Daesung's Story; Pillar of strength

Last.. Goodbye

A/N Story written based on Alternate ending. Just so you wouldn't get confused as to why Tabi is still around despite being dead~ hehe~

Ever since the accident, Daesung have been staying at home. The smile on his face was no longer as cheerful as before, but what do you expect from a person whose guilt has been eating him alive ever since? Although the entire incident was not technically his fault, being a person with feelings, he is bound to feel upset. To add to that, there are people who use this opportunity to bash him, making him feel even worse than he is already.

The members try their very best to stay with him, to keep negative comments out of his side, but there are times where they cannot be by his side as they have a job to work on and a life to live. Regretful as they may be, they cannot help it. Daesung knows he cannot fall any deeper, therefore he tries his very best to smile and be as ‘Daesung’ as possible when the others are around. He did not wish to put anymore burden on their already heavy shoulders.

“I’m fine, Hyung. Just go. I will be alive when you come back, I promise!” Daesung pushed his leader out of the door, smiling.

“No, no.. I think I’ll stay. Seunghyun Hyung, take the others, okay?” Jiyong said, worried about leaving his dongseang alone at home.

“You are the leader, how can you not be there? Why not I stay and you go?” Seunghyun said.

“HYUNG!!!! GO!!! BOTH OF YOU!!! PLEASE!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO DIE!!” Daesung tried to aegyo to his Hyungs, in hope they would stop being so worried.

“Let’s go.. We’re going to be late. Daesung-ah, you better be alive when we come back. Don’t skip your meal just because you have to eat alone!” Youngbae said, sounding like a mother.

“Hyung, we will be leaving now. Take care and don’t go into my room!” Seungri hugged his Daesung Hyung.

“YAH YAH! ALL OF YOU! GET OUT! FROM THIS INSTANCES ONWARDS UNTIL 12AM, THIS APARTMENT IS MINE AND MINE ONLY! OUT!!” Daesung pushed his worried members out.

“Yah Daesung, I’m warning you, I don’t want to find you drunk on the sofa like the other time. I’m serious about punching the hell out of you..” Seunghyun warned.

“YES! Okay, now, would you all go? It’s already 4.15PM. Manager Hyung does not drive a sports car. He cannot get you guys to the studio in 15 minutes with Seoul’s traffic!” He said, smiling at them.

Jiyong pulled him into a tight embrace before leaving with the members. Daesung waited for them to disappear totally from his sight before closing the door.

“NOW KANG DAESUNG! THIS PLACE IS YOURS BUHAHAHAHA!!” He threw his body onto the sofa, laughing to himself. But the laughter turned into sulkiness in no time.

The pleasure of having time alone faded as quickly as it came. Soon, loneliness took over. He started feeling restless, not knowing what to do. Nothing seems to interest him. He should have gotten used to being alone in the dorm already, but does not seem like the case for him.

He opened the refrigerator and saw a few cans on beer. He stretched out his hand to take it, but Seunghyun’s words suddenly boomed in his head. He quickly drop the beer and shut the door of the refrigerator. Seunghyun meant what he say and Daesung knew better than to do otherwise what his Hyung warned. He was proud of his looks although he was not the best looking one in Big Bang and he did not want Seunghyun’s fist to change it.

He look at the clock, it was 4.25PM. Ten minutes into being alone and he is feeling lonely already. He slumped onto the sofa, staring at the ceiling. Hateful comments, disappointed faces, encouraging words, the incident itself, everything came as if on cue to flood his mind. Tears clouded his eyes. He cried about it every day, just not in front of others. The doorbell snapped him out of his thoughts.

He pushed himself off the sofa and made his way to the door. He wiped whatever tears that stained his angelic face and tried to look as normal as possible.

“HYUNG, I THOUGHT I SAID I WOULD NOT OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS!?” He stared blankly at the person at the door. He covered his wide open mouth with both his hands.

Doraemon was standing right in front of him with a guitar in its hand.

