And the bond...

East meets South

###Ari's POV###

I had to contol my reaction when I saw him. I had a hint as to why I was so unbelievably happy but my sub con chided, Earth to darling, yes he's hot and wonderful but this happiness aint going anywhere further. Better clear of idol boy now...

There were fleeting expressions on his face before he settled for a smirk. "Going somewhere?" he drawled.

"Yeah. Hell. Wanna go?" I said sugary sweet.

The corners of his lip quirked up, "Sounds fun. Can I go Hyung?"

He looked at Seok who shrugged, "Sure", and we headed out.

"Now where to?" Seok asked coming up to me. 

I turned to him and smiled, "Namsan?"

"Too many people", he grimaced.

"Okay, then... drinks?" I grinned.

"Haha now we're talking", he sounded excited.

"Let's walk to that store in Insadong. That ajhumma is the only one who sells veggie snacks and beer" I said.

"No Soju?" Seok wanted to know.

I scrunched up my nose in answer.

But Kris interrupted, "Uh... sorry to interrupt your cutesy little date but you guys do realize Insadong in about an hour's distance from here?"

Seok's smile slipped at that. "Watch it Yi Fan. I-", he started with a pissed off tone.

I interrupted, "I'm joking. Jeez. There's one inside the next lane, its a half hour walk but it's completely deserted except for a few ajhusshis who wont even recognize you. So chop chop. I'm starving!", I ended and took a deep breath.

So that's how we ended up in the small plastic make shift restaurant and Seok ended up getting pissed. 

"Whose great idea was it to go drinking", Kris muttered as he tried to shove a very drunk and very heavy Seok into a cab. 

"What did I know you all drink like girls here", I snapped back. 

Girls? That man downed around 10 bottles of that disgusting drink and he is still able to stand with support. If that isnt hot, I don't know what is. My sub was very close to falling in love with Seok.

I rolled my eyes at her, but Kris caught me, "Rolling eyes ain't cute, so don't try", which made me roll them again.

We finally placed Seok in the cab and gave the cabbie instructions where to go.

"You should've gone with him", I said worried.

"And have him bite my head of for leaving a half drunk girl, especially you, alone?" he asked.

"Especially me?", I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, whatever", he looked away but continued, "Seok seems... different. He isnt like this. He rarely jokes and almost never gets this drunk. And both happen around you. So, well." 

"He wanted to chill at your dorm. I'm the one who dragged him out. He must've forgotten fun", I said, a bit uneasily.

"Or he is attracted to you?" Kris offered.

"Maybe... or not. He's known me for like a week. And anyway I'm a tad bit attracted to him as well...honestly, who will not be..I mean well him... and then you and god knows what. Ugh..can you not bring such up", I mumbled.

"Speak up. I don't speak gibberish", he leaned in, possibly to hear clearly.

"So, how is uh...Natasha", I asked out of the blue, reverting my gaze to the ground.

He seemed surprised but answered after a second, "Well, I honestly don't know. I have not had a chance to meet her yet. I have to know what happend five years ago or whatever it is. It all depends on that I guess... She was the one, back then, I was sure of that. But things have changed, a lot of things. I have changed and then you..."

I looked up at him, as his voice changed at 'you', to find Kris staring at me.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks and turned away just as Kris said a bit awkwardly, "Well, anyway...um, where do you live?"

"I'll go by myself. Bye", I replied as I started walking off.

Kris hesitated for a second and fell into step beside me. 

We walked in silence and I felt like I would go crazy with the awkward.

"Kris, listen, about the date... I din't mean it. I mean, I did but not in that way. I just wanted to...well... I don't know why I said that. I mean I do know, you are really hot... so can we just forget it? Imma go crazy from the awkward."

He raised an eyebrow at that, "I'm hot?" 

"What, you did not know?" I retorted.

"I did, but it's always nice to hear it from people. Especially if it's from arabian nightmares", he smiled widely then. I blinked a few times which only made his smile grow wider. 

To cover my reaction I shoved him. He tripped me but caught me by the sleeve in the last second and snickered.

"Choi Young Do looked mucchhh better doing that. And not to mention, cooler."

"Woo Bin hyung in Heirs?" he asked frowning.

"Yep", I said with conviction then asked, "Hyung? YOU KNOW HIMM?"

"Mhmm, we go out to eat sometimes", he said causing me to shriek like the hopeless fan girl I am. 

###Kris POV###

She shrieks. Loudly.

I somehow never imagined Ari shrieking. But here she was begging me to let her meet Woo Bin hyung jusssssst onceee...pleaseeee.

It amused me to no extent. After a startlingly honest conversation, I somehow felt closer to her. It was not awkward any more, atleast.

The fact that she din't play coy denying Seok's obvious attraction surprised me but it was refreshing. And the fact that she admitted, or rather mumbled, to her attraction to Seok nagged at me.

I almost admitted that I was attracted too when she said I was hot but held myself back. What was the point in ruining a comfortable rapport with that kind of talk?

