Decisions...

East meets South

Kris

When Seok called me to tell Natasha was admitted in the hospital, my blood ran cold. I could not think straight. All I could do was stumble into the car and speed off as fast as I could.

Only when I reached the hospital and felt a hand pull me back, I remembered that Ari was still there with me. My worry turned to guilt as I stared at her terrified face looking up at me. I could see that she was trying to be patient and hiding her worry. At that moment all I wanted to do was hug her and tell her it's okay. But the thought bought me out of my reverie. Everything was not okay. Tasha was lying in the ER, and it was possibly because of me.

I turned to go after adding, ""Seok will come out in a bit and take you home."

But she pulled me back again, her eyes imploring me to tell her what's wrong. A sudden irritation crept into me and I caught myself thinking, its all because of the nightmare. If only she would not have called when I was with Tasha, this would not have happened. I knew it was baseless of me to even think that, but at that moment having the possibility someone... anyone... to blame was too tempting and so I took it.

So I gently pry her hands off my arm and leave with a 'stay here'. 

As I enter the ER and look at Tasha, my boddy almost sags with relief that she looks fine and not in any danger. I remember her concern about me when she called me today to meet and smile slightly.

Never taking my eyes off her, I ask Seok, "How?"

Ari

It finally sinks in, why he looked so stricken after the call, why he turned away. I look at him, ready to comfort him but the expression on his face stops me short. I have never seen anyone look at anyone with such tender expression, as he slightly brushes the patient's face with his fingertips.

"How?", he asks, without turning to look anywhere else except at the patient.

"She must've drank too much. Sehun found her, got her here and called me", Seok replies before adding, " Ms. Natasha mumbled something about you being with her and leaving. Should we be concerned?"

Kris tenses at that but whispers, "I was with her but had to leave because of...", he hesitates but continues anyway, "something. I should have never left her."

Suddenly Sehun mutters, "Damn right you should'nt have."

Kris just nods in defeat without talking. But Seok continues, "It is not advisable for you to be here. Go back, I'll stay and keep you posted."

"No", Kris replies immediately, his tone harsh. Seok must have understood something because he goes and gently places an arm of Kris's shoulder.

After a hearbeat he speaks, still not looking away, "Thank you, Sehun. Truly."

I turn to Sehun, who I did not realize had been looking at me with a weird expression, just as he whips his head towards Kris, maybe at the genuine gratefulness in his voice or the obvious relief I don't know.

Sehun finally grunts out an 'It's okay, hyung' but I catch him looking at Kris & Seok with a slightly softer gaze than his usual daggers.

My eyes return to the man beside the bed and I find myself unable to leave even when I desperately wanted to. I feel faint.

Suddenly a hand grabs me and leads me outside the room and the hospital. I go along, finally being able to breath, thankful that it did. I look up expecting to find Seok instead finding Sehun gazing curiously at me.

The whole night comes crashing around me and I snap a much harsher, "What?", than I intended.

He just shakes his head and mutters, "You look a bit...", but changes saying, "Nevermind, you have a ride or you want me to drop you off somewhere?"

I look up at him, and notice that he is almost as tall as Kris. i grimace as I think of his name so in an attempt to distract my mind I blurt out, "Why do yo hate me so much? Is it because of Seok? And that girl who I replaced?"

Sehun looks surprised at that. But he smirks slightly before shaking his head, "No. I don't really hate you. I mean I don't even know you..", he starts saying but looking at my incredulous expression he grins sheepishly, "Fine! Okay! I haven't treated you well, I agree but that was not because I hated you. It was because I wanted people to blame and be mad at. Because even though I know that Eun bi left (my girlfriend) on her own accord, I could not bring myself to hate her or blame her. It was much easier pinning it on Seok. And its clear to whoever has eyes, that Seok respects and maybe even likes you. So well, subsequently my hate boiled down to you as well, I guess. By association, I guess."

"Then what changed... that you are telling me this now?" I persist.

"Well, for one you asked directly, which you have never done before. And also I realized thsi blame game can be damaging. I mean look at Kris Hyung", he shrugged.

My throat tightened as I look at Sehun, hoping he would tell me what he meant by that. But he looked and me and seemed to sense something because next second he extends his hand causing me to jump back.

Sehun

I chuckle slightly at her jump and still holding my hand out I say, "I apologize for whatever happened in the past. What do you say? Should we startover?"

She looks at me suspiciously for a second but takes my hand anyway, smiling sligtly, though I can still see the traces of pain in her eyes.

I smile. Tao and the others were right. This girl grows on you, "Great! Treat me as your friend then. I anyway heard that you are barely a year older than me? So to pay back for all my assiness, I give a chance to use me as a venting machine. Now or anytime."

Her smile grows a little wider, "Thanks but I don't vent. Heh. But I'm glad we could do this."

"Well it's an offer of a shoulder", I grin.

Which you will be needing if my hnch about what is going on is right, I thought to myself grimly even as I continued walking with Ari.

And I only hope that you and hyung would not detrory each other amidst all this, I sighed internally, looking at her smiling facade and remembering how Kris hyung looked in the ER.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haha. Sorry for this being all about Sehun, but he will be playing a major role from now on.

Eeeep! I can't wait. Seriously! To show you guys where this is going!

Next update coming soon!

Please wait and while you are at it, please Like, Comment and Subscribe!!!

Toodlooo :D