Even if you cry right now, it won’t change anything
Even if you’re gone, it won’t change anything

But why are you crying?
Why are you closing your eyes like it’s the end?
Everything has passed, smile now my baby

Even though many people left you
This song will forever be by your side (We’ll be together)
Even though all your friends left you
I’ll continue to stand here next to you

Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
One more time, for me, just give me your smile

I’ve been through all of these already
Yeah, yeah, last night
I know your good points
You know it better than me

But why are you crying?
Why are you closing your eyes like it’s the end of the world?
Everything has passed, we can’t do anything now my lady

Even though many people left you
This song will forever be by your side (We’ll be together)
Even though all your friends left you
I’ll continue to stand here next to you
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
One more time, for me, just give me your smile

Just give me your smile
Just give me your smile
Just give me your smile

Even though many people left you (left you)
This song will forever be by your side (We’ll be together)
Even though all your friends left you
I’ll continue to stand here next to you

Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
Someday you’ll shine, please give me your smile
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry
One more time, for me, just give me your smile

Just give me your smile Oh
Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry

Doraemon put the guitar down and pulled down the zipper of the jacket. Daesung threw himself onto Doraemon, smiling and crying at the same time.

“I did not know Doraemon could sing.. Doraemon should sing more because Doraemon sounds so good....” He said, in between his sobs.

“I told you all you had to do was to ask, and I’ll come, didn’t I? Why didn’t you call me? Why did you suffer alone? You idiot..” Doraemon said.

“I’m sorry.. I did not want to worry you. When did you come back? I thought you would only be back next year? _____ ah, I miss you so much! I.. I...” Daesung choked those words out.

“Shhh... Aren’t I here already? When did my smiling angel became crying angel?” _____ hushed him as she pushed him back into the house.

They sat on the sofa in silences, with him hugging her waist, head resting on her chest.

“When did you come back?” He broke the silence.

“Today. I know I am a horrible girlfriend. I wasn’t by your side when it happened, to give you strength, to be your shoulder to cry on. I’m so sorry, I was so absorbed into work that I did not even know. It was all over the news... I’m so sorry, Daesung-ah~”

“Exactly how I wanted it to be. I did not want to let myself affect your work..”

“Yah~ Do you treat me as an outsider? Why are you saying things like this?!”

“No.. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.. I just..”

“Just kidding.. Hahaha~ So easily scared.. Typical of Kang Daesung..”

Daesung shot up and grabbed her shoulders.

“YAH! SAY THAT AGAIN!!”

“That~”

“I MEAN! AISH!! NEVER MIND NEVER MIND!!”

He put the Doraemon hoot over her head and zipped it up.

“YAH!! IT’S HOT!!!!!!! I CAN’T BREATH!!” _____ yelled and kicked wildly while Daesung enjoyed the scene.

She suddenly stopped kicking and yelling. Her voice got softer and weaker and it disappeared. Daesung’s eyes widen. He pulled the zipper down and shook the girl. Her eyes were closed and she did not respond to him.

“Yah.. Are you okay? I’m sorry! Don’t scare me!! Baby?! _____-ah!! YAH!!!” He kept shaking her. His heart was racing and his tears were falling uncontrollably but he could not be bothered.

“YAH!!! DON’T DO THIS TO ME!!!!” He hugged her tight.

“Hehe.. Gotcha~” She opened her eyes and stuck out her tongue at him.

“You...” His jaws dropped. He let out a sigh of relief, but his anger started rising.

“YAH! DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS! IS THERE NOTHING ELSE TO PLAY WITH!? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TOY WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS! IT’S.. IT’S A LIFE!! YOUR LIFE!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME! IS IT FUN!?” He exploded at her, fist clenched.

She knew she had went too far this time. She looked down, unable to face him.

“I... I’m sorry... I...” She stuttered.

He hugged her tightly.

“Do this to me again and I’ll show you the Daesung you’ll never want to see, understand!?”

“Yes Sir! But.. that was scary enough.. Any scarier, I think you’ll start biting me?”

“Aish you!!” He smiled finally.

She pulled away from him.

“Why are you so thin!? Who are you trying to save those foods for huh!?” She look at him from head to toe, frowning. Indeed, he lost a visible amount of weight.

He did not say anything, he just smiled at her.

“Have they not been feeding you!?”

“Anniyo! Nothing of that sort.. Just.. You know..”

“Yah Kang Daesung, you kick up a big fuss when I skip lunch, and now look what have you done to yourself?”

“I’m sorry...”

“I’m gonna cook, and you’re going to finish it!”

“COOK!? URM!!  WE CAN EAT OUT!?”

“WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COOKING!?”