"This is my stop", she said when we reached, "Come up for coffee?"

"Sure. Anything to not have hangover tomorrow", I nodded.

So we went up and there wasn't any one at her place. She read a note from Jen saying she'll be back later.

She went in, threw her bag and tied that shock of curly hair up. Somehow being in the small space with her and her bare neck was highly uncomfortable.

Oblivious to my disturbed mind she made coffee and ordered me to fetch the mugs.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I found she was making coffee in a weird way. She ignored me and continued with her coffee making.

"So you are to meet the rest of the kids on Monday?" I changed the subject.

"Well, I guess." I thought she sounded nervous.

"Ofcourse I am", she snapped. I looked at her, surprised.

"No, I can not read your mind. But your face is another story. I am surprised how you manage to look so stoic on screen at this rate."

I rolled my eyes and wandered out to the living room but continued talking, "They are all fine...more or less. You already know Beakh, Tao, Chen and Minseok. And then there's Junmyun-"

"Who you have issues with", she interrupted, "well I was briefed so..."

I chose to ignore her and continued from the living room, "..who is the leader, there's Kai and Sehun... who have attitude issues but we love them anyway. Sehun hates Seok and Chanyeol, who incidentally might like you, considering you both always laugh and are so perceptive to others-"

"You think I'm pe-", she spoke up again.

I cut her off, "-Yes I think you are perceptive- And D.O. is well, he is placid."

"Right", she called out.

"Then there's my group, Luhan and Lay. Luhan is well, he minds his own business. Lay is just...well, he's just there", I finished the crash course.

"Lay is super duper cute. Especially those dimples", she giggled from the kitchen.

"Whatever", I muttered just as she entered the room.

"Jjang! Here is the Indian coffee...once you've atsted this, you can NEVER go back!"

I looked at her skeptically before sipping it carefully, a sigh escaped through my lips.

She grinned, "Whaaat did I tell you?!", she gloated in my face.

I rolled my eyes and resumed looking around as she settled cross legged on the couch.

"Nice collage", I turned back to her. She looked up from the magazine she was flipping through and smiled.

"And smiles come easily to you, don't they?" I continued.

She smiled broadely at that, "Yes, they do. And I look good when I smile so...", she laughed at her wit.

"Whatever", I dodged, because saying she does not look absolutely beautiful when she smiles would be a lie.

"I know I'm absolutely beautiful when I smile", she said cheekily as I realized she just read my mind... again

"How did you...", I started saying just as her eyes widened and she literally rolled off the couch on to the floor laughing and I had to give her a hand to sit up straight.

"You ac-ac-actually feel th-th-th-at", she said in between her guffaws.

"Well, you are not exactly ugly", I snapped.

She starightened at that, although I could say she was restraining her smiles. So I turned back to the collage and started examining the huge array of about 500 pictures stuck together covering one entire wall.

"I like to click them, with each person I meet", she said coming up behind me, "keeps memories fresh."

I looked at her standing beside me, looking up at the picture. I could not imagine what she was thinking.

"Well, when I meet new people and interact with them, I almost always learn something...anything. Even if I don't, it's a menory, my menory... interlaced with theirs. There's something almost magical in that logic. I keep one and give them one. Five years from now, or maybe 10 years from now I hope to look at these photos and think..ah I was like that when I met her or ah this random guy taught me this or wah, I had so much fun with these people that day.  If they lose it or wanna throw it away that's their choice, ofcourse, but when they have it... its making memories, embracing them, remembering forgotten trips, moments. It would make them feel special that they were a part of someone's story... well that's atleast how I feel", she trailed off.

I glanced sideways at her as she spoke, she barely reached my shoulders, she was chewing her lower lip (again) staring at those pictures, explaining what they mean to her. At that moment she seemed like the most enchating girl I have ever met.

She saw me staring at her and continued fast with an air of nonchalence, seeming conscious, "And well somethinglikethat."

I laughed at that, "It's okay. I know you are made of stone and some other wierd substances."

She gave me a wry smile.

I said, "So where's me there?" 

She looked at me questioningly.

I shrugged, "Well I would definitely call our encounter worth atleast 10 photos. It was out of a makjang, honestly."

Her face lit up at that, "Oh yes!!! Wait here!", she said and dashed insided and came running out in a second, out of breath. 

After she gathered her bearings, she pulled me down to her and yelled, "Kimchiiiiiiiiiii!!!"

That memory, along with the poloroid photo, I saved it. The memory when I felt true affection, awe and respect for this tiny girl beside me, memory showing the level of easy comfort I felt with her. I etched it into my brain... a memory that marked our first moment and photo together.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I feel happy too, today. My Seoul Trip is back ONNNNNNNNNN People!!! :D

Thanks for sooooo many messages :) <3

But why can't ya'al comment... i'm guessing it's easier than sending messages!

Sooooo anywayyyy moving on........How do you guys like it so far?!!!!!!

Leave a comment, subbscribe and Upvote!!!

You know it :D