And life goes on... Almost!

East meets South

Ari

I strectch my sore limbs, rubbing my eyes tiredly. Its been a week since that fateful brunch at my house. I can't even remember what free time would feel like. I finally clicked the save option on the document I was working on. 

That finishes EXO K, my usually snipy sub con also sighed in partial relief. 

And it was true. The last seven days have been gruelling. The individual depositions were scheduled first and I had to sit with the Korean subgroup members for hours at end. Not that I was complaining (Have you like looked at those hot humans!) but the amount of work that had to be done dampened the whole damn experience for me.

And on top of my work woes there was Oh Sehun. A sigh involuntarily escapes my lips thinking about that kid. When I first met him, I thought he hated me. But I could not have been any more wrong. That boy does not just hate me, he seems to loathe me... and with vengence. He brings back all the memories I've locked and tucked away. Memories I really do not want to be brought back.

Happy thoughts, Ari, Happy thoughts, my sub hummed at me.

Right. Happy thoughts. Kris.

It was funny how I started relating happiness with Kris. He is the most moody 360 degrees guy I have ever laid my eyes on. But there was something about him that almost always made me smile. After that weekend at my places, he started texting me and I wasted no time in reciprocating. Putting his hotness aside, I realized he was fun to talk to as well. 

You sound like a hopeless girl who is head over heels for a guy, my sub rolled her eyes at me.

I mentally stuck my tongue out at her and stood up, all ready to go home, when my message tone went off.

From: Idol Boy

How's it goin'?

My lips automatically twitch into a smile as I hit reply.

To: Idol Boy

Good, mostly. Which part of the world are you texting from? 

 I clicked my phone shut and made my way out. I walked out of the building into the cold Seoul night. It was refereshing, especially after being couped up in that tiny office space for the last four days.  I even ended up deciding to walk home instead of taking a bus.

I buried my hands deeper into my jacket pocket as I thought back to that dinner with 10 of the noisiest human beings I have ever met. 

Between the shoving and dibs for the seats, I somehow ended up sitting between Kris and Chanyeol. I smiled imagining myself between those two crazy long limbed guys. Even while sitting they towered over me.

After the dinner, I waved at all of them as they got into their vans. I pulled Kris behind by his hand just as he was about to walk away.

"Aww, can't bear to part with me, already?" he smirked at me.

Ignoring the urge to wipe that smug expression with my fist, I smiled at him, "Thanks so much for today."

He seemed surprised at that but just nodded.

I let go off his arm and stepped back but he looked at me and reached out a hand to my cheek. I stepped back at the sudden movement but he caught my elbow with one hand to pull me closer, his other hand went to my face slowly.

I looked at him, startled, "Wh-what are you doing?"

"There's sauce on your face", he simply answered as he placed the tip of his forfinger to the corner of my lips to wipe it off and then the sauce of his finger.

"There you go", he casually let me go and stepped back.

I could hear Tao and Baekhyun gasp and giggle. I hoped the other members dd not witness this blasphemy. To hide my flaming face, I waved hurriedly to him and turned away but he continued without letting my hand go, "And call me if you need anything at all."

Now walking back home, I could not help but blush at the memory. I realized I was blushing quite a lot these days. All because of that stupid adonis like perfect man.

Speaking of him, I fished for my phone in the bag to check if he's replied, but I realized I had forgotten the phone back in the office. I immediately retraced back to the building to retrieve my phone. I entered my room and checked the desk, but it wasn't there.

'Weird, I remember leaving it here', I muttered to myself as I started checking the drawers. 

"Looking for this?" a voice whispered close to my year. I gave a loud yelp and staggered back. Headfirst. Into the desk.

I must have fainted or something but when I came around, he said did not expect me to fall onto the desk and hurt myself.

We were sitting on the couch in the co ordinator's lounge and I was shooting daggers at me as he gently dabbed the cold pack on my forehead. Inspite of the annoying butterflies that were zooming in my stomach at his touch, I continued giving him the stink eye. But he just smiled very sweetly at me.

Irritated at his 360 degrees shift in behaviour, I snatched the pack from his hands, "Get lost! I can take care of myself."

"Come on, don't be like that! I said I was sorry!" he tried in a pacifying tone that one usually uses when dealing with 5 year olds.

 "Keep your sorry to yourself, you-you freak", I scowled at him and got up, "I'm leaving."

I made my way to the door, a little disoriented because of the fall, but beofre I could get out of the door, he came behind me and shut the door. I looked back to shoot him another death glare but the sudden proximity unnerved me. I tried swevering the other side but he placed his free hand there. And I was trapped against the door. And him.

Kris

I had absolutely no idea why I did that. I mean I had an inkling why but I did not dwell on it.

I have missed this crazy arabian nightmare and by the way she was looking up at me, inspite of her anger, I could see she missed me too. Though either of us had no idea why.

She was trying to avoid eye contact and it looked like she was shrinking into the door. 

"Ari", I called out softly. I was so caught up in the moment. She looked at me but quickly averted her gaze again. I raised my hand and caressed the bruise on her forehead with my thumb lightly, "I'm sorry. For this."