“Nothing! It’s delicious! MMM! I think it’s because you did not cook for me, that’s why I did not have the appetite to eat!”

“Really? Hehe! Okay, I’ll go cook now, you’ll sit here and wait to be serve okay!” She pushed him onto the sofa.

“Urm.. Why not we do it together? I’ll help!”

“NO!!!! I’ll do it myself! You’ll only make a mess out of it!”

“But that time it was you who almost burnt down our kitchen...” He mumbled under his breath.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing! Just wondering what are you going to cook today! Hehe~” He replied nervously.

“YOU’LL SEE! NOW, GET OUT!”

He walked out of the kitchen with a nervous heart, not knowing what to expect.

*FLASHBACK*

 “Woah.. I never expected you to be able to cook!” Daesung asked, looking at the table full of food.

“YA! What was that supposed to mean!?” _____ said, pouting at her boyfriend.

“Nothing! I thought I would be served burnt food because of the drama just now~” Daesung said, remembering the scene about an hour ago where he walked into the kitchen to see fire almost burning the stove of his, freaking him out totally.

The table was filled with food such as Kimchi Pancake, Seaweed Soup, Stir-fried Chicken, Salad, Kimchi Stew, Grilled Beef, Pasta, and even a cake. They all look so mouth watering, Daesung could not wait to try. He picked up the chopsticks and picked up a piece of chicken.

“How is it?!” _____ asked nervously, like a kid.

“MMM!!! NICE!!!” He answered, somewhat forcefully.

“REALLY!? TRY THIS!!” She shoved a spoonful of soup into his mouth, followed by a little of each food.

“IS IT GOOD!?”

“Y..Yes!!”

“GOOD! Now, finish all these okay!”

“HUH!?”

“Why... Is it not nice?” She pouted.

She picked up a spoon and picked up a piece of chicken. Before she could put it in , it was eaten away by Daesung.

“NO~ I mean.. I want it all to myself. You are not allowed to eat~”

“Hahaha okay! So eat up,yea~ ?” She said as she walked into the kitchen to finish the dishes.

“Yes.. I’ll eat up.. Hopefully I’ll be alive still after this..” He mumbled.

The truth is that the look of the food and the taste is totally the opposite. The Kimchi Pancake was tasted like powder, the Seaweed Soup was for some reason sweet, the Stir-fried Chicken was bitter, the Salad had egg shells in it, the Kimchi Stew was burnt, the Grilled Beef has too much pepper, the Pasta was sour thanks to the vinegar and lastly, the cake was salty.

Still, not wanting to waste her efforts, Daesung finished everything. He knew it was her first time cooking, not wanting to destroy her mood, he did not let her try it. After that, he never allowed her to cook again. He always gave excuses such as it was too troublesome and tiring for her. He meant what he say, but he had another meaning to it, of course.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

But now, he did not have the heart to decline her cooking. He missed her so much. Despite her busy schedule, she flew back to Korea just for him and she even dressed up and sang for him, something she would never do in the past.

“Looks like today I’ll just have to eat.. Daesung, you did it once, you can do it again!” He gave himself a pat on his shoulder.

After half an hour, she called out for him. He dragged himself to the table. This time, she did not cook a whole table of dishes, but only two. He stared at the food; Kimchi Fried Rice with Sunny Side up and Samgyupsal.

“Why are you standing there? Sit down..” She put a glass of water beside him.

He in a deep breath before picking up the spoon. He bit his bottom lip as he scooped a spoonful of fried rice. He looked at her. She smiled back at him, gesturing him to try. He put the food in his mouth, reluctantly. He chewed slowly, anticipating the worst to happen, but to his surprise, it never came. The kimchi fried rice tasted exactly how kimchi fried rice should taste like! It was not sweet, sour or salty, it was just right. The Samgyupsal was not burnt, but in fact cooked just right.

He look at her with widen eyes before indulging into the food in front of him. He kept shoving food into his mouth without speaking.

“Daesung ah~ Are you having identity crisis?” She asked him.

“HMM??” He look at her with stuffed cheeks, confused at her statement.

“You’re Kang Daesung, the HUMAN. Not a food processor! EAT LIKE A HUMAN! SLOWLY!!” She handed him water.

He smiled as he ate. He could not believe he was actually eating proper food cooked by her. He finished everything in less than fifteen minutes.

