer to her and he heard her….. Muttering to  some songs…

‘Neo gateun saram tto eopseo juwireul dureobwado geujeo georeohdeongeol eodiseo channi…..(No Other)’

‘So…. U do listen to Super Junior song?’ Donghae asked, smirking.

‘Omo…. Do u have to creep behind people back like that???’ Chaerin pull down her earpieces as she rolls her eyes at him.

‘I am sorry.. did I scare u?’ Donghae asked, chuckling. ‘Sorry sorry sorry sorry….’ He rubbed his palm together, doing the famous Sorry Sorry dance.

‘Cheh….’ Chaerin chuckled at his childish act and look at him. ‘So…. U all right now?’

‘Erm… I am fine… had a good sleep yesterday…’

‘That’s good…’ Chaerin turned and tidied the stacks of papers on the table.

‘Doing anything today?’

‘Assignments…’

‘How’s the progress?’

‘Good…’ Chaerin smiled, satisfied of the progress she made so far.

‘Had your breakfast?’ Donghae asked.

‘Sir… its already coming to 12pm….’

‘Hahaha!! So its time for lunch?’ Donghae laughed in embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck.

‘Yes…’

‘Lets go…’

‘U and I?’ Chaerin asked, standing up and stretched herself.

‘If u wanted to bring Paran along I am fine with it..’

‘Crazy…’ Chaerin snapped.

‘Hahahaha!!! But Heechul hyung’s cat won’t like it.

‘Huh?’

‘I am going to Heechul hyung house, just come along with me…’ 

‘No, thanks…’ Chaerin sat down in front of the table, getting her hand on the stacks of paper again.

‘Don’t u say u miss Cherry?’ Donghae asked, throwing out the bait. Chaerin bit her lip, looking down still.

‘Come on….’ Donghae poked at her hand, aegyo’ing.

‘Its weird….’ Chaerin shook her head, decided not to go after all.

‘For your information, Junho and Suan are there as well….’ Donghae smirked when he saw the sparkle in Chaerin’s eyes. 

 

** I am sorry, Hanuel... i just cant help myself writing more HaeRin moment again...