She just nodded without looking at me. I wanted to look into her eyes, to see what she was thinking but right at that time, the door knob jerked.

I stepped back and Ari turned around and straightened herself before opening the door. I mentally groaned when I saw who was on the other side.

"Ari ssi, ready to go?" Seok asked smiling widely at her, until he registered me there.

His eyes narrowed visibly at me, "What are you doing here, Yi Fan? Weren't you supposed to be in Beijing?"

"It's good to see you too, Hyung", I reply with a bite and I turn to Ari almost accusingly, "Ready to go where?"

She looks at Seok, puzzled.

"You promised you would treat me to Biryani", he winked at her. HE ING WINKED.

"Oh yes! Sorry Seok ssi. I completely forgot!" she looked guilty and I hated it.

Seok smiled at her indicating it was all good, before turning to me, "Are you joining us?"

Ari looked up at me hopefully, like she wanted me to say yes. But I was reeling.

"No", I said to Seok before turning to her, "I'm sorry I interrupted you, I did not know you had a date",  I said in my coldest tone. With that I bowed slightly and walked out without even sparing another glance at her. But before I could get out of the ear-shot Seok spoke up.

"Aria, I ... what was that?" he seemed hesitant.

"Nothing important", she replied firmly as I heard a shuffle, "Let's go. I'm positively starving."

"Ari", he said again, warningly.

I could not help but feel a bit irked at their familiarity. They seem closer, somehow. 

"Sunbae, its nothing. I'm going to eat, you in or out?" I heard her sigh.

"Fine! Let's go", I heard Seok say just as the door opened. I ducked into the nearest room as they walked past me. I stamped down an urge to drag her away for myself and huffed my way out of the building and towards the van to dorms.

***

Kris

I was glaring at my packet of Lays as I sat in the drawing room. The local TV channel was playing some documentary which I was barely playing attention to.

Baekhyun came in and plopped himself down beside me. He tried to knick my chips but I squatted his hand away, maybe a bit forcefully which caused him to screech.

"Ow. hyung, waeirossoyo?" he whined. I just shifted and resumed glaring at the packet.

"Well, ge, he cant really the chips off your lips. So why don't you just give some to him", I heard Tao say as he entered the room and gave me a erted wink.

"Shut up", I flared. Thinking about all that made me remember where the nightmare is and with who. It left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"C'mon, hyung. I bet tomato sauce is your favourite now. BTW, how did Ari feel about your little stunt?" Baekhyun continued with a smug look.

I banged the coffee table hard with my fists, spilling the chips everywhere, "Ask, Seok. He should know better", I hiss at them.

Tao turns quiet while Baekh just stares at me open mouthed.

"Hyung, do you lik her?" Tao is the first to ask the dreaded question.

I scoff, "I have to take care of my situation with Natasha first."

"Which we all know is terribly one sided. And anyway, that is not what I asked", the kid persists.

I glare at him but he stares right back. I give in and nodd slightly.

"Aww... Look at the confession. Is she banging you yet?", Sehun struts into the room and asks with a scorn.

"Sehun", Baekh warns him.

"What? Oh and get this hyung", he replies smirking at me, "I saw her leaving with Seok tonight. They looked cozy, what with her feeding him that third world . Guess you are sharing her, eh? When's your turn, hyung?"

"Enough, Sehun", I say calmly, though I was feeling anything but. I was annoyed that what he said was getting to me. And I did not want to fight with Sehun over a girl. So I decided it would be best if I walked away.

No sooner I slammed the door of my room shut, I heard the phone ring.

"Kev, hi, its Natasha", she said and my heart skipped a beat at her voice, "I was wondering if we could catch up. Over lunch or something?"

"How about right now?" I spoke into the phone before adding, "If..um... you haven't had dinner yet?

She did not speak for so long that I had to check if we were still on line, "Um... Tasha?"

"Ye-yea. Sure. There's a italian walk in near Itaewon. I'll see you at 8.30?" she asked.

"Sure. See you there", I was about to click my phone shut when she added hesitantly," Uh- Kev, are you okay? You sound... a bit off."

"We'll talk when we meet",I smiled at her ability to know if something was wrong and added, "And Nutty, thanks.. for this."

"It's okay, Fanny. AND DONT YOU DARE CALL ME THAT, YOU LOSER", she shrieked and cut the call. 

I smiled at my phone but that turned into a frown. I picked up the alpaca toy from where it was lying face down on my bed, "I think its time to decide, Ace. I hope ... I just hope she won't get hurt in all of this... that it won't be me who is gonna hurt her."

I threw the toy back, shaking my head and headed to the shower.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello World! 

*Comes out of the cave where I've been hibernating*

How are you guys!?? Miss me? :P

I know I missed ya'll. SO MUCH.

So here's the update I've been postponing for like forever! Hope you guys like it.

And there's another update (Hopefully 2 ;) ) by tonight. Please wait .

If you like the story, don't forget to smile, subscribe and vote!

Tooodloo <3