“How long have you been starving, my baby?” She stared at the empty plates, then at him.

“It’s just too nice!! Have you been taking cooking lessons!? Haha~”

“I HAVE NOT! I have just been improving.. How can I ever let you eat such horrible food again?”

“What?”

“That meal the other time. I know it was bad! I never expected you to finish everything and not say a word about it. You lied to me, didn’t you?”

Daesung stared at the plate, clearly avoiding her question.

“Food is not going to appear no matter how hard you stare at it. I know you lied because you did not want to hurt me. But honestly, if it’s bad, just say it’s bad, okay?”

He look up at her.

“Even if it’s bad, I’ll finish it.”

“How many times must I say, you’re human, not a food processor?”

“Hmm.. I don’t know~ Maybe another 300 times?”

“Shut up!”

After doing the dishes, they sat on the sofa, with him lying on her lap. He played with her long hair, pretending to snip them with his fingers. She suddenly pulled her hair away from him and gather it all to the side before dropping it onto his face, freaking him out because of the sudden darkness.

“HAIR MASK!!!” She yelled.

“Huh? HAHAHA!” He was lost for words, so was she.

“Why did I do that?” She asked him, hoping he has an answer for her sudden action.

“No idea. But it’s just you to do such things..”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean only you can think of something like that. Your brain is just.. you know, a little different from ours..” He said, in a as a matter of fact tone.

“Kang Daesung, are you saying I’m crazy?”

“EH! HOW DO YOU KNOW!? HAHAHA!”

He got up and pinned her down onto the sofa, tickling her.

“Yah yah okay stop! Oww my sides hurt! Please stop!!” She tried to push him away but he was too strong for her.

“When did you become so strong....” She whined, rubbing her sore wrists.

“After I ate your power fried rice?” He showed her his muscles.

“I was pretty sure I did not add batteries into the food.. Hmm..”

“Seeing you, it gives me strength.” He pulled her close to him.

“You’re my pillar of strength. Without you, I feel so lifeless, so weak.” He said, sincerely.

“Are you trying to say I’m only useful when you are feeling weak?!”

“Honestly _____ ah~ WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SPOIL THE MOMENT!?”

“Hahahaha! Because it’s just my style to do it~ Hehe..”

“That’s true. At least I know this is the real you, not some imposter..“ He kissed her cheek.

They remain in each other arms comfortably for quite some time.

“This Doraemon suit is mine, isn’t it?” Daesung suddenly asked.

“IT’S MINE! I BOUGHT IT FROM JAPAN!”

“But mine is made in Japan too!!”

“TSK! Are you the only one who can wear it!?”

“I’m just asking! Mine seems to have disappeared!”

“Maybe Seunghyun Oppa hid it because you scared the hell out of him that time!”

“But.. This looks like mine!!”

“Kang Daesung, every Doraemon suit looks the same!”

“This looks exactly like mine!!!”

“WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SPOIL THE MOMENT!?”

“I DON’T KNOW! IT’S JUST MY STYLE TO DO IT!!”

“YAH!!! That’s my sentence!!”

“THAT’S MY SUIT!!”

“IT’S NOT!!”

“RETURN ME MY SUIT AND I’LL RETURN YOU YOUR SENTENCE!!”

“YOU’RE IMPOSSIBLE!”

“I know, but it’s still my suit!”

“Are we going to continue yelling at each other!?”

“Fine.. Sorry..”

“Apology accepted. And want to know something?”

“What?”

“IT’S REALLY YOUR SUIT BUHAHAHAHA!!!”

“TAKE IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“It’s on me now, so it’s MINE!!!”

_____ ran all over the house with Daesung chasing her behind. He was obviously faster, he caught her in no time.

“You’re in my arms, so you’re mine.”

“You wish! Let me go! I’ll return your suit!!”

“No~ I want you more than this suit. I can buy this suit again but I can’t buy you.”

“Let me go!!!”

“NO NO NO!!”

He carried her up and walked out of the room, kissing her neck as he walk.

“OMO!” Jiyong turned around, trying to push the other members out of the house.

“Daesung.. _____.. Are you all clothed?!”

Daesung and _____ look at the leader strangely.

“OF COURSE!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING HYUNG!?”

Jiyong’s face turned red while the rest laugh at his weirdness.