Moonlight walks... Unexpected developments

East meets South

Ari

I was staring blankly at my polaroid photo filled walls. I hated being confused and that was what I was feeling right now. The only way to end this is to talk to Kris and I hadn't shoed from clling him a few times, but just got his voice mail.

"Hey, bum... where have you been?" Junho plopped down beside me on the couch and snatched the pillow I was leaning my chin on.

I ignored him and buried my face in my hands. 

I felt Jen plop down on my other side and together they pried my hands off my face. I groaned. 

"I do not feel like a spanish inquisition, Jen", I snap.

"Who said anything about a spanish inquisition?" Jen retorted. I bit my lip. 

"That would be her guilt conscience", Junho nodded serenly. I sighed.

"So, what's up", Jen asked but before I could open my mouth to say nothing she cut me off, "And do not say nothing, kid, or Imma blow a gasket."

I closed my mouth and resumed to stare at the wall, hoping if I ignore them enough, they will go away. Unfortunately for me, they did not. 

"Is it about that hot idol boy of yours?" Junho asked with a smug grin.

I loved these guys a lot, especially Jen, but if I even let it slip of what I'm going through right now, I'm sure she will give me a 10th degree hell.

But before I could run out or hope for the earth (in this case, my couch) to swallow me, my phone came to life. It was Kris.

"Kris!", I tried not to sound so happy about his call.

"Uh.. Hey", he sounded hesitant.

"Yes?" I breathed into the phone. My heart was beating a mile per minute.

Kris

My meeting with Natasha did not exactly go as planned. And I was the reason for it. Even when she kissed me, all I could think of was that nightmare and how she would feel in my arms, her lips on mine. But Natasha had asked me if I wanted to startover. That distant dream of mine had now become reality and now I do not know what I should do anymore.  

 It did not help that before I could respond to Natasha, my phone came to life and it was the nightmare. And so I decided I need to meet her to make sense of what was going on with me. So, though I did not intend to, I shrugged off Natasha saying I need some time and left.

As I slowed my car down, I realized I was already in the nightmare's neighborhood. I sighed and decided to call her even as I remembered she rushed away for dinner with Seok. 

I'll tell her, if takes my call. If she dosen't I'll go back and never think about this again, I thought to myself childishly as I dialled her number already hoping she would take my call. Because the idea of not being her is not all that appealing to me.

"Kris!", she sounded surprised. God! She took my call!

All I could say was, 'Uh..Hey'. I was still trying to process why I called her and I was trying to process why I am even here when I could have been happily have been making out with my beautiful ex-girlfriend. Hell, I was trying to understand why her voice made me smile all of a sudden.

"Yes?" I could hear her breathe into the phone. With some satisfaction, I noticed that even she sounds nervous.

I cleared my throat unecessarily and spoke up, "I'm outside."

"Oh", she replies. I roll my eyes. All she has to say is oh?

"So... uh, can I see you for a minute?" I mutter, already annoyed. How can I possibly be attracted to her?

"Yes! See you in a blink", suddenly she says with urgency.

I end the call and try to think of what to say to Aria.

Should I tell her about Natasha? Should I just tell her I might be into her? Aren't I an idol? I'm wanted by millions of girls and here I am trying to figure out how to admit to possibly liking one.

There is a rap on my window. It's her. She comes around as I open the door to the other side and gets in the passenger seat.

I look sideways at her. That's weird. She isn't smiling today. She looks deep in thought.

We sit like that for sometime before she says matter of factly, "Seok asked me out today."

I almost choke at that, "That is nice. What did you say?", I ask as calmly as possible.

She turns to me with a frown and turn away to continue staring out of the window. 

"It's beautiful", she sighs.

I look at her and wonder what in the world she is going on about. All I want to do is shake her and scream for an answer to Seok's question but I grip my steering in frustration instead.

"Lets go somewhere. Where I can walk freely in the moonlight", she says and when I'm about to blow up at her vague attempts to change the topic she adds, "with you."

Ari

He drove for almost two hours before he stopped at some forest looking area. I looked at him when he stopped the car, he nodded without turning to look at me.

I got off and started walking. I could hear hear him follow the suit. I slowed my pace for him to catch up but realized he's walking making sure he's always a step behind me. A lot was weighing on my mind and I really did not know if what I was about to do was the right thing.

You never bothered about the right thing before, so why now? my sub chides me. I scowl at her interference but continue walking, trying to figure out how to tell him something that he clearly won't like.

Kris

I wanted to walk beside her. The urge to grab her hand and enlace her fingers with mine as we walk was so strong that I was actually surprised at the intensity of my own feelings. But I held back. When I called her, I made up my mind to tell her all about Nutty and my jumbled feelings but after hearing about Seok and seeing her float like this, I'm not so sure now.

She made no attempt to stop and I did not either. It was already past two hours since I've left with her and we've been walking for quite some time.

Without warning she comes to a halt and I almost run into her at the same time she turns to me. And in a classic Nightmare way loses her footing at our proximity. My hand reaches out on its own accord and snakes around her waist as I pull her to me. She steadies herself on my forearm but does not let go.

She looks at me and I feel myself go numb as I lean down with all intentions to kiss her. Just as I was about to taste her, she pushes me away.

"Let's not. Please.", she says gruffly.

Rejection washes over me, followed by utter rage.

"What the hell, Aria Bharadwaj", I scream in frustration. I want her. Worse, I think I need her.

"Listen to me", she replies, "I... we, you need to know something."

I calm myself enough to listen. Just because she asked. Just because I realize I can never say no to this girl.

"I like you. I don't know yet if its really feelings or just attraction because...well... because you look like this," she indicates the whole of me, "But yes, I like you."

"And I'm sorry I'm spouting this out to you, but I think I'll go crazy if I don't. I think it started around the time when you came to my house that night to drop me. I really don't know.", she continued at a lightning fast speed.

I open my mouth to say something but before I get a chance, she starts again.

"I know you can't be with me. I know you have your girl in your life right now. So its okay. It will take sometime but I will get over it. Then I will want to be with somebody and obviously Seok would be an option because he's hot and I think he's an amazing person. But that's not the point. The point is... well, I like you", she pauses out of breath but only takes a second before finishing off with, "Ok. I'm done. Let's go."

With that she starts walking very fast back to the car. I'm too shocked to say anything or stop her. 

Ari

I can't believe I said that out loud. What's done is done, Ari I tell myself as I steel myself for his reaction.

He looks like he is about to say something when his phone starts ringing. He smiles lightly and gestures me to hold on and fishes his phone out of his pocket. But that smile vanishes immediately as he looks at the screen. He looks torn for about 5 seconds before his expression hardens a little and he answers the phone.

I'm mildly annoyed that he takes the call but I shrug it off because he would'nt take it unless he thought it was important. 

"Yes?", he says into the phone. Hmm must be someone he knows and is informal with, my sub notes.

I snap at her to keep quiet as Kris's face turns into one of concern as he nods, hangs up and starts walking towards the car without even looking at me. I follow him quietly now anxious if something bad had happened judging by his expressions. He doesn't look at me even when we reach the car. Not wanting to pry, I also follow his suit in silence.

After the long drive back, during which I had sneaked a few glances at him but could still not ask anything because of his stoic expression, I notice that he is parking us in a hospital.

Now my panic in full mode, I turn to him to ask what is going on but he is already out of the car. I unbuckle my seatbelt and run after him, grabbing his hand. He turns back and stares blankly at me for a second, as if he forgot my prescence.

He seems to gather his wits as he speaks, "Seok will come out in a bit and take you home."

He turns back to walk in but I grab him back again not ready to let go without knowing what terrible thing must've happened for him to act this way. But he gently pries my hand off his arm and leaves with a 'stay here'. Not one to be left behind, I follow him with my heart in my throat, silently praying that nothing happened to any of s. It was a short span but I had taken a liking to each one of them, even Sehun inspite of the cold way he treats me.

As I turn the corner, I saw him heading into the ER. My blood turns cold imagining what harm came to whom. I suddenly am not too sure I want to follow him. I wanted to turn away and wait for Seok to come for me or even leave by myself. But my legs seemed to have their own accord as they followed him. I reached the door for the ER and braced myself for entering. I stopped short at the sight I saw.

It was Seok, who I had already expected to be there, but to my utter surprise I saw Sehun beside the manager. As Kris entered the room, Sehun nodded curtly to Seok and started to leave when he saw me at the doorway. But instead of moving out of his way, I stayed rooted at the spot because I finally saw the person on the bed. It wasn't one of the members, I noted with some relief but that was short lived when I saw who it was on the bed. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok. *Ducks before you all starts throwing tomatoes & eggs*

I'm so sorry guys! Life has just been so freaking hectic and I kep wanting to upload but it NEVER happened.

I lost count of how many times I did this.

I swear there will be Regular updates, one EVERYDAY from now as I have written the whole story and drafted it for the time when I find internet to work so I can upload and BEHOLD!!

Im updating the next chapter also! Have fun. And please dont hate me :)

Please continue reading and if you haven't yet, Subscribe, Comment and Like it :D